PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420
Re: [ROM] [11/28/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R5 (21882) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
Wow, just got my phone setup after flashing to R4. Now I'm going to start on R5.

How do I save preferences to the Sense UI to be restored via XDA_UC? I'd also like to know how to export/restore things like logins to Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, Telenav and my registration info for Sprite Backup and Kinoma Play.

Any help would be great!
I been using SPB Backup and it saves all preferences and logins.
D/L the trial from spbsoftwarehouse.com
and pm me for the full run down of ROM Upgrades and Custom Restorations.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nbaj2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaj2k View Post
I have been having an issue with bluetooth with this Juicy ROM along with the MightyRom. For some reason when I try to use my Parrot 3200 Car kit to make or pickup calls, at times the call just ends right after it connects or within 30 seconds of connecting.

When I flash back to the stock ROM, I don't seem to have any issues. Does anyone know if the bluetooth should be any different in the Stock TP2 ROM vs any of the Custom ROMS such as Juicy's? I love everything about this ROM, but for some reason am having issues with bluetooth connecting. I had thought that 6.5 would possibly correct some bluetooth issues and not make some new ones.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could go about trying to fix this? I had the same issues with R3 and R4 as well.

Any help would be great, as I'm not sure what else to try or do, but really dont' want to be forced to having to deal with the stock ROM.

Thanks,

~J
I guess no one has had this issue. It's extremely frustrating, and I really want to use this ROM. Does anyone know if there are any differences in bluetooth between the stock TP2 ROM and this Juicy ROM, and maybe if there is a CAB or registry tweak I can try to see if I could get it to work so I can continue to use this ROM?

Keep up the great work Juicy!

~J
Old 11-29-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
i have all my tones on my sd card in \my documents\my ringtones\ i set ringers for each contact and save my contacts, call logs, texts, and appointments with pimbackup ... once i restore all my custom tones for each contact work bc the ringers are in the same place as i chose them while setting up my contacts.
I tried PIMBackup, but after restoring and then syncing with Outlook, I got so many duplicates. I've also heard problems with duplicate SMS messages going out when using PIMBackup, so I've given up on that one personally.

I have started using Sashimi again and have it down to a fine art. After a hard reset, everything is put back where it belongs including registry fixes, shortcuts, ring tones and applications. It only takes me about five minutes to fix a few minor things after that reset. I'd have registry fixes for those if I could find them. Juicy uses the Canada Region and I always have to change that to US manually. There are a few other nice tweaks that I prefer which can be done in minutes.

I have a backup folder on my SD card which contains my shortcuts and rings. Sashimi restores those back faster than I can do them manually.

I did try the XDA UC, but it hangs on two of the apps I always install. So it was useless for me.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

[QUOTE=t0mmyr;1370048]alright, so i just verified a few mod's that work with r5 and cabbed up the owner info registry fix

install this cab to add more shortcuts to your home tab and enable the same background for all tabs

---
nice cab work. i do however have to soft reset to see my icons after setting them up to corresponding buttons. not a bad thing considering i soft reset a few times after fresh rom install.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

junks2010 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by junks2010 View Post
In V4, you can change the lock screen to the classic WM lock screen (where you have to click "unlock" twice at different places to unlock the phone). Is it gone in this v5 ROM? Is there anyway to get it back? Thanks.
Anyone?
Old 11-29-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pistol44 is just getting started

SPB backup users I have a question..

Updates to this rom are popping out almost weekly at times and my g/f will kill me if I have to make her sit and wait while I customize my phone over again from scratch.

When using SPB backup and attempting to do a restore say from R4 to R5 it will say something like its not the same rom so it puts me into upgrade mode. Anyone know if this is safe? Im worried I'd be over writting any new fixes/additions in R5 with the old R4.

How exactly are any of you using SPB backup when flashing to a new juicy rom? Ive been just manually restoring everything but I leave phone data unchecked worried that it will restore bugs from a previous rom onto a new one. Except that phone data is the part that saves hours of customizing.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hi I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to a thread that has XDA UC how to's more specifically for registry edits and settings like manila background, windows live login, and internet tab favs just to name a few. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
Yeah I found what looked like login info for Manilla's Facebook & Twitter, which I think is different than the Windows Mobile Facebook application, and Facebook seems to work by just importing the saved keys, but Twitter gives me errors. Something about being forbidden. If I logout, then re-enter my password to login, all is fine, but the point is not to have to. If anyone has any info on provisioning logins, please share!

On another topic, some CABs I install prompt for reboot after they are done. If I put them in XDA_UC for auto install, they still prompt. How can I prevent that so I don't have to hit cancel for the Customization to continue?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BizB is a n00b

First of all, thanks to all contributors for all of your hard work. I hope to be able to contribute something to this forum in the future as I have a new addiction with this phone.

I love this ROM! It is, by far, one of the smoothest that I've tried to date. I'm seeing some of the same issues that other users have mentioned and I anxiously await future fixes. I thought I'd chime in with my issues so far just to validate some other users' posts.

I'm a Verizon customer running Juicy R5.
Installed cabs:
  • Disable Verszon SMS Message Sent
  • Enable All Camera Modes
  • EverytrailMobile.Setup.PocketPC
  • juicy47_16_bg4all
  • juicy47_enable_owner_information
  • juicy47_fix_clock_animation
  • Qik_ppc_4.21
  • Skyfire-PPC
  • tcmdpocketarm
  • Verizon Keyboard Fix
  • softkeymanager1_1 (didn't accomplish what I wanted)
The issues that I'm seeing include
  • MMS: Not working.
  • SMS: I have it set up for threaded layout and when I click reply and click in the text box to begin typing, it takes a very long time before the textbox takes focus and provides a cursor.
  • Footprints: Unable to initialize camera. Failed to set up the camera device
  • Bluetooth: None of my devices are being discovered when I search.
  • Remote Desktop Connection: Cannot connect Likely reasons are 1. Specified computer name or ip does not exist. 2. A network error occurred while establishing the connection. -- I have run RDP on the stock ROM and it worked after my first flash, but it hasn't worked since either the energy ROM or the MightyRom (not sure when it stopped)
  • Home page quick links:
    • Contact picture not showing up
    • Soft reset required to get any icon to appear
Wishlist:
  • I'd love to replace the "Phone" softkey with a "Lock", but I can't figure out how to accomplish this. The build-in Softkey manager seems to have all the programs, but not the "Lock" option.
  • Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears that it's difficult to get to "All programs" listing. I know I stumbled across it when setting up after the last flash, but I think it should be easier to get to.

I hope this post helps and doesn't seem like I'm just complaining. I'm 98% happy with this ROM as is!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Tiger505 is keeping up the good workTiger505 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker View Post
I tried PIMBackup, but after restoring and then syncing with Outlook, I got so many duplicates. I've also heard problems with duplicate SMS messages going out when using PIMBackup, so I've given up on that one personally.

I have started using Sashimi again and have it down to a fine art. After a hard reset, everything is put back where it belongs including registry fixes, shortcuts, ring tones and applications. It only takes me about five minutes to fix a few minor things after that reset. I'd have registry fixes for those if I could find them. Juicy uses the Canada Region and I always have to change that to US manually. There are a few other nice tweaks that I prefer which can be done in minutes.

I have a backup folder on my SD card which contains my shortcuts and rings. Sashimi restores those back faster than I can do them manually.

I did try the XDA UC, but it hangs on two of the apps I always install. So it was useless for me.
I hope this is not a too basic question but what do you manually to change to the US Region? Thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can someone mirror the new update because my limit is maxed out on rapidshare, and does the R5 have landscape mode already embedded?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development