PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 11:53 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoball88 View Post
oh ok thanks, so then i have to find a cdma taskbar? or how does that work. if uninstall it the stock one works fine but the plane black and white one dosnt float my boat!
i could be wrong but i have dipped into custom tb be4 but its been awhile.

the taskbars on this forum, ppcgeeks, are mostly 4 cdma. and xda covers mostly gsm. now w/ that being said our phone, tp2, is both cdma and gsm(sim card) so even thou we are cdma too, the cdma taskbars dont have sim cards so thats why they are not skinned. and if you install sum gsm tb, there are sum functions it doesnt skin right for the cdma portion. so basicly you need a hybrid that covers both the cdma and gsm aspects, to get a fully skinned tb. does that make sense?

i do plan on making a tb, eventually. but not anytime soon so dont hold your breath.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
TdiDave

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
Different carriers but on Sprint I had to install an Arcsoft cab file and adjust the server settings, even though provision worked my MMS settings didn't change. It was stuck on Telus for some reason. See if there is a Verizon MMS cab floating around somewhere.
Just tried 2 different MMS verizon cab and both failed to install, said didnt have sufficient sstem permissions ??
Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP , TP2x2 and now EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

nutzy19 is keeping up the good worknutzy19 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayweezie21 View Post
you should def host this somewhere so i can download all of the tweaks and such. looks like an awesome collection.
That would be AWESOME!!! Ive already started taking notes and trying to find cabs.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

plastiq2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
just flash, choose sprint after flash during provisioning screen. reset. it will let u send and receive up to 1mb mms out of the box

when a sim card is detected the phone switches to global mode so this has been normal to see the mmsc servers listed in gsm instead of cdma. it will and has been working just fine this way. a regedit will be needed if u want to modify the mms servers just search this thread for the sring if u want to do that or later tonight i may post up my mass customizations for this rom if a few more people request it and click some thanks u guys wouldnt imagine how cleanly organized my start menu is. i just want to add another app i forgot. if anyone has some good regedits please post them so i can be sure to try test them and include them if they are any good
PLEASE Post the mass customizations!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by plastiq2; 12-11-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

thedoc is keeping up the good workthedoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
let me tell you all a story: during juicy's rom versions R1-R5, many people complained about "htc messaging" being 1)slow/laggy 2)un-able 2 send mms "outta da box". and frankly there WAS A FIX/WORKAROUND for both of those issues. FIX 4 #1)DONT SAVE ALL YOUR DAM TEXTS!!! or save them w/ ms myphone. FIX 4 #2)1,2 and 3 .reg files gets you MMS! its that simple. but 4 the people that were 2 lazy to do this or search the thread 4 the instructions, would complain "back 2 manila 2.1" or "back to mighty".

well now juicy decides to remove "htc messaging" (which, by all means is his decision, you do what you want 2 Juicy) anyways now there seems to be NEW issues w/ the fact "htc messaging" is disabled. 1)cant tap message preview (in manila txt tab) to pull up message. 2)in manila people tab (if you save the contact 2 "send txt" instead of "call") it does nothing/takes you nowhere, rendering that contact useless!!! 3)takes more steps to send txt. FIX 4 #1)instead of tapping preview, tap all messages. FIX 4 #2) NO FIX/WORKAROUND!!! (my biggest issue, personally)

and to all the people that would complain or be lazy w/ r1-r5 saying "back 2 2.1" are telling off the ones that dislike "htc messaging" being disabled and telling them 2 go else where. you frickin' hypocrite, "YOU" people make me sick come up w/ a fix/workaround instead of being a hypocrite

and b4 you bash me; look back in this thread and you'll see i contribute to the forum AND this thread, its just this put me over the edge

sorry 4 my rant, i'm gonna go smoke an compose myself
i agree dude the same people that was complaining in this thread about mms not working is the same ones that are telling the people that dislike disabling htc app (to fix mms) to go install another rom rather than try and help the situation.....

.....maybe we should of told them the same
Old 12-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DXL XLR8 is a n00b

i posted this back a few pages ago, but noone answered my question. Have anyone been successful using email program called "seven" with R6 on the sprint network?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I am getting that damn "message sent" pop-up sending a text again (Verizon phone)

What is a the fix/regedit to stop this??

~John
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jonoball88 is keeping up the good workjonoball88 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i could be wrong but i have dipped into custom tb be4 but its been awhile.

the taskbars on this forum, ppcgeeks, are mostly 4 cdma. and xda covers mostly gsm. now w/ that being said our phone, tp2, is both cdma and gsm(sim card) so even thou we are cdma too, the cdma taskbars dont have sim cards so thats why they are not skinned. and if you install sum gsm tb, there are sum functions it doesnt skin right for the cdma portion. so basicly you need a hybrid that covers both the cdma and gsm aspects, to get a fully skinned tb. does that make sense?

i do plan on making a tb, eventually. but not anytime soon so dont hold your breath.
ohh gotcha yeah that make sense now, thanks that clears alot up. I like having a custom task bar and will just live without having signal strength icon for now

Last edited by jonoball88; 12-11-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I am getting that damn "message sent" pop-up sending a text again (Verizon phone)

What is a the fix/regedit to stop this??

~John
Here you go..
Attached Files
File Type: cab Disable_SMS_Sent_Notification[1].cab (1.1 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 on MightyROM Official Release 2/10

devoe is a n00b

Perhaps my message was taken as a rant on Juicy's work, but that is absolutely not the case, and if it was taken that way, I apologize. I think the stuff that you guys do voluntarily is amazing and I've shown my appreciation by making some donations to the cooks.

The MMS issue really wasn't my biggest issue with this ROM. As I stated in my post, the lag was really my biggest problem. I really liked the features of this ROM and was looking forward to using 2.5 but if there's going to be a lag for typing emails and messages and occasional freeze-ups, then I can't use this ROM. Perhaps it works fine for others, but it's just not for me and the way that I use my device. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Thanks.

Last edited by devoe; 12-11-2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: grammar corrections

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development