PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 11:37 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

Since Drybonz has stopped development of his ROM, I will be looking at releasing the new Taskbar in CAB form a bit earlier than planned. One thing I am looking at is changing the battery, and adding all the GSM icons. This will take me a bit, but I think you guys will like the end result. As a treat, I may even (time permitting) get my icons for the Notification Manager worked into the various matching Titanium plugins. Maybe...

Once I've completed this, I'll see if I have the time and energy to get the latest versions of TB 3 and TB6 Elite converted to QVGA for 6.5. Those will more than likely be my last QVGA conversions as I am looking to pretty much work on just VGA/WVGA WM6.5 going forward. I've even given some thought to learning how to cook a ROM. Now if that doesn't scare everyone...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:45 PM
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar qvga gsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I know! Bonz is the man. He will be missed around these parts. I would like to see you hook up with Groove. this great project combined with his rom is a winner plus he is doing roms for both the t pro and diamond. I personally would love to see this taskbar available like tsowen's, universally! so titanium only and titanium/rodium rom users can benefit, that would be awesome. thanks.
Take a look at the next post after yours...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Since Drybonz has stopped development of his ROM, I will be looking at releasing the new Taskbar in CAB form a bit earlier than planned. One thing I am looking at is changing the battery, and adding all the GSM icons. This will take me a bit, but I think you guys will like the end result. As a treat, I may even (time permitting) get my icons for the Notification Manager worked into the various matching Titanium plugins. Maybe...

Once I've completed this, I'll see if I have the time and energy to get the latest versions of TB 3 and TB6 Elite converted to QVGA for 6.5. Those will more than likely be my last QVGA conversions as I am looking to pretty much work on just VGA/WVGA WM6.5 going forward. I've even given some thought to learning how to cook a ROM. Now if that doesn't scare everyone...
sounds good Gadget! I think everyone would be thrilled to see you throw your hat in the chef ring. But the long hours and staying up late, are you sure your up to it. I only ask because I know you like to hit the sack around 11ish
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Mostly because we haven't had time with all of the other projects and responsibilities that we have in the real world.
and prior to release u know its gotta be thoroughly tested and tweaked, which takes time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
any one know how to or can instruct on the qvga/cdma?
sure, here's the general idea.. the icons are in the dll files...
to extract dlls from a stock ROM use ROM Extractor
to modify the dll (change icons) use a pr0g like Reshack / PE Explorer / Restorator
to replace the dlls and test your new icons use Resco Explorer or Total commander

you'll note that the process for modification is basically the same regardless of which device or build is used; however the locations of the icon varies, for instance 6.5 more icons are controlled by the shellres.192.dll file

- the 'actual' process of swapping the files really isnt that time consuming (well okay maybe just a little)

the problem is... finding the correct location can be another story... not to mention find the right icons and resizing them.... and also making sure that you have the correct registy entries to point to your DLL (especially important for 6.5 users as pointed out in the first post) so where was I? oh yeah basically you just find or create your icon set, extract the stock dll files and then find the icons in the dll using one of the programs, and then you look at the specs, then make your icon resize to those specs and then replace it in the dll and then overwrite the dll on your phone and reboot and then see if you got the icon you wanted and make sure it looks good and then try again if it didnt look perfect or was a little blurry, or maybe you screwed up and didnt make the size quite right, and so you try another image and it works but then you can't find the regedit to fix the signal bars, so you go look and see if anyone else has figured it out while checking the first post of tsowen's taskbar thread for important reg edits...

whoops... kinda rambled there for a sec

see also here and here
Old 06-11-2009, 12:04 AM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
But the long hours and staying up late, are you sure your up to it. I only ask because I know you like to hit the sack around 11ish
Yeah, right... Just ask DB how many times I was up until 3 or 4 in the morning going back and forth with him over icon styles...

And Go! Go! GadgetROM has kind of a nice ring to it...

FYI: My first post is updated with a certain CAB...

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 06-11-2009 at 12:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:12 AM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
and prior to release u know its gotta be thoroughly tested and tweaked, which takes time...

sure, here's the general idea.. the icons are in the dll files...
to extract dlls from a stock ROM use ROM Extractor
to modify the dll (change icons) use a pr0g like Reshack / PE Explorer / Restorator
to replace the dlls and test your new icons use Resco Explorer or Total commander

you'll note that the process for modification is basically the same regardless of which device or build is used; however the locations of the icon varies, for instance 6.5 more icons are controlled by the shellres.192.dll file

- the 'actual' process of swapping the files really isnt that time consuming (well okay maybe just a little)

the problem is... finding the correct location can be another story... not to mention find the right icons and resizing them.... and also making sure that you have the correct registy entries to point to your DLL (especially important for 6.5 users as pointed out in the first post) so where was I? oh yeah basically you just find or create your icon set, extract the stock dll files and then find the icons in the dll using one of the programs, and then you look at the specs, then make your icon resize to those specs and then replace it in the dll and then overwrite the dll on your phone and reboot and then see if you got the icon you wanted and make sure it looks good and then try again if it didnt look perfect or was a little blurry, or maybe you screwed up and didnt make the size quite right, and so you try another image and it works but then you can't find the regedit to fix the signal bars, so you go look and see if anyone else has figured it out while checking the first post of tsowen's taskbar thread for important reg edits...

whoops... kinda rambled there for a sec

see also here and here
That second link at the end of the post is where I learned most, if not all of what to do. It is really not that difficult, you just to have time and be able to pay attention to details. None of us got to this point with out diving in and trying. As a matter of fact, I got started converting TB 3 to QVGA for personal use on my old Touch Vogue. Once you start...
Old 06-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Yeah, right... Just ask DB how many times I was up until 3 or 4 in the morning going back and forth with him over icon styles...

And Go! Go! GadgetROM has kind of a nice ring to it...

FYI: My first post is updated with a certain CAB...
I know lol, you guys are actually doing real work, I'm on here till around 2ish answering noobs questions.LOL. we all have our little place here I guess. GadgetRom does have a nice ring to it! Thanks a million for the cab! trying it now on Grooveman's latest and greatest. will let you know how it goes. YOUDAMAN
Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 AM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
I know lol, you guys are actually doing real work, I'm on here till around 2ish answering noobs questions.LOL. we all have our little place here I guess. GadgetRom does have a nice ring to it! Thanks a million for the cab! trying it now on Grooveman's latest and greatest. will let you know how it goes. YOUDAMAN

Yes, please let me know if you spot any weirdness since the backgrounds were originally designed to go with the Bear-Bonz theme. I may need to look at something more generic for a 2.0 version ::shudder at the amount of work that would take::
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, please let me know if you spot any weirdness since the backgrounds were originally designed to go with the Bear-Bonz theme. I may need to look at something more generic for a 2.0 version ::shudder at the amount of work that would take::
thanks again Gadget. They look sharp. here are 4 screenshots, first 3 of various pics of tbar with couple wallpapers and one landscape, last one of the dialer. By the way, have you tried shake and save? so easy to use for sshots. I can post the cab if you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (14.3 KB, 121 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (12.2 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (22.6 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4.jpg (11.8 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:37 AM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
thanks again Gadget. They look sharp. here are 4 screenshots, first 3 of various pics of tbar with couple wallpapers and one landscape, last one of the dialer. By the way, have you tried shake and save? so easy to use for sshots. I can post the cab if you like.
Looks good, and they seem to blend in well with your theme. I think I'll leave well enough alone for now and concentrate on the GSM stuff. I'll also do a different battery, but offer it as 1.5 option. Or something like that. Thanks for posting those.

And sure, I'd love to try shake and save. I've been using SPB SS with a lot of success, but man it takes a lot more steps with out some of the hardware buttons my old Vogue had...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes