PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

View Poll Results: Is this App Usefull?
No 4 22.22%
Yes 14 77.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2, Pro, Diamond, Touch, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JCerna Your Bill Whiz

Thanks for the confirmation on the Pro2 I will wait to see if any others try it before confirming. Do you know if the phone was stock or did it have a custom ROM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlores View Post
I installed this program in a T-Mobile Pro2 and it look good. When I open the keyboard it does not but you said that. Also using arrow keys to move between links (im not sure what to call them) they are not in order it jumps all around.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

RFlores is becoming a great contributor
Re: JCerna Your Bill Whiz Need Beta Testers

In the Tax Tip screen is there a way you can make it so that if you click on anything in accident you can just click off the scroll bars?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the suggestion I will work on that in feature release.

Quote:
In the Tax Tip screen is there a way you can make it so that if you click on anything in accident you can just click off the scroll bars?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer

for most people gratuity is a standard percentage, i dont think it is necessary to have it at .01% unless your using the same coding for all the numbers, and you cant directly click on decimals when you want to change a number you have to click the number first then the decimal.
also maybe if you wanna add a currency converter too... in the future
Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you for your opinion on this and I think that you migth be right. I was trying to use one code set for all number inputs but I can see me changing this. On a similar note I have the app present both tax and gratuity as ##.###% becuase I want this app to also tell you what percentage your paying if you enter a $ amount in taxes or gratuity. I have been considering the currency converter and will most likely add one in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodracer View Post
for most people gratuity is a standard percentage, i dont think it is necessary to have it at .01% unless your using the same coding for all the numbers, and you cant directly click on decimals when you want to change a number you have to click the number first then the decimal.
also maybe if you wanna add a currency converter too... in the future
Old 10-30-2009, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

On the Omnia i910 this app seems to work well. Taking into account the beta status and your list of already knows issues + goals, what you have so far seems to work as advertized, doesn't have resolution issues, and seems moderately stable (I have crashed a couple times, but I can't pin it to the app alone (can't reproduce exactly)).

It may just be me, or maybe when the menu screen is tweaked it will be clearer, but for an app that is primarily based on figuring tips + bill splits, I would think it would be easier to open on the 'bill screen' first, and allow you to navigate to the calculator from there. (I can't remember what screen it started with because in looking again I may have uncovered a bug, I am stuck on the 'even/split' screen whenever I open the app.)

I also noticed you can'r enter more than $100 and change on the bill screen, and I know it may look cooler to have a scrolling choice area like it has, but maybe each digit could be altered allowing you to chose the hundreds place, the tens and the ones individually...either by scrolling menu like you have, a rolling one like another 'fruity' phone or have a numeric keypad pop-up. I know you can enter it into the calculator, but it just seems to me that by the time you get to the splitting stage you usually have the bill already and don't need to add it together to figute the tip or split.

Just my opinion, I may be in the minority, but overall....so far it is looking pretty good JCerna!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the feedback; I'm glad that the app looks like it should in the Omnia. It's really hard to write an app that will work with all screen resolutions/sizes. Anyways... That is weird that the screen opens up to the split/even screen. The app should open to a blank screen and from there you should be able to either go to the calculator or the bill, I will check into that.
Also there is numeric keypad but it only shows in the Bill tip/tax screen. When you click on a number to change and the scrolling numbers bars come up you can press in the soft keyboard icon to make it show. The number pad does need a makeover but that’s later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
On the Omnia i910 this app seems to work well. Taking into account the beta status and your list of already knows issues + goals, what you have so far seems to work as advertized, doesn't have resolution issues, and seems moderately stable (I have crashed a couple times, but I can't pin it to the app alone (can't reproduce exactly)).

It may just be me, or maybe when the menu screen is tweaked it will be clearer, but for an app that is primarily based on figuring tips + bill splits, I would think it would be easier to open on the 'bill screen' first, and allow you to navigate to the calculator from there. (I can't remember what screen it started with because in looking again I may have uncovered a bug, I am stuck on the 'even/split' screen whenever I open the app.)

I also noticed you can'r enter more than $100 and change on the bill screen, and I know it may look cooler to have a scrolling choice area like it has, but maybe each digit could be altered allowing you to chose the hundreds place, the tens and the ones individually...either by scrolling menu like you have, a rolling one like another 'fruity' phone or have a numeric keypad pop-up. I know you can enter it into the calculator, but it just seems to me that by the time you get to the splitting stage you usually have the bill already and don't need to add it together to figute the tip or split.

Just my opinion, I may be in the minority, but overall....so far it is looking pretty good JCerna!!

Last edited by JCerna; 10-30-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK....I see what you mean about hitting the keypad image and having the numeric pad pop-up....very nice, just what I was thinking shoulf be there!

I have noticed this time that the app opened on the bill tally screen, so It seems to get stuck on a certain screen for a while.....could be more my device than the app I guess.

It also gets more goofy the more I use it, the bill screen tends to get 'blocks' missing from it, showing the Today screen through at some points, or the numeric menu getting stuck in the 'on' position. I will look at the memory usage and see if it is doing something there. I will try to post a screenshot or two later after I get home to show you what I am trying to get at with the screen getting flukey on me!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

RFlores is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: 11/2/2009 Your Bill Whiz Need Beta Testers Update

I just updated to v0.21 and I got to say much better, but I don't like that the new number lists. I set mine up to the number key pad. Over all this app is great can wait for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCerna View Post
Another update is up if you had older v0.20 you should update
Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: 11/2/2009 Your Bill Whiz Need Beta Testers Update

Thanks for the update I have just posted the newer version, unless anyone reports a major bug I think I will move on to the other features.

Quote:
I just updated to v0.21 and I got to say much better, but I don't like that the new number lists. I set mine up to the number key pad. Over all this app is great can wait for more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
application, htc diamond, programs, windows mobile 6, windows mobile 6.5