PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is this App Usefull?
No 4 22.22%
Yes 14 77.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5 on HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

uofirob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 11/5/2009 Your Bill Whiz Need Beta Testers Update

I'm a .net developer but I haven't worked on mobile devices. Could you make a couple different start screens that you could display one or another depending on the screen size? That should help your issue with making it look the same across different devices. (I run a Vogue with sprint for your records of what people are using... it looks great on the device btw)

I just downloaded and I look forward to trying it out today. When splitting is selected you could ask for the number of people in party and then after that selection, pop up the calculator where you have the person add in the prices for his/hers items and when you're done you click "go to next person" and add that persons stuff. Make sure to have first/last previous/next buttons on the bottom (you know |< < > >| style) so you can go from one person to the next.

I'm not a huge fan of the current menu system, but if you work in a start screen like what was posted, you could have stuff launched from that page and then have back to menu buttons.

For bugs: I experienced an issue when I set input to numpad when I clicked on the numpad button to make the keyboard go away, it would open my regular keyboard instead. I'm running Vin's rom on my vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50712) but I'm not on the very latest version of it so it may be a bug of the on screen keyboard. I'll let you know once I update it.

Sorry for being wordy, hope this helps!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2, Pro, Diamond, Touch, Mogul
Threadstarter

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for your feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by uofirob View Post
I'm a .net developer but I haven't worked on mobile devices. Could you make a couple different start screens that you could display one or another depending on the screen size? That should help your issue with making it look the same across different devices.
It does not really work that way with mobile devices, there is just a lot math to do. I have to tell the app to resize and reposition items depending on resolution. This can is easy if you do a .cab file for each but I am trying to make one .cab file that will work with all or as many windows mobile devices as possible and becuase of that I am limited in a few things.

Quote:
When splitting is selected you could ask for the number of people in party and then after that selection, pop up the calculator where you have the person add in the prices for his/hers items and when you're done you click "go to next person" and add that persons stuff. Make sure to have first/last previous/next buttons on the bottom (you know |< < > >| style) so you can go from one person to the next.
This is what I been working on for that pass weeks, I should have the new version up this weekend I hope. Instead of using a the calculator I made it so you can just add items prices (the calculator is a little faster but I wanted to be able to have a summary of items per person) I am going to add <> arrows later for now (secret) if you have win6.5 you can swipe your finger left or rigth to go back or foward.(do this only just on top of the menu button at the bottom)

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of the current menu system, but if you work in a start screen like what was posted, you could have stuff launched from that page and then have back to menu buttons. .
I agree and disagree, I am not compleatly happy with the menu system either but I do like that it helps with going back and forth. (This will become more clear as the complete the app.) I do want a better home screen, but I don't think I want to have to go back to it everytime. Once I complete the app and get more feedback I will try to find something that works better.

Quote:
For bugs: I experienced an issue when I set input to numpad when I clicked on the numpad button to make the keyboard go away, it would open my regular keyboard instead. I'm running Vin's rom on my vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50712) but I'm not on the very latest version of it so it may be a bug of the on screen keyboard. I'll let you know once I update it..
It's not really a bug, but I did want to make that happen (regular keyboard will be use to enter peoles name etc)... maybe you can help me make this happen. So you press to edit an amount and the Number Key Pad opens. I have it set for you to click Done on the left to submmit and Cancel on the rigth to cancel. If you click on the keyboard icon should it:
Hide the Number Key Pad and Cancel or Hide the Number Key Pad and submmit

Quote:
Sorry for being wordy, hope this helps!
No problem it helps I do read the feedback because I'm not allways rigth
Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5 on HTC Touch

uofirob is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCerna View Post

It's not really a bug, but I did want to make that happen (regular keyboard will be use to enter peoles name etc)... maybe you can help me make this happen. So you press to edit an amount and the Number Key Pad opens. I have it set for you to click Done on the left to submmit and Cancel on the rigth to cancel. If you click on the keyboard icon should it:
Hide the Number Key Pad and Cancel or Hide the Number Key Pad and submit
I sometimes accidentally click on the input menus, and I would assume that by clicking the close keyboard button, it would close the visual keyboard so i can see the screen. Can you just hide the numberpad key without submitting or cancelling? That way it acts like other applications do with keyboards.

With the device I have when the keyboard is up I don't have that much room to see the rest of the app. I find myself closing the keyboard a ton to actually see what's going on the page, and then many times I'll click on it again and finish input. Does that make sense?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 02/03/2010 Your Bill Whiz v1.0

Sorry I been out of town but here it is v1.0, let me know how you like it or don't. I will be working on giving it a better look now...
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

RFlores is becoming a great contributor

I thought you had died or something, I had not been checking this site for a while either and got an email with your update. I'll try it out.

Quote:
Sorry I been out of town but here it is v1.0, let me know how you like it or don't. I will be working on giving it a better look now...
Old 02-04-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No not dead but really busy, let me know what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlores View Post
I thought you had died or something, I had not been checking this site for a while either and got an email with your update. I'll try it out.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Your Bill Whiz v1.0 02/04/2010

Just as a heads up I have added this app to the Windows Mobile Market Place. So if you don't want to download the cab then transfer to your phone you can get it sent to the Mobile Market Place app here:
http://marketplace.windowsphone.com/...eywords=jcerna

Last edited by JCerna; 02-05-2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

RFlores is becoming a great contributor

Lol I had not installed it because I was to lazy to go and get a cable now I just got in from the Market Place . I see you have a version that you are charging 99c... will think about it

Quote:
Just as a heads up I have added this app to the Windows Mobile Market Place. So if you don't want to download the cab then transfer to your phone you can get it sent to the Mobile Market Place app here:
Old 02-05-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No problem to my defense I did not want to charge at all but I also want to make more projects and well they cost money. No im sure at this rate I will get back the money that I spent on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlores View Post
Lol I had not installed it because I was to lazy to go and get a cable now I just got in from the Market Place . I see you have a version that you are charging 99c... will think about it
Old 02-06-2010, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Your Bill Whiz v1.0 02/05/2010

New version posted v1.1 also youtube video added see first post.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
application, htc diamond, programs, windows mobile 6, windows mobile 6.5