PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Your Bill Whiz v1.2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92408)

JCerna 10-24-2009 09:39 PM

Your Bill Whiz v1.2

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I am working on a Bill APP (Your Bill Whiz) for windows mobile 6.0+ and I thought I would post it here to get feedback for future versions and answer any questions.

Features:
Simple calculator
Simple tax/tips calculator
Split Bill evenly
Split Bill Individually
Add people names
Add items per person
Split Bill per Person

Features Coming:
Database to save bills

This app has been tested with windows mobile pro 6.0 -6.5.3 should work on any touch WinMo device
Tested devices: Sprint HTC Touch, Mogul, Pro, and Diamond by me

Thanks to RFlores for testing it on a TMobile Pro 2
Thanks to syrguy1969 for testing it on an Omnia i910

Your Bill v1.1 has been posted, you can download it from attachments or from WinMo Marketplace. If you like the app and want to support future versions, donate by buying Your Bill Whiz for 99c.

Please feel free to provide any feedback, I will continue to update and support this app.

Here are two youtube video on how to navigate the app.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abSrQguYdw4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjReIb7bx1o

Thanks to bugsy90 who wrote this review http://www.fuzemobility.com/your-bil...ng-done-right/

If you would like to make a standard donation of any size click here.

Please note that it is best to buy Your Bill Whiz from the mobile marketplace because you get a few perks. Note that I am not trying to make a profit from this, I will use money obtain to improve this and future WinMo apps.

JCerna 10-24-2009 09:40 PM

Re: JCerna Your Bill Whiz

Release Notes:

Your Bill Whiz v1.2 is Here
-Ability to quickly delete party member
-Added a total to individual split
-Fixed bug that would not allow you to enter 0 for item price
-Changed icons for main menu, now current selection is gray
-Added support to add 20 Party members for individual split
-Trimed down code for faster and smaller app

Your Bill v1.1
-Updated Screen shots for this site
-Added support english non US devices
-Fixed minor bug on individual split
-Fixed bug reported on touch pro2 when using keyboard to type names
-Your Bill Whiz: Changed splash screen, it goes away quicker
-Your Bill (added splash screen asking for purchase)
-Your Bill (Settings are now visible but not editable)
-Now Avalible for download at Windows Marketplace
http://marketplace.windowsphone.com/search.aspx?keywords=bill

Requirements:

2 Mb free space
Windows Mobile Pro (touch) 6.0-6.5.3
Standard or Square screen
Portrait mode (landscape not supported)
.Net V3.5

Bugs/Issues:
-Windows Mobile Professional (touch) only
-Not ready for landscape

What am I looking for from you in this relase:
Please let me know what you think, suggestions are welcome and appriciated. Also if you find a bug let me know and I will do my best so that it's fix in next realease.

Hints
You can use the basic calculator to add up your items if you don't have a subtotal (with out taxes or tip). Then click on tax tip in the bottom right. Your total from the calculator will transfer to the Tips & Tax screen.

In tips and tax you can change Bill total, Tax total, Tips (Gratuities) total, Tax %, and Tips (Gratuities) % by clicking on them.

From the Tips & Tax screen you can click on Split to split the bill.

Your Bill v1.0 is here
-Fix many bugs
-Added Features:
-Split Bill Individually
-Add people names
-Add items per person
-Split Bill per Person
-Now Avalible for download at Windows Marketplace
http://marketplace.windowsphone.com/search.aspx?keywords=bill

Beta v0.50 Coming Soon
I am doing my best to get this release this weekend 12/6/09 current version pulled.

Beta v0.27 is here 11/5/09
-Fixed bugs reported by RFlores and levp, thanks guys
-Added support for windows mobile pro (touch) square screen devices
-Well I will improve the way it looks in future but I need testers as I don't own a device
-Change a few minor things in the interface

Beta v0.25 is here
Change data base type - I was trying to use sql, it would have made some nice reports but to slow
Revised code

Bugs/Issues:
-Bug reported by RFlores - app won't open after you make changes to tax percentage from the Bill Tax Tips screen. (I'm Looking into it for now a reinstall will fix it and change percentage using options)
-Bug reported by levp - percent in calculator does not work 100+10%= 100.1 instead of 110

Beta 0.20 Is Here(updated to 0.21)
Changes
Added Database
Your settings are now stored in database
Removed Menu from home screen change it to just exit (you must confirm exit: first rigth soft button then left)
Moved Options to bottom navigation menus
Unlock Auto Party Tips (Gratuities) - this will change your tips% when your party is > or = selected # people
Calculator and num keypad have been merged (cut code down and mem usage)
You can now make num keypad default (Only Bill, Taxes, Gratuities... for now)
I have now added new temp icons for Cal, Bill, and Options. (sorry I will make this app look better in future)
App takes longer to load (because of database) but It is more responsive and lighter then previous version.
Prepare items so that in a future release this app can work on windows mobile pro square screens
Reduced files and cab size to < .5mb, previous version was about 1mb.

Beta 0.05
-First public beta
-Basic Cal
-Basic Tip/Tax
-Basic Even Split
-Tested with Mogul, Touch, Pro, and Diamond
-Tested with 6.1, 6.5, and 6.5.1

Requirements:
3 Mb free space
Windows Mobile Pro (touch) 6.0-6.5.1 (you can try others but I have not tested)
Standard screen (not square)
Portrait mode (landscape not supported)
Latest .Net

Bugs/Issues:
-Icons not ready (windows logo) only use first two from left. First one is basic cal second tip/tax.
-Options under the menu in main screen work but do not save after app has been exited.
-After making a change in tip/tax screen and clicking home, home screen does not update. (Instead use split)
-Not ready for square screen devices
-Windows Mobile Professional (touch) only
-Not ready for landscape

TeamMike 10-24-2009 10:15 PM

looks cool. just an fyi though, gratuity is 20% (dinning). also, how fast/easy will it be to input all the info? because if it takes too long some people can just figure it out in their head... but still, good idea.

JCerna 10-24-2009 10:29 PM

Don't worry I am making it so that you can quickly change tax and tips % and make them Default. I am still debating what input method to use... you will see once I post. I am hoping to have it up by Sunday night.
Thanks
JCerna
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamMike (Post 1262134)
looks cool. just an fyi though, gratuity is 20% (dinning). also, how fast/easy will it be to input all the info? because if it takes too long some people can just figure it out in their head... but still, good idea.

RFlores 10-25-2009 11:40 PM

Thanks this app is really cool I just had dinner with 3 friends and I was able to say how much each of us had to pay. I did not do a even split but instead I added my stuff using the calculator then did tips and tax. I also did the same for friends. You did not list this as a feature? The only complain I have is the icons on the bottom it's confusing.:thumbleft:

JCerna 10-26-2009 12:05 AM

Thanks for the the feedback, yes you can do it the way you did it but I want to make it easier. Yes I am sorry about the menu icons at the bottom, I wil try to have something better next round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFlores (Post 1264902)
Thanks this app is really cool I just had dinner with 3 friends and I was able to say how much each of us had to pay. I did not do a even split but instead I added my stuff using the calculator then did tips and tax. I also did the same for friends. You did not list this as a feature? The only complain I have is the icons on the bottom it's confusing.:thumbleft:

Batman 10-26-2009 12:14 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

looks pretty sweet

RFlores 10-26-2009 12:10 PM

Your app works better in 6.5, I just installed for a friend and the scroll bars are not so great. I guess is that in 6.5 you can scroll from the center and he has to use the side bar to scroll. The weird think is that he did not mind, I guess becuase he does not use a 6.5 phone. Anyways thanks

JCerna 10-26-2009 12:29 PM

Yeah it was hard for me to decide if I should keep the number scroll lists or just go with a key numpad. So rigth now I am working so you can set your preference in options. Also I don't know if I should have the numpad avalible everywhere. For example I only have it avalible in the Tax Tips windows but in the home screen to change number of people it's only a scroll list. Also in options I made a list and no number pad. I love the scroll list in 6.5 but not so much in 6.1...:-({|=

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFlores (Post 1265790)
Your app works better in 6.5, I just installed for a friend and the scroll bars are not so great. I guess is that in 6.5 you can scroll from the center and he has to use the side bar to scroll. The weird think is that he did not mind, I guess becuase he does not use a 6.5 phone. Anyways thanks

RFlores 10-26-2009 07:06 PM

I installed this program in a T-Mobile Pro2 and it look good. When I open the keyboard it does not but you said that. Also using arrow keys to move between links (im not sure what to call them) they are not in order it jumps all around.