PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Re: Why not use push email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimogent View Post
check out this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72923 seems to address alot of your questions and if you look at post #7 there is a REALLY cool app called sprint mail in cab format. its a push mail app and can only be used with one email acct....but for most thats aplenty! ive had it installed for a few days now and can honestly say i have seen ZERO change in my battery life.

hope this helps....if so hit the thanks
But for now, I've tested this app, and I don't know if it works on TELUS. After soft-reset and registering the device and email account, it stayed open in the face so I "x"ed it and confirmed it's not running by looking into the task manager.

Then, sent an email from my other hotmail account to my msn account registered on the device. 5 mins go by, and no sign of new email. Meanwhile, I see on my msn account on browser that the email has been received.

So, I soft reset and wait for it to do everything by itself. And I still don't see anything happening.
PS: I also have Google Mobile Sync running via ActiveSync to sync my calendar events.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
But for now, I've tested this app, and I don't know if it works on TELUS. After soft-reset and registering the device and email account, it stayed open in the face so I "x"ed it and confirmed it's not running by looking into the task manager.

Then, sent an email from my other hotmail account to my msn account registered on the device. 5 mins go by, and no sign of new email. Meanwhile, I see on my msn account on browser that the email has been received.

So, I soft reset and wait for it to do everything by itself. And I still don't see anything happening.
PS: I also have Google Mobile Sync running via ActiveSync to sync my calendar events.
Upon going directly to Messaging and hitting Send/Receive, it seemed to have gotten that email as new, but still no pushing done by Sprint Email.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kimogent is becoming a great contributor

hmmmm, not really sure why that is happening. im not having any delay at all....well one time i noticed it waited a few mins to push but then again im not running the other apps you have. my phone is very basic (im very basic rather) the tp is great! sorry bro, i have no idea??? maybe one of those almighty vip geekers could chime in...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
hmmmm, not really sure why that is happening. im not having any delay at all....well one time i noticed it waited a few mins to push but then again im not running the other apps you have. my phone is very basic (im very basic rather) the tp is great! sorry bro, i have no idea??? maybe one of those almighty vip geekers could chime in...
Looks like you're on Sprint, in the US. I'm on TELUS, in Canada.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kimogent is becoming a great contributor

it has to be that because that app has been money since i installed it. good observation
Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
it has to be that because that app has been money since i installed it. good observation
I'd kill to have an app like that. Because I'm big on push that keeps a data connection and a client active. It's push, but at the cost of battery and RAM.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
check out this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72923 seems to address alot of your questions and if you look at post #7 there is a REALLY cool app called sprint mail in cab format. its a push mail app and can only be used with one email acct....but for most thats aplenty! ive had it installed for a few days now and can honestly say i have seen ZERO change in my battery life.

hope this helps....if so hit the thanks
Sprint Mail is made by Seven. It has more limitations than the current Seven beta, so you're better off using Seven beta.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Sprint Mail is made by Seven. It has more limitations than the current Seven beta, so you're better off using Seven beta.
I wish Seven releases another version with the encrypted text messages method.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

I installed a Gmail account on my Touch Pro, but could not get it to work well. IMAP kept locking up my phone, and POP wanted to download all thousands of messages in my Gmail account.

My conclusion was that Gmail has a bizarre model of email (everything is archived, never deleted) which is incompatible with POP; and Windows Mobile does not support IMAP well.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch/ Touch Pro 2

gottago is a n00b

If you don't mind an additional application, you might try Flexmail.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software