PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Why not use push email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
With my gmail to check email every 5mins it don't eat my batt like that. Plus I carry a wall charger and a car charger with me everywhere I go so my batt dying is the last thing on my mind
Something carrying a purse is great for, bringing along an extra charger!!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
I have been using WM for a long time. Love my Sprint Touch Pro right now. I have truely become a flashaholic. Well, one of the first things that I do when I install a new ROM is install the cab for Seven Push email for my 2 personal gmail accounts and 1 yahoo account. But, I see that a lot of people here do not use any software for pushing their personal email.

So, my question is:
- Do you guys just not have personal email setup on your phone?
- Is there a benefit of not installing Seven push email and setup your accounts using regular poutlook?
- Do you use something else besides Seven for push email? Anything better?
- Does is hurt your battery to have push email setup?
- Yes, I have email setup on my phone.
- I don't like to install extra apps for something that comes built in with the phone.
- I use Sherweb. It is not free though. However, great exchange plan and even better customer service. They truly rock.
- No extra battery drain on my own TP that I can notice.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:32 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, if I could ever get my boss's to use email it might change, but nope, I keep getting useless voicemail without any valuable info.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Cool Re: Why not use push email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Something carrying a purse is great for, bringing along an extra charger!!
That's true! Lol but I'm usually by a wall outlet or in a car so I'm straight on the extra batt

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

Wanted to use something like Sherweb, 4Smartphone, etc., but I already have enterprise Exchange Push email for work. Only one Exchange account per Windowsphone, unfortunately. I heard that might be changing with WM7, but not certain. Does Seven work around this issue and give you a sort of virtual Exchange by using the SMS gateway?? I would be interested in that. I'm going to take a look. Thanks for the info!

matt
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

so If I use Seven and get my emails to my phone in real time and get about 50 emails a day, wouldnt that hurt my battery life alot more then if it just checks every hour or two? I still dont get the point of needing your email checked every 5 minutes or so unless you are a business man type person.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: Why not use push email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
so If I use Seven and get my emails to my phone in real time and get about 50 emails a day, wouldnt that hurt my battery life alot more then if it just checks every hour or two? I still dont get the point of needing your email checked every 5 minutes or so unless you are a business man type person.
Well for me I stay in touch with more ppl via while they at work so I need it popped every 5mins I stay logged on my IM but perfer email cause I can have they delay if I'm busy I hate when someone IM me and I'm busy n they keep IM me cause they think I'm by my phone. But that's just me tho
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Personally, this is what I'd NOT like to see in email:

The need to run a client-side app at all times, (ex. Seven) which runs in the background and makes sure it's active to receive the transmission from Seven-server regarding new email. (The technology of it is not clear to me tho, does it maintain a persistent connection to server thereby utilizing periodic data and thereby affecting battery?)

What I'd like:

An Activesync like application that literally takes 5KB or so in RAM and just stays up to "listen for signals", which when it receives one, it will fire up ActiveSync and do a pull. It'd be great if I could sync my GMail, MSN, and corp pop accounts.

I already run Dashwire, and cannot afford to run Seven in the background too! Or else my battery goes down down down.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kimogent is becoming a great contributor

check out this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72923 seems to address alot of your questions and if you look at post #7 there is a REALLY cool app called sprint mail in cab format. its a push mail app and can only be used with one email acct....but for most thats aplenty! ive had it installed for a few days now and can honestly say i have seen ZERO change in my battery life.

hope this helps....if so hit the thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimogent View Post
check out this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72923 seems to address alot of your questions and if you look at post #7 there is a REALLY cool app called sprint mail in cab format. its a push mail app and can only be used with one email acct....but for most thats aplenty! ive had it installed for a few days now and can honestly say i have seen ZERO change in my battery life.

hope this helps....if so hit the thanks
I wish to use my MSN, and Google Apps email (which has labels for all other GMails forwarding to it)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software