PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the fast response...that time-frame does fit what I have seen. I will install the fix now, and let you know!!!!

Thanks again!!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eb3604 is just getting started
yeah i woke up this morning at 4 to the sound of my phone shutting off. I'm like what's going on. I turn it on to find my phone battery dead. Then I plug it in, and notice my arrows are constantly white. I suspected it was weatherpanel, as its the only application that needs the internet. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I guess I should consider myself lucky my WX has the data-connection glitch...if it doesn't connect the first time for an auto-update....it does NOT try again!!!!!

See....silver lining to a terrible glitch!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond (Unlocked GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

ooshnoo is a n00b
Re: WeatherPanel Freaks: WP-Auth - WeatherPanel Authorizatio

Re-Spect!

Thanks Storyr. I was wondering why my battery drained in about 3 hours...contant EV access...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:47 PM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx

2sa is a n00b
up and running again...thanks for all of your work storyr.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
FYI: For those still having trouble getting this to work

Based on comments from others, I've modified the installation instructsion in the first post to be more detailed.

Try it out...
Old 08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt

mfrazzz is a n00b
Timing is everything

Sheesh, I cook roms for the Wizard and just cooked a new beta version of my WM6 rom yesterday and flashed it. Then went and installed WeatherPanel, and it wouldn't connect. I've been pulling my hair out for almost 12 hours thinking I screwed up something with the rom I built. Then I ran the diagnostics in teh About screen and noticed it said Auth Failed. Figured I should check here before going further, and Presto... Found this topic...

I think I'm going to build a cab to install WeatherPanel, Moon Fix, Moon Icons, Chameleon-240, and this Auth fix. If anyone would be interested I'll look at posting it. It won't be an "official" install (ie: it would only do English setup)
Old 08-17-2007, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Re: Timing is everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrazzz
I think I'm going to build a cab to install WeatherPanel, Moon Fix, Moon Icons, Chameleon-240, and this Auth fix. If anyone would be interested I'll look at posting it. It won't be an "official" install (ie: it would only do English setup)
I was thinking about this as well, how cool it would be to create a CAB install of all these in one...WeatherPanel, Moon Fix, Moon icons, navigation, and this auth fix. If I had the skill I would do it, but mfrazzz said almost word-for-word what I was thinking!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrazzz
I was thinking about this as well, how cool it would be to create a CAB install of all these in one...WeatherPanel, Moon Fix, Moon icons, navigation, and this auth fix. If I had the skill I would do it, but mfrazzz said almost word-for-word what I was thinking!!!
Both good ideas. One consideration: The authorization fix alters the registry to point to a specific IP (mine). If the IP is ever changed, the ROM would (obviously) need to be updated.

I was thinking of creating the "all-in-one" cab install this weekend...
Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
One consideration: The authorization fix alters the registry to point to a specific IP (mine). If the IP is ever changed, the ROM would (obviously) need to be updated.

I was thinking of creating the "all-in-one" cab install this weekend...
I see what you mean about the auth IP address, and I have everything all set myself, but I think an all-inclusive CAB with all the fixes would be a HUGE help to newbies, and just make it easier on the 'hard-reset' situations. I wouldn't include a lot of skins/themes though, because they eat a lot of memory, and I feel they should be added/subtracted as needed.

All I do know, is I really wish I had the time to learn skills like you and others in these forums have for CABs, mortscript, and programming in general!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software