PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. But I must ask just once more, is it really going to make a difference if I have a stable up and running rom (which I do)?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Actually, i just dumped it. There are no dsm files in this xip.

Does it even matter at this point? Im not having problems with my port, I was just commenting on seeing the single build number noted in my screenshot.

I just assume let sleeping does lie if its not going to be an issue.
That XIP does not dump right. Something is most definitely wrong with it. (probably because of the missing dsm's, since there are MULTIPLE dsm's missing in it)

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. But I must ask just once more, is it really going to make a difference if I have a stable up and running rom (which I do)?
I don't know. If it were me I would make sure all was right, but then again I can get really anal with my ROMs. (after thinking about it, I see no reason it WON'T work if it's like the ROM itself. It works fine without dsm's, but I don't know for sure if it is the same with the XIP)

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-25-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i900 Omnia
Carrier: m:ts

dddrko is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit360 View Post
which SYS you use i also has same problem
I used Da_G common and 409 lang files (but recmoded browsinie and adobeflash), and dpi 96 files from previous Da_G build. Everything else works fantastic!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:51 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
That XIP does not dump right. Something is most definitely wrong with it. (probably because of the missing dsm's, since there are MULTIPLE dsm's missing in it)

I don't know. If it were me I would make sure all was right, but then again I can get really anal with my ROMs. (after thinking about it, I see no reason it WON'T work if it's like the ROM itself. It works fine without dsm's, but I don't know for sure if it is the same with the XIP)

Eh, I'm pretty anal about it too. I'll use one of yours as a donor. Thanks
Old 06-25-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Athena
Carrier: AT&T

lennie is just getting started

Quote:
It's part of his kitchen now and is not a separate utility.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469420
Thanks you.....it gave me a better xip that doesn't cause xipport to crash when i click on undo.....but I'm getting this weird "out of space" error is that normal? or it means the xip is still problematic and won't boot?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Actually, i just dumped it. There are no dsm files in this xip.

Does it even matter at this point? Im not having problems with my port, I was just commenting on seeing the single build number noted in my screenshot.

I just assume let sleeping does lie if its not going to be an issue.
Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding. The XIP which is in his ROM folder is the wrong one anyway. This was discussed a few pages back as well. The dsm I posted is from his MSXIPKernal folder.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
I remember asking this before in this thread a month or so ago, but no one ever replied. I was wondering if any GSM owners with the 6.5 native kernel were seeing these massive memory leaks. Anyone?
Okay, so I have tried 21820 with the 6.5 native kernel on my GSM Raphael (Fuze). Started the morning with about 30% usage but now it is at 37% @5pm. So we still have the usual memory leaks.

As Da_G indicated, in the future the improvements will likely be made in other areas such as the shell files and gwes.exe.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

So is it worth upgrading from 21815 to 21820 ? Is the grey screen fixed ? Any other improvements that people have noticed ?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Okay, so I have tried 21820 with the 6.5 native kernel on my GSM Raphael (Fuze). Started the morning with about 30% usage but now it is at 37% @5pm. So we still have the usual memory leaks.

As Da_G indicated, in the future the improvements will likely be made in other areas such as the shell files and gwes.exe.
Thanks for the feedback. So the WinMo development team is in serious need of a plumber. (on multiple fronts, might I add)

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-25-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
Thanks you.....it gave me a better xip that doesn't cause xipport to crash when i click on undo.....but I'm getting this weird "out of space" error is that normal? or it means the xip is still problematic and won't boot?
Hmmm....out of space? Did you check all the boxes of files to remove? Do you mind posting the device XIP you are using to port from? That way I can take a look for myself and see since my only thought is that the ulRAMEnd in ROMHDR.txt is not allotting enough space for the finished XIP to fit into. (I'm not real sure since I have never seen this error myself that I can recall). I wouldn't go editing that either as ulRAMStart is the only one that you can safely modify.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-25-2009 at 05:28 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software