PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Since 23016 I have noticed that the ConsistentClockOrBattery and LimitedClock registry settings both have to be set to 1 to show the battery indicator in the taskbar. This has already been mentioned here and on XDA.

However, after doing this I run into the problem of the highlight for the X button taking up 2 spaces when closing an app. This can be fixed if you change ConsistentClockOrBattery back to 0, but then you are back to having the clock show on the taskbar instead of the battery icon. Has anyone solved this?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ya know, all this crap for this XIP, but the coredll.dll and basenum.dll from this 23024 and the one from 23022 are identical, byte-for-byte. I think the miri XIP is just a hex of the 23022 anyhow.

Edit: yeah, the 723 DSM only differs in the version number area, everything else is identical there too. All this XIP crap for nothing, HAHAHAHA!

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-09-2009 at 10:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 Unlock/Unbrand
Carrier: TelCel

taninpv is a n00b

Help:
When attempting to cook SYS/XIP 23024. Toward the end , I got this message:
Creating initflashfiles.dat.......
"String reference not set to an instance of a String Parameter name: S "

Tell me what I did wrong here.
Thanks and in advance.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ok, in lieu of the 23024 XIP being nothing but a 23022 hex, I reposted some nice new HEXED 23024 XIPs for PPCKitchen over on the original post here -> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=6768

Check the post for more details
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:30 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Ok, in lieu of the 23024 XIP being nothing but a 23022 hex, I reposted some nice new HEXED 23024 XIPs for PPCKitchen over on the original post here -> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=6768

Check the post for more details

Works fine, Thank you.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Cell

ther-amm knows their stuffther-amm knows their stuffther-amm knows their stuffther-amm knows their stuffther-amm knows their stuffther-amm knows their stuffther-amm knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Thanks!
So I got it up and running.
I can use the tools to unpack the ROM, then repack it and it works!
But if I add anything it does not, this is where I'm struggling...
The .bin file never changes size...
What do I have to do to get it to work from there?

Is there a way to use PPC Kitchen to build it for me?

Thanks!
That exceeds the imgfs partition size, you can try to remove packages that are not needed. With the increased 23024 font files size and UNISCRIBE module, so that 23024 can work I try remove WindowsLive and WMWidgets packages.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:49 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
the only difference i can see initially compared to 23022 is that there are multiple modules in msxipkernel that have no s0003 file:

busenum, cachefilt, certmod, coredll, crypt32, devmgr, diskcache, etc.

i got a non-booter when i ported the original xip.bin posted earlier w/xipkitchen (which i usually don't have an issue w/)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Well, you can't just use those files straight from miri as the modules do NOT have the imageinfo.txt included with them, XIPPort will puke without them.

I use Visual Kitchen myself and of course they work fine there, the problem with Visual kitchen is that it will not include any DSM's with the XIP.
I dunno why you guys have incomplete modules in your msxipkernel, but mine was fine. I uploaded it here, if anyone needs it:
http://www.everythingdiamond.info/sh...3&postcount=94
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What build of 6.5 is this? anyone got any idea? has it leaked? http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2009/...ree-usability/
Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
What build of 6.5 is this? anyone got any idea? has it leaked? http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2009/...ree-usability/
its 23022
Old 08-10-2009, 06:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: my friend

khoa_nhi is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to khoa_nhi Send a message via Skype™ to khoa_nhi

i needing MSXIPKernel 23024. Who have it please give for me!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software