PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedfikry View Post
hello jooojooo

i have a problem with wm 6.5 ...when i pair my bluetooth jawbone 2 headset, it pairs OK but no sound comes from it...the buttons work to start a call or end it but still can not hear anything...it used to work with older 6.1 roms but did not work with 6.5... i have another motorola headset that works great with both

my question is, is it possible to analyse the older temp.bin (or temp.dat) file to extract the older bluetooth folders & files ...then i can replace the wm6.5 ones to make new roms work with my jawbone headset?

i have a eten m700 phone & now running 6.5 23009

thanks in advance
From the sounds of things, the temp.dat is the ROM for your phone. Are you asking how to look at the older ROM to see why it worked then?
Old 07-25-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: eten m700
Carrier: at&t

ahmedfikry is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
From the sounds of things, the temp.dat is the ROM for your phone. Are you asking how to look at the older ROM to see why it worked then?
yes joojoo.. i have a rom cooked by another person, i have the temp.dat (or it can be renamed to temp.bin) which i can flash & get my BT headset to work
it was cooked by another person so i do not have the folders he used...i want to see why it worked then & if i can get those folders so that i can use to cook new wm6.5 with

can you reverse the process? use temp.dat or temp.bin to get those cooking folders? or maybe i can flash his BT working rom & get some files from the phone to cook with?

any ideas?
Thanks
Old 07-25-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedfikry View Post
yes joojoo.. i have a rom cooked by another person, i have the temp.dat (or it can be renamed to temp.bin) which i can flash & get my BT headset to work
it was cooked by another person so i do not have the folders he used...i want to see why it worked then & if i can get those folders so that i can use to cook new wm6.5 with

can you reverse the process? use temp.dat or temp.bin to get those cooking folders? or maybe i can flash his BT working rom & get some files from the phone to cook with?

any ideas?
Thanks
Well, the only things I can think that we could pull out of there would be device drivers and the bluetooth stack from that winmo version(might not work though). That's all assuming you can dump the ROM from that file. Do you have a link to it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

I also need cplmain.cpl and bluetooth folders from 21928, can anybody please post these for me?
Old 07-25-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: eten m700
Carrier: at&t

ahmedfikry is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Well, the only things I can think that we could pull out of there would be device drivers and the bluetooth stack from that winmo version(might not work though). That's all assuming you can dump the ROM from that file. Do you have a link to it?
here is the etem m700 wm6.1 rom download link which has a working BT stuff

http://rapidshare.com/files/207073049/tb_61_1.2.7z

please take a look & tell me what can be done
thanks in advance cheif
Old 07-25-2009, 05:22 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
I also need cplmain.cpl and bluetooth folders from 21928, can anybody please post these for me?
Here ya go. Woulda put it up sooner, but I was out and about
Attached Files
File Type: rar 21928_crap.rar (338.4 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-25-2009, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

I heard 21931 is close and 23011 is after that

It's just a rumor though from the soothsayer
Old 07-25-2009, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Sorry, I know it's little off topic but, does anyone know what version was the RTM and was it the most stable of 6.5 ? (and a link to their PPCkitchen files would be great)

I like playing but, I need a Dependable backup rom ready if I need to go away for a week or 2 (last time a memory bug caused me to reboot the phone 10+ times a day and no way to fix/reflash). I just need a dependable version for trips, otherwise I would be running the newest build.

I'm looking for PPCkitchen files to build my own for my Titan

Thanks !
Old 07-25-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

@joojoobee: Thanks for the goodies buddy

21234 was the RTM for 6.5 based on the fact that the emulators released by MS carried this version. It was quiet stable, and i kept it for as long as two weeks. The memory leaks were there but very much minimized. Had to reboot every 3 days or so.

What is currently going on is further to that build, and actually, its part of the 6.5.1 package, as far as i know. So ya, if you need a dependable ROM, 21234 is the official one. Although for me, 21728 also worked quiet well, had to reboot after 3-4 days with it. I hope it helps

Last edited by krazy_about_technology; 07-25-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Personally I've been sticking with 21921. Memory usage seems very nice, and I like the little things that are there - being able to flick down the whole start menu in 1 flick and the settings menu's don't disappear when you open something on them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software