PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

snakehn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by humrod View Post
Is PPCKitchen windows 7 compatible? someone using it?
Yes i just upgraded to WIn7 and PPCkitchen is working well
Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
victor xip isn't booting here either, maybe it's an issue w/the donor xip?
Wow, WTF? I don't see why. I went ahead and attached the 23022 XIPs to the 23024 PPCK post for now. I'll continue to look them over to see if I can spot anything.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

the only difference i can see initially compared to 23022 is that there are multiple modules in msxipkernel that have no s0003 file:

busenum, cachefilt, certmod, coredll, crypt32, devmgr, diskcache, etc.

i got a non-booter when i ported the original xip.bin posted earlier w/xipkitchen (which i usually don't have an issue w/)

Old 08-09-2009, 09:11 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Mine worked fine using the msxipkernel posted at xda.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

any chance you could extract an xip.bin for us oldschool heads..?
Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
the only difference i can see initially compared to 23022 is that there are multiple modules in msxipkernel that have no s0003 file:

busenum, cachefilt, certmod, coredll, crypt32, devmgr, diskcache, etc.

i got a non-booter when i ported the original xip.bin posted earlier w/xipkitchen (which i usually don't have an issue w/)
I noticed that as well, but again, my Herman XIP worked fine. But, I noticed that the problem is from the regenum.dll. It causes overlaps in the physical section near the bottom, which I have yet been able to figure out how to properly resolve apparently. I've gotten rid of the overlaps, but obviously not very well :P Overlaps in that area are not covered in ANY guide I have used.

@indagroove, are you referring to the files in the link from miri? If so, how did you go about porting? (I ran 23024 through a build and used the XIP.bin that came out after to dump, then I used those files to do a manual port, which I've done numerous times before without incident when there wasn't a good donor XIP)

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-09-2009 at 09:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:37 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
any chance you could extract an xip.bin for us oldschool heads..?
There wouldn't be anything to extract, since msxipkernel is just the build specific part of the xip. Just take your devices working xip.bin, and dump with XIPPort then goto the out folder, and replace use the files and modules from the msxipkernal that miri posted into the files and modules folders. Then rebuild xip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post

@indagroove, are you referring to the files in the link from miri? If so, how did you go about porting? (I ran 23024 through a build and used the XIP.bin that came out after to dump, then I used those files to do a manual port, which I've done numerous times before without incident when there wasn't a good donor XIP)
I use the Visual Kitchen, so there was nothing to port. I just need the msxipkernel, which Miri posted.

That said, I'm going back to an older build.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

MSXIPKernel from xda boots just fine for me too. And I do use VisualKitchen.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
There wouldn't be anything to extract, since msxipkernel is just the build specific part of the xip. Just take your devices working xip.bin, and dump with XIPPort then goto the out folder, and replace use the files and modules from the msxipkernal that miri posted into the files and modules folders. Then rebuild xip.

I use the Visual Kitchen, so there was nothing to port. I just need the msxipkernel, which Miri posted.

That said, I'm going back to an older build.
Well, you can't just use those files straight from miri as the modules do NOT have the imageinfo.txt included with them, XIPPort will puke without them.

I use Visual Kitchen myself and of course they work fine there, the problem with Visual kitchen is that it will not include any DSM's with the XIP.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
thanks man, i'll give it a go here in a sec...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software