PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

No, I used Da G's files from his kitchen.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
No, I missed it but found it now. Well, I guess my only thoughts were to make the XIP prior to building, verify there were no overlaps. Verify that the .VM is defining the VM allocation space correctly and fix the kitchen so it simply inserts the XIP and does nothing more XIP wise. I can't imagine it is a SYS problem, since other users are working fine, so maybe eliminating a bad XIP as the cause is the next step.
just out of curiosity, are you familiar with the ervius Visual Kitchen?. Like I have said before I am still more or less a noob at cooking ROM's, but not a total noob. So I am not completely understanding what you mean by making the XIP prior to building. To port the XIP, I used XIPPort to dump xip.bin, then made the packages. and put all of the files and modules of MSXIPKernel & MSXIPKerneLTK in \ROM\SHARED\21820\MSXIPKernel, and the kitchen is supposed to do the porting.

so i am not understanding what I need to do to make an XIP. Also what do I use to verify that there are no overlaps and that .VM is defining the allocation space correctly.

any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Whoa, is Xda-Devs under a DoS attack? Why is it so slow.

Thanks for the DPI files, Da_G!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
just out of curiosity, are you familiar with the ervius Visual Kitchen?. Like I have said before I am still more or less a noob at cooking ROM's, but not a total noob. So I am not completely understanding what you mean by making the XIP prior to building. To port the XIP, I used XIPPort to dump xip.bin, then made the packages. and put all of the files and modules of MSXIPKernel & MSXIPKerneLTK in \ROM\SHARED\21820\MSXIPKernel, and the kitchen is supposed to do the porting.

so i am not understanding what I need to do to make an XIP. Also what do I use to verify that there are no overlaps and that .VM is defining the allocation space correctly.

any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, I am familiar with ervius kitchen. That's why I was saying take the XIP building portion out of the equation by building it yourself. But I guess you can dump the XIP the kitchen made AFTER cooking, get your maps.txt from XIPPort and verify there are no !!!!!!!!!!! anywhere in it as well.

As far as the .VM goes, inside of there is a file called imageinfo.bin. Open that with a Hex Editing program. Bytes 0 - 7 define your slot 0 and slot 1 starting points for reallocation. For example, my imageinfo.bin starts with 00 00 F8 01 00 00 D7 03. This is encoded in little endian (i think). So my Slot 0 allocation should start at 01F80000 and end at 0x0000000 and slot 1 should start at 03D70000 and end at 0x02000000. If any part of your XIP is overlapping into those ranges (again, they will be different for you) then WMreloc will allocate windows module's into that range as well, causing an overlap.

If you open the map.txt generated by XIPPort, you should see portions of both Slot 0 (0x00000000 to 0x01FFFFFF) and Slot 1 (0x02000000 to 0x03FFFFFF) being used by the XIP. These are the first 2 sections of the XIP. Just verify that they are stopping short of these starting points for WMReloc as defined by the imageinfo.bin in the .VM folder.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-30-2009 at 04:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch xl & Diamond
Carrier: Movistar

humrod is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy395 View Post
Hi mate go here http://www.darkforcesteam.com/showthread.php?t=569
and read carefully about set SYS_PATTERNS=SYS\* if you'v sub devided your SYS then you need to edit set SYS_PATTERNS=SYS\* to some thing like? \*\* check your dump after build and make sure all your DPI and LANG files are there "put a pause in your *.bat file before dumpToImgfs"
hope this helps
regards
swampy395
Thanks for your answer, but i managed well this kitchen. In fact my problem is that i made some roms with it and works well. Since 21815 doesn't work. Im not the only one, maybe for the mui's?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: GSM Diamond BlueAngel Himalaya Charmer
Carrier: orange uk

swampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularswampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularswampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Whoa, is Xda-Devs under a DoS attack? Why is it so slow.

Thanks for the DPI files, Da_G!
Thanks for that mate I thought it was just me haveing prob's with xda and rapidshare is slow too
regards
swampy395
Old 06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
You do not have to recmod them to get them to work. They will work either way. The only reason to recmod them is because building 6.5 ROM's for devices with older 6.x Kernel's can cause overlaps in Virtual Memory allocation with to many modules. Recmodding these modules frees up more Virtual Memory space, nothing more.
Not true. If you don't recmod many dlls in use with older kernals (especially in browsing and adobe) other stuff won't work due to duplicate addresses.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Xda-Devs is always slow.. but this time, its lagging slow!..
Old 06-30-2009, 04:36 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Not true. If you don't recmod many dlls in use with older kernals (especially in browsing and adobe) other stuff won't work due to duplicate addresses.

Would it cause issue with messages not opening up in tmail?

The only changes I made were dpi and lang files, but I put the old working base_ ones back and didnt get anywhere.

I have the adobe folders, browsingie folder, and browsing folders recmodded. I tried the browsing folder both ways.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
That is what I was saying but I can see how that wasn't clear enough. Thanks for clarifying.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software