PPCGeeks Regular

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
No, I missed it but found it now. Well, I guess my only thoughts were to make the XIP prior to building, verify there were no overlaps. Verify that the .VM is defining the VM allocation space correctly and fix the kitchen so it simply inserts the XIP and does nothing more XIP wise. I can't imagine it is a SYS problem, since other users are working fine, so maybe eliminating a bad XIP as the cause is the next step.
just out of curiosity, are you familiar with the ervius Visual Kitchen?. Like I have said before I am still more or less a noob at cooking ROM's, but not a total noob. So I am not completely understanding what you mean by making the XIP prior to building. To port the XIP, I used XIPPort to dump xip.bin, then made the packages. and put all of the files and modules of MSXIPKernel & MSXIPKerneLTK in \ROM\SHARED\21820\MSXIPKernel, and the kitchen is supposed to do the porting.

so i am not understanding what I need to do to make an XIP. Also what do I use to verify that there are no overlaps and that .VM is defining the allocation space correctly.

any tips would be greatly appreciated.