PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
humrod, doesn't this lead to the notorious "butter finger" effect on the Elfin?
ok dumb question what is "butter finger"?

too light for the touch? pressing 2-3 things ?? what is it?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsandkm View Post
ok dumb question what is "butter finger"?

too light for the touch? pressing 2-3 things ?? what is it?
This is an issue that happens on Elf/Elfins that use the touch.dll driver from the latest Elfin WM6.1 shipped ROMs. The screen becomes much more sensitive to touch, causing it to sometimes scroll erratically when you try to select an item.

For more info just search for "butter finger" in the Elf Upgrading subforum at XDA. I coined the silly term last year and somehow it stuck and is used by everyone to describe this behaviour. LOL

Last edited by dsi76; 06-02-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i780
Carrier: TMobile

inertiax3 is just getting started

@ALL ... PLEASE, how do you create a NEW XIP.bin if all you have are the following folders:

MSXIPKernel
MSXIPKernelLTK
OEMXIPKERNEL (these are my device-specific)

... plus a stock XIP.bin for my device?

I cannot use XIP Kitchen or XIPPorterEx since both require the stock XIP.bin (which I have) + donor XIP.bin (which I don't have, I only have the above mentioned directories with files and modules inside them)
Old 06-02-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch xl & Diamond
Carrier: Movistar

humrod is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
humrod, doesn't this lead to the notorious "butter finger" effect on the Elfin?
Hi dsi76, it's too diferent. Butterfinger is like swaping on ice, freak movement. This one is more than low sensitivity. It's just the new reg explains: time to touch
Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertiax3 View Post
@ALL ... PLEASE, how do you create a NEW XIP.bin if all you have are the following folders:

MSXIPKernel
MSXIPKernelLTK
OEMXIPKERNEL (these are my device-specific)

... plus a stock XIP.bin for my device?

I cannot use XIP Kitchen or XIPPorterEx since both require the stock XIP.bin (which I have) + donor XIP.bin (which I don't have, I only have the above mentioned directories with files and modules inside them)
You can use xipport.exe to do it as long as all the module folders have the imageinfo.txt and .bin. You will need to manually relocate modules which is really fun...oh, and you'll probably need the ROMHDR.txt and PATHHDR.txt from your device XIP as well.

But, seeing as you have your device XIP, you can grab ANY 21728 XIP posted here and use that as the donor in XIP in XipKitchen.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-02-2009 at 09:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
You can use xipport.exe to do it as long as all the module folders have the imageinfo.txt and .bin. You will need to manually relocate modules which is really fun...oh, and you'll probably need the ROMHDR.txt and PATHHDR.txt from your device XIP as well.

But, seeing as you have your device XIP, you can grab ANY 21728 XIP posted here and use that as the donor in XIP in XipKitchen.
Thanx joojoobee666.. the module dirs do contain imageinfo.txt and imageinfo.bin, however XipPort complains it can't find files such as:

busenum.dll.txt
cecompr.dll.txt
ceddk.dll.txt

and these are normaly placed outside the respective module folders when I dump a XIP.bin, however my source doesen't include them.

I wouldn't really care about the MSXIPKernel stuff (I can dump any 21728 XIP.bin that has been posted) but I would love to add the new OEMXIPKERNEL, which I only have as files and not in a XIP.bin.. any idea how I can create the above-mentioned TXT files please? What are HTC people using here to build XIP's when you only have the MSXIPKernel and (optionaly) OEMXIPKERNEL folders?

Thanx in advance for ALL help with this ...
Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanx joojoobee666.. the module dirs do contain imageinfo.txt and imageinfo.bin, however XipPort complains it can't find files such as:

busenum.dll.txt
cecompr.dll.txt
ceddk.dll.txt

and these are normaly placed outside the respective module folders when I dump a XIP.bin, however my source doesen't include them.

I wouldn't really care about the MSXIPKernel stuff (I can dump any 21728 XIP.bin that has been posted) but I would love to add the new OEMXIPKERNEL, which I only have as files and not in a XIP.bin.. any idea how I can create the above-mentioned TXT files please? What are HTC people using here to build XIP's when you only have the MSXIPKernel and (optionaly) OEMXIPKERNEL folders?

Thanx in advance for ALL help with this ...
What device do you have? Do you have an os.nb.payload for it or any old XIP?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
What device do you have? Do you have an os.nb.payload for it or any old XIP?
..It's a Samsung i780 device.. and yes, I have my stock XIP.bin from the official ROM from Samsung and also ported versions for WM65 builds which do work.. I guess I could also create the payload file, I am doing most stuff using command line tools and my own batch files
Old 06-02-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
..It's a Samsung i780 device.. and yes, I have my stock XIP.bin from the official ROM from Samsung and also ported versions for WM65 builds which do work.. I guess I could also create the payload file, I am doing most stuff using command line tools and my own batch files
If you have your stock XIP.bin, use that as the device XIP in xipkitchen, or at least dump it with xipport to get you OEMXIPKernel with all the necessary files. Do the OEMXIPKernel files that you are trying to use have something different than the stock ones?

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-02-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Vodafone

Röchelhilpert is a n00b

with new sys youtube isn´t working. Also my standart keyboard dosn´t load.
No chance to change the input

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software