PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
add to option.xml <PatchOEM>guidtobepatched</PatchOEM>

i.e.
<PatchOEM>d0b41563-b345-4444-aa15-986e7c7fff99</PatchOEM>

this will overwrite files/ modules, anything with same filename
Sweet. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

yeah, makes alot more types of oem's possible, including taskbar icon oem's with modules, and saves tons of time upgrading to the next build
Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
add to option.xml <PatchOEM>guidtobepatched</PatchOEM>

i.e.
<PatchOEM>d0b41563-b345-4444-aa15-986e7c7fff99</PatchOEM>

this will overwrite files/ modules, anything with same filename
OMG ! thank you
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Ok, I got it working. It was the reg keys. The cab installer does NOT change these keys. I manually put in the necessary info given by you and rebooted, then *POOF*, I got the hookup on the icons.

Thanks
If you put those entries into rgu they may not show up after flashing.keep an eye on it after every flashing,or you can modify carriers mxipupdate_oemoperators_101.provxml i think,I dont remember for sure.did this too long ago.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

here is a complete list ofall the tags you can use in oem's for inclusion, auto inclusion of other oems, patching, whatever you need to do

http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=512
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
If you put those entries into rgu they may not show up after flashing.keep an eye on it after every flashing,or you can modify carriers mxipupdate_oemoperators_101.provxml i think,I dont remember for sure.did this too long ago.
That was my plan. I was going to add them in to the provxml that OEMizer makes.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anryl
cause on bepe tools kitchen the roms are much faster
Nonsense. ROMs built from the same base are the same, regardless of what you use to cook them (errors in assembly aside).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSh View Post
Guys you should know - even if you cook same rom twice in 10 minutes with one PC, one kitchen, same settings - you will hardly obtain the same rom. I don't know why it happens - but I know for sure - roms can be different in performance, amount of bugs, battery consumption and so on. During last three days I was playing with Titanium cpr-s and recooked the same 21501 maybe 10 times in one configuration. The results were different all the time - believe me. So it's nothing to do with that, rainabba
Totally wrong. The ROMs are identical, if you didn't change anything. Any differences you observe in behaviour are symptoms of how your phone started up, which you can more or less control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
I ask because I've got a Vogue running my custom rom based on 21210 and a Touch Pro running my custom rom based on 21501 (can't get it to build 21210 with the same selections), and my vogue is visibly faster, smoother, and less buggy. When I say visibly, I mean side-by-side and I know this just should be the case. My TP is a Sprint branded one (288MB RAM, 512MB ROM).
That doesn't make much sense, rainabba. First, why can't you build with the same selections? Second, if you can't build with the same selections, then is that maybe why you observe a difference in performance? Furthermore, you're comparing a vogue to your verizon-ified touchpro - there could be bunches of reasons why you observe performance differences, that have little to do with the rom. As a simple example, the tpro is VGA and the vogue is QVGA. Your tpro is shoving around 4x as much graphics data.

Last edited by gguruusa; 04-19-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Jdume,

Your dialer is working very nicely, check it out:

And when screen is locked:

Last edited by dsi76; 04-20-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: P525
Carrier: *****

AndrewSh is keeping up the good workAndrewSh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
....Nonsense.....
....Totally wrong.....
.....That doesn't make much sense...
Sorry that we had necessitated you to waste your time and to disavow the messages of totally dumb outsiders
But usually I think before I write about rom cooking. And usually it's not only my private experience.....

Last edited by AndrewSh; 04-20-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrikanth View Post
Yes, me too facing same problem. ICR and HTC Volume Control works fine with phone canvas only. If I use other dialers, In ICR I cannot see "start record...." in menu while calling/talking and cannot see incall volume slider in HTC Volume Control while calling/talking.

An solution? phone canvas is make my roms very slow.

If you want In-call Recording, just enable this in the registry.... It doesn't require the ICR OEM; however, you can only save to My Documents\Notes with this fix:

Code:
; Default in-call recording for AKU 1.4 and higher
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\AudioRecording]
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Voice]
"EnableCallRecordMenuItem"=dword:00000001
"AllowInCallRecording"=dword:00000001
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software