View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by anryl
cause on bepe tools kitchen the roms are much faster
Nonsense. ROMs built from the same base are the same, regardless of what you use to cook them (errors in assembly aside).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSh View Post
Guys you should know - even if you cook same rom twice in 10 minutes with one PC, one kitchen, same settings - you will hardly obtain the same rom. I don't know why it happens - but I know for sure - roms can be different in performance, amount of bugs, battery consumption and so on. During last three days I was playing with Titanium cpr-s and recooked the same 21501 maybe 10 times in one configuration. The results were different all the time - believe me. So it's nothing to do with that, rainabba
Totally wrong. The ROMs are identical, if you didn't change anything. Any differences you observe in behaviour are symptoms of how your phone started up, which you can more or less control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
I ask because I've got a Vogue running my custom rom based on 21210 and a Touch Pro running my custom rom based on 21501 (can't get it to build 21210 with the same selections), and my vogue is visibly faster, smoother, and less buggy. When I say visibly, I mean side-by-side and I know this just should be the case. My TP is a Sprint branded one (288MB RAM, 512MB ROM).
That doesn't make much sense, rainabba. First, why can't you build with the same selections? Second, if you can't build with the same selections, then is that maybe why you observe a difference in performance? Furthermore, you're comparing a vogue to your verizon-ified touchpro - there could be bunches of reasons why you observe performance differences, that have little to do with the rom. As a simple example, the tpro is VGA and the vogue is QVGA. Your tpro is shoving around 4x as much graphics data.

Last edited by gguruusa; 04-19-2009 at 10:44 PM.