PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by thvoicwethin View Post
I feel embarr***** to say this, I know most of you know how to do this....where do you put the XIP file and the os.nb.payload? Don't flame me too hard, I'm a n00bert at working with XIPs and Payloads
What kitchen are you using?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

PPCKitchen...i have the RAR file in the Kitchens folder. I can get it to make an nbh, but the nueKernel won't show up and I can't get it to boot p***** the 2nd screen still

I feel so noobish right now. please help.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
I feel embarr***** (wtf? they block out a.s.s.e.d when its part of a word?!?!.... MODS!) to say this, I know most of you know how to do this....where do you put the XIP file and the os.nb.payload? Don't flame me too hard, I'm a n00bert at working with XIPs and Payloads
You put them in the ROM folder. The ROM folder contains the boot.rgu file and os.nb.payload. And you dont need to be embarr******, we are all learning here at one degree or the other.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
PPCKitchen...i have the RAR file in the Kitchens folder. I can get it to make an nbh, but the nueKernel won't show up and I can't get it to boot p***** the 2nd screen still

Ok, you need to do a few things. First, you need to have the XIP added to the Titan Core.rar I am using the Titan core from Drellisdee's kitchen. Add the Xip to the ROM folder. Next, you need to edit the the DeviceBase txt file for your device in Projects\DeviceBases (i recommend creating a new one). Here are my config's, but realize that all the paths need to line up and point the right places. Also, you do NOT need the payload if you have the XIP.

Of course ou don't have to use the Titan_Core_WM65.rar, and just use a folder instead.

Groups.zip
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Ok, you need to do a few things. First, you need to have the XIP added to the Titan Core.rar I am using the Titan core from Drellisdee's kitchen. Add the Xip to the ROM folder. Next, you need to edit the the DeviceBase txt file for your device in Projects\DeviceBases (i recommend creating a new one). Here are my config's, but realize that all the paths need to line up and point the right places. Also, you do NOT need the payload if you have the XIP.

Of course ou don't have to use the Titan_Core_WM65.rar, and just use a folder instead.

Attachment 29018
Thank You. Couldn't find the right place to put it. Looked in the SYS folder and nothing...hmm.. now i know. Thanks joojoobee
Old 04-09-2009, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
You put them in the ROM folder. The ROM folder contains the boot.rgu file and os.nb.payload. And you dont need to be embarr******, we are all learning here at one degree or the other.
Quote:

Okay this wont work with PPCK. I have never used it, need to try it some day.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
ah, sorry about that, had some in my tweaks oem from way back, did not even think of that

http://dan-vogue-titan.ppckitchen.org/BronzeNonEA.rar

Dan, regarding the timebomb fix, the differences I see are the following in shell32.exe\S000:

1) E5C94502EB7D becomes E5C94502EBBB
2) 8DE2684502EB7D becomes 8DE2684502EBBB

I wonder if this applies to all 6.5 ROMs.

For 6.1 the timebomb fix is something else.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Thank You. Couldn't find the right place to put it. Looked in the SYS folder and nothing...hmm.. now i know. Thanks joojoobee
Here's the Titan_Core_WM65.rar, based from Drellisdee's that I use successfully. This has the 21500 Titan Xip.

Titan_Core_WM65.rar

And to dan-htc-touch, I was actually able to cook a ROM from the SYS files I cobbled together with the config correction I made earlier. So far, it looks good. So, only 7 flashes today instead of 20.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 04-09-2009 at 08:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm writing it with the OEM right now, added the xip in. We'll see what goes from there. If not, I'll try it with the WM65 core. Thanks again. I'm a happy camper now and once sucessful, I'll upload a clean ROM for all to enjoy.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
I'm writing it with the OEM right now, added the xip in. We'll see what goes from there. If not, I'll try it with the WM65 core. Thanks again. I'm a happy camper now and once sucessful, I'll upload a clean ROM for all to enjoy.
How are you planning on doing the module relocate?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software