PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Well, they did have an early build of 6.5 (21119) late in 2008, although it actually looked exactly like 6.1. So this one might be the real thing for 7.0, albeit a very, very early version.
no for 7 they are redoing everything so it wont resemble 6/6.1/6.5 i think

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 03-30-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Not to mention that it has been said that WinMo 7 will not be labeled as "7.0" ...but that's just what I read on the Microsoft Mobile Developer's site.

Also, WM7 is slotted for Beta testing AFTER the official release of WM6.5. There are a couple of emulators out there though, but it's hard telling how close they actually are to the End User WM7.....M$ never can make up there mind, even after the official release of an OS (mobile or PC based). I may get bored and ROM up and emulated WM7 just for kicks, but I will not tell anyone it is official if I do, it will be noted that it is "Emulated" LOL

Old 03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the geek View Post
!!!??? Why stop there ???!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
!!!??? Why stop there ???!!!

o u must know some important people can u hook it up wit wm 8.5??? plz i know u can do it
Old 03-30-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
The problem is from your shell.32.exe. Use a different shell32.exe to port and you would have solved the problem.
Thanks! I actually had Beta 1.2 in 87% Compressed and was about to upload it when I read your post. I am rebuilding now, will test then post after the test. Thanks a million! I am sure there are a number of other members who will be grateful for this info too....if nothing more than because they have another feature that works right in their latest flash.

FYI, <Shell32.dll> is located in <\SYS\Shell> or <SYS_21198_Common\Shell> depending on if you are using PPCKitchen or not. And <Shell32.dll> from 21193 is the one I used since the feature worked in that build.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 Unlock/Unbrand
Carrier: TelCel

taninpv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
wake up people, wm7 will be based on ce6
Precisely. WM6, WM6.1 and WM6.5 are using win3.1 kernel. WM7 is suppose to be CE5 or CE6 .

haha..just notice my status(hence I have not been posting) is lurker.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
Thanks! I actually had Beta 1.2 in 87% Compressed and was about to upload it when I read your post. I am rebuilding now, will test then post after the test. Thanks a million! I am sure there are a number of other members who will be grateful for this info too....if nothing more than because they have another feature that works right in their latest flash.

FYI, <Shell32.dll> is located in <\SYS\Shell> or <SYS_21198_Common\Shell> depending on if you are using PPCKitchen or not. And <Shell32.dll> from 21193 is the one I used since the feature worked in that build.
Okay, this Battery Settings bit is getting old fast. The <Shell32.dll> didn't fix the problem either. Where do you find the actual shortcut locations of the items in the upper bar? I am curious if it is as simple as editing an RGU file to enter in the missing link. After comparing the RGU to a previous build that works of course!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Guys, I just posted a registry solution to the Battery settings issue in the previous page. Try that first before re-cooking everything!

As for the 7.0 speculation, guys, lighten up It may just be a dummy placeholder build before they start actual work on 7 (notice that 6.5 builds started in the 21100s, maybe 7 starts in 21300s like the two strange builds earlier).

Anyways, what do I know. Just sayin'
Old 03-30-2009, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
Guys, I just posted a registry solution to the Battery settings issue in the previous page. Try that first before re-cooking everything!

As for the 7.0 speculation, guys, lighten up It may just be a dummy placeholder build before they start actual work on 7 (notice that 6.5 builds started in the 21100s, maybe 7 starts in 21300s like the two strange builds earlier).

nah, wm7 builds will be 6.x.xxxxx builds, where as everything previous is based on ce5 thus the 5.x.xxxx
Old 03-30-2009, 09:37 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

I tried the reg settings - didn't work. Those just set whether the battery or clock show.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software