PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
What kitchen will I need?
I use ppckitchen, but inserting the xip.bin into a payload, and using any other kitchen should work as well anything that does not disect the xip should be fine
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
I use ppckitchen, but inserting the xip.bin into a payload, and using any other kitchen should work as well anything that does not disect the xip should be fine
Ok, I will give this another go with PPC-BuildOS.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Anyone have a 21202 QVGA SYS with working SMS?

If not, a VGA SYS will suffice.. and I'll just change the DPI files to DPI 96 (unless that is the root of the SMS problem)....
Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

i used the sys I posted for vga and qvga, and sent sms from my kaiser to my touch pro and back again with no issues
Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: o2 CZ

anryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to anryl Send a message via MSN to anryl

THE SMS bug is located somewhere in con's posted 409 qvga(96) if i use my 409 qvga from 21198 (409VGA+96 0804) the bug is not there
Old 04-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Thanks guys, I did try the 21198 96 DPI, but didn't make the SMS work for 21202, and then tried the 0409.. which didn't work. I guess now I'll try both together
Old 04-06-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Athena
Carrier: AT&T

lennie is just getting started

hey dan-htc-touch
when trying to port the xip and i'm at the stage to find the !!!!!!!!! in the map.txt xipport crashes. so i cant see which files needs to reloc. so i'm stuck...is it posible to use ppckitchen yet with my device?

thank for all the help....

Last edited by lennie; 04-06-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertiax3 View Post
I was wondering.. any reason you don't use wmreloc? It relocates fine for me every time, so why keep using G'reloc?
PPCKitchen has G'Reloc embeded, and I am tweaking BuildOS enough as it is...G'Reloc works as long as you take a little time with it. Unless there is a very simple way to force WMReloc down the throat of PPCKitchen BuildOS, I will be continuing thisway for now......That's my only reason, plus I have never used WMReloc. Sometimes older is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post

If not, a VGA SYS will suffice.. and I'll just change the DPI files to DPI 96 (unless that is the root of the SMS problem)....
The SMS in the QVGA's I have done has worked, but MMS has not been there. Been using the Arcsoft CAB in post #2 of my Titan thread....we now have an Arcsoft CAB for Sprint posted as well as the Verizon Arcsoft.....has worked everytime for me.

Anyone seen any major bugs on 21202? Other than a few minor tweaks to the Titanium_*.cpr file for the Font Size, the same Power Settings issue as 21198, and the same issue with the Wireless Manager Icon in Settings/System giving the certificate error.....I haven't found much of anything to pull my hair out about.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
hey dan-htc-touch
when trying to port the xip and i'm at the stage to find the !!!!!!!!! in the map.txt xipport crashes. so i cant see which files needs to reloc. so i'm stuck...is it posible to use ppckitchen yet with my device?

thank for all the help....

Which device?

DeCiBel and I got 21202 booting on his Touch Pro Last night. He said there is some clean up to do, but he's been running it today for the initial test. It was build in PPCKitchen BuildOS using my <SYS_21202_Common> and dan_htc_touch's <SYS_21202_192DPI_0409> (well, the lang and DPI files from his SYS), and also using dan's XIP for the Herman. dan also helped alot in answering questions to get the ball rolling!

This Build has been a team effort all the way around, VGA and the QVGA! Good thing since my PC was down most of the weekend with a fried port on my RAID card, lost 2 HHD's (empty one's, thankfully), but the safey's kicked in on the mother board and had us thrown for a loop for a while!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post

I used dan-htc-touch's qvga SYS and sms,mms works great for me on the vogue.

Last edited by jtuite; 04-06-2009 at 04:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software