PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 05:48 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
heh, had all xips posted back a few pages, but they got the dcma takedown notice, sorry guys
If some one can get all the xips again I could try to host the download through my website. Not sure if that will work but I'm willing to try.
My email jtccustomrc@yahoo.com send them there.
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
Old 03-12-2009, 07:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i780
Carrier: TMobile

inertiax3 is just getting started

Hi guys.. I was just wondering, the 21176 VGA SYS won't work on QVGA (320x320) devices, or will it? Should I bother even trying to find it (now that all links are deleted..) and cook it? I guess I would also need a QVGA 21176 XIP to make the whole thing work....
Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

I have the compressed 21176 XIP Folder that has not been ported yet. But the link I downloaded it from was in this thread and a few pages back. It was a direct upload, not hosted on an outside site. If that will help, I am willing to post it so whom ever ported all the XIPs the last time can try again.

BTW, which file is the end result of the XIP? Is it "boot.rgu" under the /ROM/XIP/ folder in the kitchen? And which tool in the kitchen does this? I guess the more important question since I have found a LARGE number of "How-To's" for making the XIP, which method needs to be used in the case of 21176? A link to a "How-To" would be great so I am not out trying 500 different methods and spinning my wheels. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

seatone is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post

BTW, which file is the end result of the XIP? Is it "boot.rgu" under the /ROM/XIP/ folder in the kitchen? And which tool in the kitchen does this? I guess the more important question since I have found a LARGE number of "How-To's" for making the XIP, which method needs to be used in the case of 21176? A link to a "How-To" would be great so I am not out trying 500 different methods and spinning my wheels. Thanks.
From a xip.bin or an os.nb.payload u'll find the followings:
LangDB, MSXIPKernel, MSXIPKernelLTK, OEMXIPKernel, WinCENLS_WWE
boot.rgu is in the OEMXIPKernel.
Depending on the kitchen u're using you could have in the xip folder or the aboves or just the boot.rgu

Last edited by seatone; 03-12-2009 at 11:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2 View Post
omg, nowhere to download 21176, what is happening now, let's use russian or chinese hosting, m$ will newer remove from it

some posts earlier I asked about problems of building 6.5 rom for htc universal and the temporary solution was reversmodding some modules to files, so I want to say thanks to HermanSUN, jakdillard and hansk75 for fast response to my problem

and also i found a solution which solves g'reloc "inreger overflow" error without converting modules to files and using old-style 2-slots .vm (because for older devices it seems to be required new nk.exe which will support 4 slots instead of 2). so for all who experience problems with g'reloc it can be some solution which does not have theoretical background but is based just on empirical observations, so guru please don't punish me if i do it wrong, at least it worked for me and maybe will work for somebody else.

So:
1. run g'reloc in normal mode and press "do it"
2. when it says "ingeger overflow" error, don't close it
3. press "do it" again
4. it will show up a message that some file could not opened
5. now remember which module was mentioned and close g'reloc
5. open this module with m'reloc
6. in m'reloc correct e32_vbase to lower value (for me the original value was smth like 73D26000, and i changed it, for example, to 029FD000)
7. press "do it" in m'reloc
8. try g'reloc again, if you see error with other module, repeat steps 2-7

for me after doing so with 5..8 modules everything was ok and i was able to build my rom as usual. remember, this method may be wrong or doesn't work with other devices, but it works ok for me and i just want to share my experience.

p.s. i removed wmreloc from my pc, it did not made even one bootable rom for me, always there were conflicts with xip in memory, g'reloc is the best!
Well, that's rather too much of labour. Here is an easier way for anyone to over come inter overflow. Take out some folders from the system folder, (for no reason I'd always taken out the six browser folders, and it always worked) greloc, put back the folders removed, greloc again and you are done. Like I said, easy! Somebody give this a shot.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sracercelica is keeping up the good worksracercelica is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
Well, that's rather too much of labour. Here is an easier way for anyone to over come inter overflow. Take out some folders from the system folder, (for no reason I'd always taken out the six browser folders, and it always worked) greloc, put back the folders removed, greloc again and you are done. Like I said, easy! Somebody give this a shot.
I will give it a try....I am a newb but how hard can it be right....
Old 03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: o2 CZ

anryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to anryl Send a message via MSN to anryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
WORKING HAHA
BOOTING
PERFECT SOLUTION JUST HAVE TO REPORT XIP MANUALY

Last edited by anryl; 03-12-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sracercelica is keeping up the good worksracercelica is keeping up the good work

I tried it but I am getting a "canot open .VM\imageinfo.bin" error.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Using Da_g's latest Sys, I cant get my ROM to boot. I am no longer getting g'reloc errors when creating. The ROM builds fine but it wont boot.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

dodgexjeep2000 is just getting started

im using da_gs sys nd it boots fine. only thing is i need a 21176 xip for the touch pro if anyone has it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software