PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PDANet v2.0

This version has much faster upload speed..

W/ pdanet 1.8 - I theterred @ ~600 down / 125 up..

I just tested w/ 2.0 - and was able to get 850down/450 up

-mark
Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I think I may have found some issues w/v2.0. With v2.0 I can't access ppcgeeks ftp by clicking "QLinks" then "FTP Upload/Downloads". Also file transfers to the FTP do not load the complete file. While it says complete, if you download the archive, it says unexpected end of archive! I reinstalled v1.8 and issues went away...

Old 07-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I think I may have found some issues w/v2.0. With v2.0 I can't access ppcgeeks ftp by clicking "QLinks" then "FTP Upload/Downloads". Also file transfers to the FTP do not load the complete file. While it says complete, if you download the archive, it says unexpected end of archive! I reinstalled v1.8 and issues went away...
I just tried the same thing and got the same result... but for some reason I can access other links to the ftp like the one found in no2chems nuerom 2.1 thread.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-07-2008, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch vogue
Carrier: Bell

Balkar is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
It makes it appear that your using the browser on your phone. But sprint is a little wiser now. I've seen in the new vogue rom, they set it as "Phone as Modem" and change it back with every soft reset. Unless you delete that of course...
What do you mean by that ''they'' set it as phone as modem and ''what'' changes back with every phone reset?

Thanks in advance

I know i'm not a sprint user but i modded a phone of a friend of mine (who's with sprint) and i dont want him to get into unusual bill
Old 07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
I just tried the same thing and got the same result... but for some reason I can access other links to the ftp like the one found in no2chems nuerom 2.1 thread.
Here is a reply I got back from support@junefabrics.com:

Quote:
Hi Don

This is indeed a known issue with the proxy mode and we are working on that. To work around it you just need to tap on the PdaNet icon on the phone to bring up settings, then uncheck "Proxy Mode" untill we have a fix for it.

Thanks,
June Fabrics PDA Software Support
http://www.junefabrics.com

Disclaimer: Our company issues no warranty and accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
It makes it appear that your using the browser on your phone. But sprint is a little wiser now. I've seen in the new vogue rom, they set it as "Phone as Modem" and change it back with every soft reset. Unless you delete that of course...
Huh...
Well, the 3.56 Mogul ROM doesn't even have a PAM mode (mine doesn't)... And I think you can use either, since the NAI isn't tied down to the network you connect to. Well, I'm not 100% sure on that, but for about 4 months my phone defaulted to PAM (for regular data usage) for unknown reasons on the original stock ROM. I then flashed to a custom ROM. Never heard anything about it.
Also, I remember reading somewhere that the program selects (before any hacks) what username and password you use to log in to Sprint's network. Thus when using ICS, your phone automatically tries to login with the NAI credentials for a Sprint Phone as Modem plan. If you don't have PAM plan, you get rejected (Error 67?). This happens regardless if you use Sprint PCS or Phone as Modem as the connection method. Whereas pocketie uses your normal powervision username and password, which is what PDANet copies (I think). That is why you could get around the ICS login by simply opening up pocketie first, logging in using power vision credentials, and THEN using ICS.
So you can use either connection method so long as you are logging in with the correct credentials, Sprint sees it as normal data usage. Unless of course you go crazy. if you do, tell em you have a slingbox. Legit usage, lots of traffic.

On a completely separate and wholly on topic note, I did get this version of PDANet (bought, i'm in my legit phase right now, lol). It seems pretty stable to me, no problems using a USB cable. Haven't tested it out completely yet, but no complaints so far.

Last edited by qbunnie; 07-09-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Here is a reply I got back from support@junefabrics.com:
What are the advantages of proxy mode?
EDIT: Whoops nevermind, lol. The wonders of search...
Proxy mode is what allows PDANet to have side by side voice and data. Dunno how, but it seems to work.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My pptp vpn doesn't work anymore - probably for the same reason.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Wow, you have to pay to upgrade. That's not what they said when I emailed them.

Email from me to them: (2/6/2007)
Quote:
Hello,

I am considering buying your program, but I was wondering what do you guys do about upgrades? Free within major versions (like a 1.72 to a 1.92 would be free, but 2.0 would have to pay for an upgrade?) Also I can install it on more than one computer, (I use a few different computers) just as long as it's only on one device (so it can only be used once at a time?)

Thanks,
Drew

THEIR EMAIL RESPONSE: (2/7/2007)

Quote:
Hi,

As long as you have the same phone device, the upgrade is FREE.

For more details on multiple computers usage, please visit our FAQ page
at http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/faq.php#multipc

Thanks,
June Fabrics PDA Software Support
http://www.junefabrics.com

Disclaimer: Our company issues no warranty and accepts no liability for
the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken
on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is
subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended
recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or
taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.
Still rather disappointed about having to pay for the upgrade when they specifically stated you don't have to pay for it. I'll stick with 1.80 unless they give the upgrade free.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 650> treo 700> ppc 6700 apache> ppc6800 mogul> htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

dierre is a n00b

do u need a internet connection after installing 2.0 because i took my modem of and it didnt work after i ran it on the cpu soft reset all that good stuff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software