PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 08:03 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
Big D... did u just hide the today screen plugin? or did u just uncheck it so it hides.. i dont see a reason to waste space, for the NOW screen
I just unchecked the box, I don't like things that update on my today screen.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:04 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
So I decided to uninstall Spb Mobile Shell. I was convinced it was messing with my battery duration, and it was slowing down my system. Plus, I was only using the Now screen so it looked like a waste of almost 2 MB just for that.

To my surprise, I was right. The phone operates much faster now, but you know, that's to be expected with any Today screen plugin.

This is what's disturbng though... lately I have been noticing that after my phone charges to 100% it basically stops charging. Once the phone reaches 100% the battery starts to be spent and if it went below 100% it would not charge again even though it was connected to the charger. The only way to fix this was to unplug and plug in the charger.

One day I found that after my phone had been charging for almost 12 hours, and my battery was at 97% and the LED was green (meaning it had reached 100% at some point). Yes, 3% is not that big of a deal... but it's not normal so for me it is.

Well this behavior completely stopped after uninstalling Spb Mobile Shell. I have read many reports on their forums about users complaining about battery issues, so it could be related. Anyway, I'm glad to have uninstalled it... maybe I'll wait for an updated or stripped down (Now screen only) version.

Just wanted to report my experience...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
So I decided to uninstall Spb Mobile Shell. I was convinced it was messing with my battery duration, and it was slowing down my system. Plus, I was only using the Now screen so it looked like a waste of almost 2 MB just for that.

Just wanted to report my experience...
lol, good to know.

I was just about to write the opposite though!

In fairness, I'm running version 1.5 beta 2

That supposedly fixes the battery drain issue as well as:

- Potential battery leak fixed (at least we hope so!).
- More flexible softkey configuration (for example, if you ever had Pocket Informant calendar softkey on Today, you will get "PI Calendar" option in the combo box; same about other programs)
- Tabs are in a keyboard cycle (e. g. you can press left on the left tab and the right most tab will be selected)
- Photo contacts: the first selected contact is the left most
- Fixed a notification leak
- Fixed bug when Spb Mobile Shell could not install at all
- Fixed bug with annoying horizontal line in drop down mode
- Fixed bug with cursor track in Spb Pocket Plus
- Added help
- All logs are off starting from this build
- One potential crash scenario is fixed

I haven't used it extensively so I cannot comment on battery life per se, but I'm hoping it is fixed in this version.

I hate to admit but SPB is really impressing me with this and Phone Suite.

I notice zero slowdowns, in fact I can't believe this thing is actually running. I honestly cannot tell the difference with it on or off. I love the navigation, customizations, the "now" screen...it's just all so great.

Now I never tried 1.0 so I can't directly compare but so far this is a keeper for me.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
Link to the beta?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:58 PM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin
Link to the beta?
Sorry, they've been going down fast. It's not a public beta I don't think, so be warned: LINK

As someone else pointed out, this still writes numerous logs to your Root Directory, so be vigilant about deleting those!

You can put WeatherPanel now into it's own Tab (I did the default weather). The "Now" screen won't jump to it but it looks like they have plans for "plugins" soon.

[/url]
Old 05-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
Thanks, I'll try it out! Worst case I'll just have to install the new RUU code to allow me to reflash my ROM in Vista...

(why am I doing this again?)
Old 05-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Thanks Mal! Will try it tonight if Chris dosn't release WA3 Beta 2 tonight.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
I've been using the Mobile Shell for a couple weeks and really like it. BUT i have had a ton of problems with my 6700 locking up on soft resets since i installed this? I'm using Saridnours PR6 and read a few people having problems with the soft reset lockups, but i had NON till Mobile Shell was intalled.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Hey Mal...how'd you get your today screen to look like that? (With the big icons for Wireless Manager and Sound, such) Are you using WM6? Or is there a program which does that?

This is my first post so, sorry if I missed something.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi
Hey Mal...how'd you get your today screen to look like that? (With the big icons for Wireless Manager and Sound, such) Are you using WM6? Or is there a program which does that?

This is my first post so, sorry if I missed something.
np.

What you are referring to is another great software release from SPB called "SPB Phone Suite". It has nice counters for messaging, profiles, reply with SMS, phone filtering...the works.

mgioia2: look a couple posts up and try the Beta 1.5 version 2. Seems to much more stable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software