PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spb Mobile Shell v1.5

Download v1.5.0 HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alienwhere over at Treocentral posted the following info on this new application... check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienwhere on Treocentral
I was a beta tester for this program, and one of the only people (I think ) to have tested with a 700wx. I submitted tons of bug reports and had so many hard resets in the past month, I don't even want to think about it. But the good news is that it is stable and COMPLETELY changes the way you interact with your Treo.

More information can be gained from the main site, and I will add more later - I just can't do much now because I'm at work and should be working (go figure) but I took some screen shots for you to check out. Spb Mobile Shell sits on top of your existing device, and allows you totally different menu integration. I am totally not shilling for them, I just love this program and have been playing with it for weeks and couldn't say anything until it was released today...

Check out a demo at:

http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/?en

And if you have questions about the app, I'll try to answer them as best I can... it's cool, though...

This is how you can wake up your device now, and check notifications from a new screen - email, sms, missed calls, click the icons, and the go right to the locations...

My today screen is tabbed now, between Diary, WeatherPanel, a photo speed dialer (built in) and the home tab which has battery life and frequently used programs.

The start menu has been revamped, and you can reach everything (organized slightly differently) without your stylus.

As I said, I had to suffer a lot of bugs to get this thing working on my Treo, but it has absolutely changed my life. No joke. I love it, and I wanted to share its coolness with TC! Let me know what you think of this...
http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136181

It looks very interesting... I'm going to read more about it and maybe give it a try. Anyone else heard/tried this app?

I know it's a paid app, but if it does what it says it does effectively, it could be worth it!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
it does look very interesting. thanks pibe for the info.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Ok, I downloaded this and played around with it for about an hour today while at work. A few comments:

-when you're in one of the tab menus and you close out, the program does not default to the "Now" screen. You have to activate it through the start button.
-it relies on SPB weather (which shows up on the Now screen). If you're not running the SPB weather then it kind of makes the weather tab useless. I linked Weather Panel to the weather tab but that info is not displayed on the Now screen. Kind of a bummer. I can't figure out if it's possible to link WP to the weather tab so that it'll function in the "Now" screen.
-I like the new start menu. But when accessing the Program folder you have to keep selecting the "more" soft key to access programs near the end of that folder...kind of a pain.

That's all for now.

Late,
Coz
Old 02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Looks cool, I will try it this weekend when I have more time. It will have to really impress me to spend $30 on it, since I have many programs that do a lot of what this can do already.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 02-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Wow. I swear, SPB makes the slickest looking stuff. It's not always the most feature-packed (nor stable) but damn if it isn't gorgeous.

I think MS should buy them out and adapt this Mobile Shell app to be built into Windows Mobile as an alternative interface. It's perfect for beginners and for those who don't care about packing a lot onto their today screen. That's nicer looking than the iphone, IMHO.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
phone alarm problems with this app is my biggest issue. no more repeating alarms. unless the phone is awake when the message comes in.

the profiles work, but the alerts seem to get stuck with the new app and the phone alarm app.

i hope someone figures out how the two can work together.

cody
Old 02-06-2007, 11:10 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
I visited the SPB Club forums for Mobile Shell and they have some information worth checking out. http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jheNjbPnCYY&eurl=

here is a video made by chris from mobility site
Old 02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheRocoLoco is a n00b
normally I'm not so negative BUT:

This applciation stinks in it's current form. The "Now" menu looks cool and has nice information but if your phone is locked it won't show it when you return from suspend.

I'm looking forward to future versions of this application as I like the idea, but I found it's current form useless.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:29 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Ok so I installed it. When I selected one of their themes it changed the font of my the soft keys on my Today screen; uninstalling and soft-resetting fixed this.

I reinstalled and left the themes option unchecked. I don't think I'm going to keep it. It's very nice, and I do like how they got the tabs to be "virtual" so I can have the Spb Shell Today plugin on top of my Today screen and some plugins underneath it and when I click on a tab it just overlaps the Today screen until I'm done instead of creating a scroll bar.

hidelogo seemed to work fine on the Today screen. Weatherpanel needs to be as a plugin on the Today screen, not a tab, in order for WP-Pilot to work, if not, it gets all screwy. I'd also like to be able to have more than 1 plugin per tab.

I just don't see the need for it at the moment since WP, TodayAgenda, PA and iLauncher get the same job done and more...

I also read on a link to the Spb forums that because of the size of the Treo's square screens the option to display appointments on the Now screen is automatically disabled, not enough space apparently. I'd like to see an option so that the clock is not SO big and I can put more things there... kinda like WA I guess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software