PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Ok, I'm running Beta 4 and though I pretty much love most aspects of this app the number of soft resets I've done today is out of control. I'm getting freezing on just about every screen regardless of what I might be doing.

Anyone know of any known conflicts, etc.

Thanks...late,
Coz

EDIT: In my tabs I have WP, prssReader, TodayAgenda, and NewsPanel.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've been playing around with beta 4 - this setup is working well for me:

My Today plugins are:
  • * phoneAlarm
    * Spb Mobile Shell
    * WeatherPanel
    * WP-Pilot
Spb Mobile Shell is optioned to "Auto-hide the tab content". That way, WeatherPanel is visible when the tab content is not - WP-Pilot works like normal.

To get this to work, I did have to decrease the height of the Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA layouts a little to 123 pixels. I'll post that update tomorrow.

Oh yea - I switched back to Wisbar Lite (from Wisbar Advance 2). I still prefer cascading menus...
Old 06-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
Ok, I'm running Beta 4 and though I pretty much love most aspects of this app the number of soft resets I've done today is out of control. I'm getting freezing on just about every screen regardless of what I might be doing.

Anyone know of any known conflicts, etc.
None, in fact the Release Candidate is now out (I could post it, but honestly the changes too it are fairly minor).

I'm thinking maybe NewsPanel, just because of the level of development on that app, but honestly I don't know. All I can say is I've never had a crash and the program is about to be released as gold soon...
Old 06-17-2007, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jbonilla is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
I've been playing around with beta 4 - this setup is working well for me:

Story,

How were you able to get the phoneAlarm plugin above Mobile Shell? The only today plug-in I can get above Mobile Shell is the date. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:22 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonilla
Story,

How were you able to get the phoneAlarm plugin above Mobile Shell? The only today plug-in I can get above Mobile Shell is the date. Thanks.
Go to your Today settings, click the Items tab. Find PA & highlight it, thenhit the move up button untill it is above Mobile Shell.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-17-2007, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
Go to your Today settings, click the Items tab. Find PA & highlight it, thenhit the move up button untill it is above Mobile Shell.
On my device (PPC-6700), once phoneAlarm gets under Mobile Shell, the MOVE UP button becomes gray and you can't move it any higher. Mobile Shell doesn't have the option of moving up or down. I assumed it was something that Mobile Shell was doing so it could be the top plug-in (after Date) which is why I was surprised by Storyr's screen. I just checked out TreoCentral and noticed there are some other today screens there were phoneAlarm was above Mobile Shell, so maybe it's something that the 700w/wx's are able to do -- I know that there are some differences with Mobile Shell when installed on those devices.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonilla
On my device (PPC-6700), once phoneAlarm gets under Mobile Shell, the MOVE UP button becomes gray and you can't move it any higher. Mobile Shell doesn't have the option of moving up or down. I assumed it was something that Mobile Shell was doing so it could be the top plug-in (after Date) which is why I was surprised by Storyr's screen.
Interesting... In my Today settings, Mobile Shell does have the move up/down option available. I wonder if it's version related? I'm running beta 4.

Question: are you also running WP-Pilot? And if so, is it in "invisible" mode? If so, try this: Activate teh WP-Pilot cursor. Press and hold the center button. A dialog will open. Tap the "Check Today Plugin Order". This little WP-Pilot utility will resolve any plugin order discrepancies...
Old 06-18-2007, 05:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Interesting... In my Today settings, Mobile Shell does have the move up/down option available. I wonder if it's version related? I'm running beta 4.

Question: are you also running WP-Pilot? And if so, is it in "invisible" mode? If so, try this: Activate teh WP-Pilot cursor. Press and hold the center button. A dialog will open. Tap the "Check Today Plugin Order". This little WP-Pilot utility will resolve any plugin order discrepancies...
I'm running the beta 4 that was linked in this thread. I don't remember if the original version allowed me to do it, but thinking back to the way my today screen was then, probably not.

I wasn't running either WeatherPanel or WP-Pilot at the time I tried since I had just recently done a hard reset. I did try installing WeatherPanel and WP-Pilot 2.0 tonight and it didn't make a difference to whether or not I could move Mobile Shell. I couldn't even get the dialog to open to get to "Check Today Plugin Order". Whenever I would hold down on the center button, nothing would happen until I released it, at which time whatever item the pointer was on would activate. Weird that I couldn't get it to work -- I tried with WP-Pilot above and below WeatherPanel, invisible and 1 pixel.

I ended up looking through the registry and comparing the Today entries for phoneAlarm and Mobile Shell and tried changing a couple of items. Lo and behold, after a soft reset, Mobile Shell was moved all the way to the bottom. I went into the Today Settings and now had the ability to move Mobile Shell down. The question will be whether or not Mobile Shell tries to reset the registry if I need to change any settings, which would cause it to revert back to the original behavior after a reset. Thanks for your help anyway!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Ver. 1.5.0 has been officially released
  • Version 1.5 (June 18, 2007):
  • Now Screen professional layout
  • Menu customization
  • Easy item pinning on Today
  • Ability to change order of pinned items
  • Third party plug-ins support
  • Now Screen as lock screen
  • Device locking usability improvements
  • Assigning Spb Menu actions to hardware keys
  • Bigger city database (10000 cities supported)
  • Simple phone profiles
  • Phone profile, alarm, graphic calendar on Now Screen
  • Option to hide menu after program launch
  • Battery life optimizations
  • Performance and stability improvements
  • Better and more reliable appointment handling on Now Screen
  • Minimize All added to Task Manager
  • Two additional photo speed dial tabs
  • Talk button works from Spb Contacts
  • Several more minor changes and bugfixes

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...obileshell/?en

CAB is attached.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
I'm almost done with the new OEM for Apache kitchen users

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software