View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
So I decided to uninstall Spb Mobile Shell. I was convinced it was messing with my battery duration, and it was slowing down my system. Plus, I was only using the Now screen so it looked like a waste of almost 2 MB just for that.

Just wanted to report my experience...
lol, good to know.

I was just about to write the opposite though!

In fairness, I'm running version 1.5 beta 2

That supposedly fixes the battery drain issue as well as:

- Potential battery leak fixed (at least we hope so!).
- More flexible softkey configuration (for example, if you ever had Pocket Informant calendar softkey on Today, you will get "PI Calendar" option in the combo box; same about other programs)
- Tabs are in a keyboard cycle (e. g. you can press left on the left tab and the right most tab will be selected)
- Photo contacts: the first selected contact is the left most
- Fixed a notification leak
- Fixed bug when Spb Mobile Shell could not install at all
- Fixed bug with annoying horizontal line in drop down mode
- Fixed bug with cursor track in Spb Pocket Plus
- Added help
- All logs are off starting from this build
- One potential crash scenario is fixed

I haven't used it extensively so I cannot comment on battery life per se, but I'm hoping it is fixed in this version.

I hate to admit but SPB is really impressing me with this and Phone Suite.

I notice zero slowdowns, in fact I can't believe this thing is actually running. I honestly cannot tell the difference with it on or off. I love the navigation, customizations, the "now" screen...it's just all so great.

Now I never tried 1.0 so I can't directly compare but so far this is a keeper for me.