View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Pibe38
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I decided to uninstall Spb Mobile Shell. I was convinced it was messing with my battery duration, and it was slowing down my system. Plus, I was only using the Now screen so it looked like a waste of almost 2 MB just for that.

To my surprise, I was right. The phone operates much faster now, but you know, that's to be expected with any Today screen plugin.

This is what's disturbng though... lately I have been noticing that after my phone charges to 100% it basically stops charging. Once the phone reaches 100% the battery starts to be spent and if it went below 100% it would not charge again even though it was connected to the charger. The only way to fix this was to unplug and plug in the charger.

One day I found that after my phone had been charging for almost 12 hours, and my battery was at 97% and the LED was green (meaning it had reached 100% at some point). Yes, 3% is not that big of a deal... but it's not normal so for me it is.

Well this behavior completely stopped after uninstalling Spb Mobile Shell. I have read many reports on their forums about users complaining about battery issues, so it could be related. Anyway, I'm glad to have uninstalled it... maybe I'll wait for an updated or stripped down (Now screen only) version.

Just wanted to report my experience...

---
Don't forget to Search first!