PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Mal - Have you had any problems with Shell & WP?

The last couple of days my Treo freezes up on start up after a soft reset. Taking WP out of a tap fixes the problem. I am thinking it's a WP problem though, as installed themes and icons are not showing up when in WP settings. And yes they are in the right folders. The default icons are not showing up in the themes when selected. Also I have tried to reinstall and tried a few a couple of the different CABs here.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-03-2007, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
Now like Mal mentioned where is storyr.
I'm here - barely. Sorry I've been out of touch. I've been slammed with work since February...

Should I try this app out?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Mal - Have you had any problems with Shell & WP?

The last couple of days my Treo freezes up on start up after a soft reset. Taking WP out of a tap fixes the problem. I am thinking it's a WP problem though, as installed themes and icons are not showing up when in WP settings. And yes they are in the right folders. The default icons are not showing up in the themes when selected. Also I have tried to reinstall and tried a few a couple of the different CABs here.
Nope. Never had a single crash with SPB Shell, let alone anything with WP.

Not sure. Maybe trying a different theme?

Hey Storyr,

What's neat about SPB Shell is it allows to dedicate basically 1/2 the screen under a new Tab.

So the quest is, how can we best take advantage of that? :P

If you want to give the program a try and maybe you can think of something that'd be great. Of course this assumes you have time so there is no rush on it. tia
Old 06-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Retired Staff

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Nope. Never had a single crash with SPB Shell, let alone anything with WP.

Not sure. Maybe trying a different theme?
It's finally working right! I have no idea why it freaked like that. I too have never had any problems with WP. But like they say, "Their's a first time for everything".

I really like Ken's WeatherBox Fins layouts, but the larger ones don't fit Treos with Mobile Shell very well. I thought I may be able to do something with it , but one look at the skin file and image files made my head spin.

http://pixel.citadel.org/weatherpane...atherBox_Finis
Old 06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Hey Storyr,

What's neat about SPB Mobil Shell is it allows to dedicate basically 1/2 the screen under a new Tab.

If you want to give the program a try and maybe you can think of something that'd be great. Of course this assumes you have time so there is no rush on it. tia
I went ahead an installed the SPB Shell beta on an emulator - to check it out. I did discover that WP-Pilot will work with WeatherPanel in a tab - just move it below SPB Mobile Shell in the Today Items. Caveat: WP-Pilot thinks WP is there all the time - even when another tab is selected. It's really no big deal though. If this version of the Shell really takes off, perhaps I'll modify WP-Pilot to detect WP's visibility.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd mess around with Commuter-240 - make it taller and add a multiple day forecast at the bottom? Or not...

Hey Mal - great to see you back on the Treo - just like old times
Old 06-03-2007, 08:22 PM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Quote:
Hey Storyr,

What's neat about SPB Mobil Shell is it allows to dedicate basically 1/2 the screen under a new Tab.

I went ahead an installed the SPB Shell beta on an emulator - to check it out. I did discover that WP-Pilot will work with WeatherPanel in a tab - just move it below SPB Mobile Shell in the Today Items. Caveat: WP-Pilot thinks WP is there all the time - even when another tab is selected. It's really no big deal though. If this version of the Shell really takes off, perhaps I'll modify WP-Pilot to detect WP's visibility.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd mess around with Commuter-240 - make it taller and add a multiple day forecast at the bottom? Or not...

Hey Mal - great to see you back on the Treo - just like old times
It's good to be back! So much cool stuff is happening with PPCs, it's nice to see some solid, stable and fast software out there.

As far as the Commuter 240...

That could work although I find it only goes with the black theme, so maybe if it could be transparent?

But I have to kind of agree with budney: Ken's WeatherBox Fins layouts really look great for that Tab, but they need some slight adjustments here and there (mostly on the secondary and tertiary screens).

For myself I kinda like this idea:

Current conditions/today forecast (with percip, etc.)

Then maybe a 3 day forcast. Not too much detail so it doesn't look cluttered.

I think when this app hits 1.5 officially it'll be pretty big as SPB has addressed a lot of issues/requests with this one.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Retired Staff

Great ideas Mal.

Did you get WP-Pilot to work as storyr mentioned?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Great ideas Mal.

Did you get WP-Pilot to work as storyr mentioned?
No.

I see what he means though. It is present on the main page/today screen but when I select the Weather tab and try to "scroll down" it doesn't show at all.

BTW StoryR, this is what I mean by a secondary screen not showing. I'm sure this is any easy fix:

Old 06-03-2007, 11:10 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I see what he means though. It is present on the main page/today screen but when I select the Weather tab and try to "scroll down" it doesn't show at all.

BTW StoryR, this is what I mean by a secondary screen not showing. I'm sure this is any easy fix
Be sure you're using WP-Pilot 2.0. It has a fix to find WeatherPanel - no matter where it is...
Old 06-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Retired Staff

2.0 is what I'm using, and have it right under Mobile Shell on the today list.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software