PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

nmeister is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Ver. 1.5.0 has been officially released
.[*]Now Screen as lock screen [*]Device locking usability improvements
Those are the two features I am most excited about. Did I miss something with the 1.5 beta, can the now screen be used as a lock?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Ver. 1.5.0 has been officially released
.[*]Now Screen as lock screen [*]Device locking usability improvements
Those are the two features I am most excited about. Did I miss something with the 1.5 beta, can the now screen be used as a lock?
Yep...just go to:
Spb Menu/Tools/Lock Device.

The Now Screen is the "lock" screen. It requires you to push the soft left then the soft right keys to unlock. However, it appears that you have to repeat the lock steps everytime to activate the locking. The Now Screen does not default to a locked state.

late,
Coz
Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jonahan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
However, it appears that you have to repeat the lock steps everytime to activate the locking. The Now Screen does not default to a locked state.
Isn't that a shame? If they'd only have added that one feature--the ability to make the now screen lock by default--this would be a phenominal application. As it is, it's only great =)
Old 06-19-2007, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jbonilla is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Yep...just go to:
Spb Menu/Tools/Lock Device.

The Now Screen is the "lock" screen. It requires you to push the soft left then the soft right keys to unlock. However, it appears that you have to repeat the lock steps everytime to activate the locking. The Now Screen does not default to a locked state.

late,
Coz
Also, on my device, if you set the Now Screen to startup when the device comes out of suspend, then activating the built-in lock or using Device Lock causes the Now Screen to appear in a locked state. If you use the Device Lock program, you can also set the Now Screen to be run when you activate it without needing to have the Now Screen set up to activate after powering up the device.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I like the changes they've made to the Professional version of the now screen. SPB keep proving they're the ish!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fablife is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahan
Quote:
However, it appears that you have to repeat the lock steps everytime to activate the locking. The Now Screen does not default to a locked state.
Isn't that a shame? If they'd only have added that one feature--the ability to make the now screen lock by default--this would be a phenominal application. As it is, it's only great =)
I agree - to do this, I installed the attached lock cab which I picked up from XDA. This small program allows you to auto-lock your device upon wakeup.
Attached Files
File Type: zip device_lock_185.zip (68.4 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
answering modem has disconnected

after downloading this program to my alltel ppc 6700, I now get the message that the answering modem has disconnected. I try to go into my start/settings/connections/manage existing connections and set up my password but it always reverts back. When it does this and I go back to reset, I notice that I have some kinda long password in the password field. I've tried to do the soft and hard resets after loading the application but I have no luck. Can someone...anyone, please help me with this. I like this app and all that it has to offer but this modem connection problem is a pain
Old 06-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
uninstall > clean out with Memmaid &/or SKTools > reinstall. The program probably didn't install correctly. It happens from time to time with every program I have owned.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work
Anyone running this on a 6700? Just curious how much it slows the device down, and if you're running it off an SD (I know that will slow it down even more)

Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyoli
Anyone running this on a 6700? Just curious how much it slows the device down, and if you're running it off an SD (I know that will slow it down even more)

Thanks
I run it on Verizon XV6700 and run it from main memory. I run everything that touches the Today screen from main memory so I cannot speak on running it off an SD card.

THe program runs wonderfully ... no speed nor battery issues. I love it ... even better than the slide2lock proggy. Now that I now how to adjust where it sits so I can put phone alarm at the very top of the today screen, i really dont have any issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software