PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to munnarg
Re: New Vito SMS Chat v1.05 (Released 05/08/2008)

Well Chaos and I had been testing this thing out last night for a while but had to stop cause Sprint charges too much for international texts, lol. I had quite a few issues at first with it deleting my messages from my previous Vito installation. It also caused me to soft reset about 6 or 7 times. I think it had to do with the fact that I installed it via bluetooth and it seemed to hang for a bit before initializing. After hooking up via usb and deleting and then reinstalling it has been working flawlessly. You can FINALLY click on hyperlinks, and well as dial numbers sent via text. i also like the new interface as I thought the other one was a little too plain for my liking. The fact that you can turn the notification on and off is also a huge step for those weary of their privacy, lol, and having messages pop up when the phone is unattended.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

BlkCat is just getting started

The new version is great, unfortunately I lost all of my received texts in the install, it only saved my sent ones in the transfer.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

I've been using the old version and liked it. The one main problem for me was the not being able to click the hyperlinks for pic mail. This finally fixes that and all of the other little annoyances. I do however see a couple of things that I would suggest with this new version. The white was FINE with me. Black is ok, its different, but I would like the choice. Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but when you tap on the name of the person in chat, it will take you to the contact so you can dial......only if it is labled as a mobile phone. This maybe only for those of us who use Vito's FunContact, but I text my buddy's phone labled Business more than his Mobile and when I click his name, it takes me to FunContact and gives me two choices - add to existing or create new contact. He is already a contact!!! and I can't dial him. Lame, hopefully they'll figure that out soon. Overall - VERY WELCOMED update to a product I was already lovin!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

TheIgster is just getting started

Well...

I tried it. Sent myself two SMS via an online service. Hit delete on the first one after both had come in and again, both messages were gone.

I have SPB Diary and both messages were listed there after using the x to delete the first message and the second message went away as well (on screen message display via SMS Chat). When I went to delete those messages via SPB Diary, the SMS Chat program opened and the screen went completely black. Nothing I could do but soft reset.

Not sure this is ready for prime time and doesn't seem to work well with other programs running like SPB Diary.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tytn II (Kaiser)
Carrier: Cable & Wireless

chaosxj349 is just getting started

Pressing the "X" button does not delete the message, it just closes the window and saves the message for later viewing (and even though you have read the message on screen, it will still show up as being unread).

I suspect you may have your default SMS settings configured incorrectly.

Try the steps that I posted here and let me know what happens.

HTC TYTN II
KAISER - WM6
S2U2 0.3
FLASH LITE 2.1
FREESTYL 0.1.1.1
TOUCH FLO CUBE
POCKETSNES

Old 05-09-2008, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw View Post
Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but when you tap on the name of the person in chat, it will take you to the contact so you can dial......only if it is labled as a mobile phone. This maybe only for those of us who use Vito's FunContact, but I text my buddy's phone labled Business more than his Mobile and when I click his name, it takes me to FunContact and gives me two choices - add to existing or create new contact. He is already a contact!!! and I can't dial him. Lame, hopefully they'll figure that out soon. Overall - VERY WELCOMED update to a product I was already lovin!

The problem isn't related to SMS Chat, it is a WM limitation. Try using ur default Outlook SMS program to send a text message to any other cell number not listed as mobile. You simply can't do it... But with SMS Chat they rigged it so you can. Small price you have to pay for progress I guess.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCat View Post
The new version is great, unfortunately I lost all of my received texts in the install, it only saved my sent ones in the transfer.
Try clicking on Start --> Programs --> Messaging --> SMS/MMS --> Search around in the SMS/MMS Deleted Items folder and the Inbox, Outbox and Sent Items and see if your missing messages are still in one of these folders. If located, just copy and paste all of them to the respective SMS-Chat Incomming and Sent folders almost at the very bottom of your screen.

If you had a previous version of SMS Chat installed before the upgrade, you will find the old folder parked neatly in the Deleted Items folder (but it should be empty).

Hope this helps . If not, still thank me anyway for trying .
Old 05-09-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotvitamink View Post
Chaos, what do you think of the new version compared to the old one?
This new version is 100 times better than the old one. The main "gripes" were the lack of privacy and the sometimes missed notifications, and they both have been totally addressed in this release. This is definately a MUST BUY application.

The default skin takes a little getting used to, but it is really slick, and the application on a whole is mad fast. I saw on the website that the skin is changeable, but no luck finding any information on that just yet. Hopefully the guys from Vito monitoring this thread can post some insight on the skinning part.

I am eagerly awaiting the release of a newer faster FunContacts to go along with this, but in my opinion that application is perfect and needs no modifications... If it aint broke, don't fix it I guess. But it still would be nice to see.

Thanks again munnarg for helping me test it out (and running up my phone bill in the process ). We were up til the wee hours of the morning texting back and forth and testing with S2U2 and other installed apps running, just to make sure all the kinks were out. The bug testers at Vito really got this one right .
Old 05-09-2008, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dooper is a n00b

I was extremely upset to find out that in the new version, the little right circle soft key on the top right of the keyboard no longer can be pressed to send texts. I don't like touching the screen. This is the only flaw of the program, I can't believe they left this out, it worked in the previous versions.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work

I wont touch this app until I can hit the messages button on my apps like HTC home and Battery Status and it launches the app.

Wait Battery Status is a .xml file, maybe I can edit it?

*RUNS TO THE LAB*

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software