PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 01:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

chibull17 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Vito SMS Chat v1.05 (Released 05/08/2008)

I am hoping FUN CONTACTS will have a black skin to match the SMS-CHAT soon, it looks kinda weird not matching, anybody know if there will be a black FUN CONTACTS soon?
Old 05-10-2008, 02:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

I've started using this yesterday and I"M LOVING IT. I liked the old one but it would sometimes miss notifications and that sucked because I would sometimes have to respond late to people that texted me.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard/G3 (MDA)
Carrier: T-Mobile

sag7392 is just getting started
Talking Re: New Vito SMS Chat v1.05 (Released 05/08/2008)

For me, I LOVE THE NEW VERSION !!! It is faster and you can do much more than the previous version (looking at contact info, links, templates, notification, etc). Plus all of the minor issues (the pop up notification, which got me in some hot water) have been resolved. The layout is awesome...I just changed my theme and skins to a black/gray theme and I'll be damned if the skin is black for the chat now!!! F'n loving it! The folks at Vito got it right! I have Goodwin, SMS-Chat, FunContact, and EyePhoto and I live by the products from Vito!

Like stated in the thread...if you all at Vito are reading this...is there anyway you can skin FunContact to the same layout to match SMS-Chat and Eye-Photo (which thanks to the update is nice, but can we get an "add pic to contact option" in EyePhoto)? Thanks Vito for listening to us the consumer =D>.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

TheIgster is just getting started

Quote:
Pressing the "X" button does not delete the message, it just closes the window and saves the message for later viewing (and even though you have read the message on screen, it will still show up as being unread).

I suspect you may have your default SMS settings configured incorrectly.
Still doesn't explain the black screen and lock up problem. I text once in a while but nothing major like you crazy kids. I think I'll stick with the default text messaging because I really don't need a threaded app. Plus I don't care for the black. The old look was much better. Matched Fun Contacts much better.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

nitty917 is a n00b

for some reason this version collects messages in the inbox of the stock text. Anyway to disable the stock notification, Ive also noticed that the stock notification pops up and the SMS doesnt once in awhile. I believe thats when you accidently open the stock text. I restart SMS and it works again....
Old 05-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

AnaMayShun is a n00b

Been reading through this thread. Seems like this is a very good product. I went to the site and noticed that they have a package of 4 programs for $40. I want to get this, but I see people talking about a new version of Fun Contact being worked on. If I get the programs now, will I be able to upgrade when it happens or will I have to buy Fun Contact again?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro 2
Carrier: sprit

JayMike_ is a n00b

Any idea on how to make Vito SMS come up with the messaging button on HTC Home Screen?
Old 05-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard/G3 (MDA)
Carrier: T-Mobile

sag7392 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
Been reading through this thread. Seems like this is a very good product. I went to the site and noticed that they have a package of 4 programs for $40. I want to get this, but I see people talking about a new version of Fun Contact being worked on. If I get the programs now, will I be able to upgrade when it happens or will I have to buy Fun Contact again?
For me, I purchased the entire iwindowsmobile suite and it worked out well for me. I don't use the ZoomBoard, because I use the Resco keyboard. I know when I saw the upgrade for SMS-Chat, I simply removed the old version and installed the new version...there was no need to apply the key code again for me and all of my text messages were carried over in the install. So installing updates are easy and simple.

As for Fun Contact, all I would like to see is the same theme/background shared by SMS and EyePhoto (which Vito just released a new update for about 2 weeks ago).

I really like products from Vito...yeah it's not free, but I don't mind paying for the quality of work they provide.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Fuzzy Wuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosxj349 View Post
Try clicking on Start --> Programs --> Messaging --> SMS/MMS --> Search around in the SMS/MMS Deleted Items folder and the Inbox, Outbox and Sent Items and see if your missing messages are still in one of these folders. If located, just copy and paste all of them to the respective SMS-Chat Incomming and Sent folders almost at the very bottom of your screen.

If you had a previous version of SMS Chat installed before the upgrade, you will find the old folder parked neatly in the Deleted Items folder (but it should be empty).

Hope this helps . If not, still thank me anyway for trying .
So are you saying that the old texts can be transfered so they can be used in Vito SMS?
Old 05-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

^^Yes they can

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software