PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: AT&T

scottymomo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice theme storyr, the big buttons are really nice....except on the radar/images screen (especially on 240x240) as they cover up probably half of the visible area
Old 10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jrtesq is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post

Thanks! Which layout were you thinking of? The taller, the easier...
I use the 240X240 +130 theme.

Quote:
That is a Commuter-240 only feature - it can't be done on clear layouts like this one. Sorry...
I know nothing about making themes, so I'm curious as to why the moon phases won't work on clear themes. Can you give a brief explanation, just so I know what works and what doesn't, for when I have time to start making some themes?

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx

Xxsrt4xX is a n00b
storyr never ceases to amaze!!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by blpalmer76 View Post
Once again, hands down to you. Here are a couple of pictures of what I did to make you theme better suite my needs.
Nice job. Looks like a cross between PhatPhinger and Commuter - PhatCommuter Which button did you push to get that layout on the right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
Nice theme storyr, the big buttons are really nice....except on the radar/images screen (especially on 240x240) as they cover up probably half of the visible area
Thanks. Well, considering the theme - big buttons were kind of the point. I attemped a balance between usability and functionality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxsrt4xX View Post
storyr never ceases to amaze!!!!
Thanks - I appreciate that!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
I use the 240X240 +130 theme.
Did you try the 124 (which was recently added to the theme download)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
I know nothing about making themes, so I'm curious as to why the moon phases won't work on clear themes. Can you give a brief explanation, just so I know what works and what doesn't, for when I have time to start making some themes?

Thanks.
OK, you asked for it so here goes:

Background
  • The Commuter-240 theme uses a concept that Doreen and I came up with: "Actual Moon Phase". She used the same concept in her "Vista Alive" theme.
  • Weather icons, numbered from 0 to 47, are a combination of day icons, night icons and "dual mode" icons - those that are used whether it's day or night (such as "cloudy").
  • Night icons are numbered 27, 29, 33, 45, 46, 47. These are the only icons where the moon should be visible in any way. In weather icon sets, they normally display a full moon.
  • In addition to the weather icons, are moon icons - which correspond to the moon phase, but are treated differently than weather icons.
How "Actual Moon Phase" concept works
  • The layout uses a background image, plus three layers of icons stacked on top of each other.
  • On the bottom is the background image. In the case of Commuter-240, a black field:
    Code:
    ;IMAGE
    dark_view_panel.png
  • Next is the moon phase icon (this is the "actual" moon phase):
    Code:
    ;IMAGE
    #MOON-LARGE#
  • On top of that is a "moon blocker" icon. The purpose of this layer is to only let the moon show through when it's a night icon. Basically, it's a repeat of the background image for each icon - except for icons 27, 29, 33, 45, 46, 47 (the night icons), which are transparent. This way, the moon phase will be visible at only the correct times. All other times, it's "blocked" by the repeat of the background image.
    Code:
    ;IMAGE
    #ICON-CUSTOM-MOONBLOCKERDARK#
  • Last is the actual weather icon itself - with a twist: The moon has been removed from all night icons. This way, if it's a night icon, the actual moon will be visible behind it.
    Code:
    ;IMAGE
    #ICON-CUSTOM-HUGE#
    0,-6
Even if none of that makes sense (I babble): The reason it won't work on a clear theme is the "moon-blocker" level. You can't block the moon phase on a clear theme - you would see the moon behind your icons all of the time...

Sorry for the lengthy response, but it's rare to find someone who actually apprectiated that feature in Commuter-240...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i8000
Carrier: starhub

tim1979 is a n00b
Hi blpalmer76, is your image you create available for sharing??
hope to give it a try..
Thanks!!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:31 PM
N00b

blpalmer76 is a n00b
Yes, I will post my theme only tomorrow. You can download the icons from the beginning of this thread.

Storyr,
I also love the moon phase and that is why I went back to 240. Is there a way to make it work with my set up since my background is black? Also your question about what button I pushed I do not know what exactly you are asking. If you are referencing the button you had on the right I replaced it with an invisible button and placed it over the temp symbol so it is easy for people to remember where to press. For the the time, temp, city & fells like text I just edited your code to place them over there and yes it does look like the 240 and I like that set up. I personally think it looks cleaner and the weather image pops more. Let me know about the moon phase. You can look at the code changes I did when I post the theme.

Just to let everyone know I edited the 240x240 145 but I incresed the pixels to 161 fo fill my screen with Phone Alarm installed.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
I did try both the 124 and 127 for the 240X240. I think that I need something like 120 but for 240X320
Quote:
Thanks budney - btw - who is that on your avatar?

Thanks! Which layout were you thinking of? The taller, the easier...

That is a Commuter-240 only feature - it can't be done on clear layouts like this one. Sorry...

Thanks. I did add two new layout sizes yesterday for the 240x240 sizes: 124 and 127. Have you tried them for size yet? If one of them works, then I'll port it to the 240x320 size for you.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
storyr, I tried both the 124 and 127 and it froze and wouldn't do anything. that's what happened.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:04 AM
N00b

blpalmer76 is a n00b
Here is the a version in 161 pixels high. This only supports the 240x240 screens.Enjoy.

This has been corrected so you will not get the storage card error message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PhatPhinger QVGA.zip (187.9 KB, 67 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by blpalmer76; 10-11-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes