PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoff101 View Post
i did download the wp from storyr http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=weatherpanel < i downloaded the cab file that suppose to include all of the files in one after that i set up the wp were i live then i downloaded phat phinger and read the instructions provided after installing phat phinger nothing happened i soft reset the 700wx and still nothing i did select the theme layout and icon set to phat phinger i did everything that was told in the instructions and now for some reason wp is not updating i live in nj its about 62 degrees it shows up at 12c lol what the hell is going on i soft reseted the device i even unistalled wp and reinstalled it same problem wp is connected threw vision it dials but no update?so anyways to my conclusion i ended out deleting phat phinger from my ppc
but kept wp since i noticed when i reinstalled it that wp rapped itself around the registry so hopefully with out me having to hard reset my phone and go threw all the insatllation of resco explorer, memmaid, spbbackup sorry for my noobness i guess i wont be having wp or the phat phinger theme working for tonight ;(
It sounds like you had everything installed correctly.

Question: Which city did you select? When adding a city, make sure you enter the city name into the Search For field, tap the Search button, then select the city from the list that's returned.

Also, because you have a Treo (square screen), there are some settings that you can't see - because they're cut off. To see all of the settings, access the WeatherPanel settings through the Today settings:
Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today -> Items tab -> highlight WeatherPanel and tap the Options button.
You should then get a vertical scroll bar that allows you to scroll down to the settings that you can't normally see, such as Units (on the Cities tab) - yours sound like they were set to Metric...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

faceoff101 is a n00b
thanks for the up on this i appreciate your feed back would you happen to know what are the files in the registry that would need to be deleted so i can start fresh with this install?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoff101 View Post
thanks for the up on this i appreciate your feed back would you happen to know what are the files in the registry that would need to be deleted so i can start fresh with this install?
Sure. To completely remove WeatherPanel:
  1. Uninstall WeatherPanel
  2. Uninstall any icon sets/themes that were installed via a CAB
  3. Delete these folders (if they exist):
    • Program Files\MarsWare
    • Storage Card\Program Files\MarsWare
  4. Using your registry editor, remove these keys (if they exist):
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Marsware
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Marsware-Install
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\MarsWare WeatherPanel
Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
Hey storyr, did you ever do the layout in a 115 or 120 for me since the 124 and 127 didn't do anything for me? if you can I'd like to have in 240x320, thanks
Old 10-14-2007, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
Hey storyr, did you ever do the layout in a 115 or 120 for me since the 124 and 127 didn't do anything for me? if you can I'd like to have in 240x320, thanks
I can't shrink it any further without totally reworking the layout. Do me a favor a post a screenshot of your setup - with the 124 layout showing...
Old 10-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
This is such a great theme storyr, thanks again!.

I did have time to slightly mod the 240x320+145 layout to my liking.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 10-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Lurker

bigric70 is a n00b
Storyr
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT... for a guy with fat (phat) fingers and a 700wx tiny screen, this is PERFECT... I WAS a son of commuter fan prior to this, but... just AWESOME...
Now, focus all of your mystical wizard powers to create a wp pilot to work with pocketbreeze...
Thanks again storyr... you are awesome.

BIGRIC
Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
This is such a great theme storyr, thanks again!.

I did have time to slightly mod the 240x320+145 layout to my liking.
Looks good budney. I can see that the CLOCK is very important to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigric70 View Post
Storyr
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT... for a guy with fat (phat) fingers and a 700wx tiny screen, this is PERFECT... I WAS a son of commuter fan prior to this, but... just AWESOME...
Now, focus all of your mystical wizard powers to create a wp pilot to work with pocketbreeze...
Thanks again storyr... you are awesome.

BIGRIC
Thanks - glad you like it. I did figure out why WP-Pilot doesn't work in PB. PB screws up the window names, which is how WP-Pilot finds the WeatherPanel plugin. I'm planning to revisit it and see if I can develop a workaround...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 PM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx
Carrier: Verizon

2sa is a n00b
Hey storyr...I have used this theme for about a week and absolutely love it and ALL of it's functionality. I do miss a couple of the Son-of-Commuter functions though like the ability to display a radar image from the today screen, also the theme has reduced my image space considerably when viewing radar images and I no longer have the ability that I can find to zoom in or out of images...thoughts?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sa View Post
... and I no longer have the ability that I can find to zoom in or out of images...thoughts?
WeatherPanel, when programmed to display a specific radar image (1-8, in this case) does not show the zoom/play buttons by default. Just place your phat phinger on the image and hold for a second and they'll show up...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes