PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700, HTC Touch (Vogue), HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

bilson is keeping up the good workbilson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMUAggie View Post
This looks great, but I am a newbie here with my HTC Touch and a non-techie type person. How would I install this on my Touch phone and it should be spelled out in simple steps, I'm dumb? I've looked through this thread and there seems to be several phones using this weather download and I want to be sure I am using the correct file because if I mess my phone up, I have no one to help un-do my mess. Thanks. Great work ya'll.

Jim
Jim Read the First Page Note The Files Include Install Instructions.

Quote:
* PhatPhinger I QVGA Theme.zip - Original theme files, install instructions included (requires PhatPhinger Icons)
* PhatPhinger II QVGA Theme.zip - Theme files, install instructions included. Works with any standard icon set.
* PhatPhinger III QVGA Theme.zip - Theme files, install instructions included. HTC Touch style graphics.
* PhatPhinger QVGA Icons.zip - Icon files, install instructions included
* PhatPhinger QVGA Icons.cab.zip - CAB install for Icon files - for installing to your storage card
Old 12-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

TAMUAggie is a n00b
Mucho gracias, but you are talking REAL novice here with all this. Do I download all these files to my Sprint Touch or is one of them for the Sprint Touch? Is there a specific order to download, if I need all of these? I did read these but did not understand if one or all or needed. Thanks again.

Jim
Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700, HTC Touch (Vogue), HTC TouchPro2

bilson is keeping up the good workbilson is keeping up the good work
Jim Look at PhatPhinger III QVGA Theme.zip - Theme files, install instructions included. HTC Touch style graphics. - Might be the one you want. Otherwise download all and look at them.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMUAggie View Post
Mucho gracias, but you are talking REAL novice here with all this. Do I download all these files to my Sprint Touch or is one of them for the Sprint Touch? Is there a specific order to download, if I need all of these? I did read these but did not understand if one or all or needed. Thanks again.

Jim
Just to be clear, the FIRST thing to download and install is the WeatherPanel application itself.

Check this INDEX for links to WeatherPanel stuff...
Old 12-06-2007, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
okay, now i've been messing with this all night, lol. i've managed to figure out how to do most of the things i wanted to do, thanks to lots of searching and the amazing work of storyr and other individuals (btw this is great, just great...)

i was wondering if there was an edit that could be done on my end somewhere that will prevent the 'beep'ing i get whenever this program registers a touch? i can't find it in options, and i'm not sure where to look in the registry...
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

okay. found it. i did it the silly way. instead of making it so weatherpanel doesn't beep, i changed the Default.wav file (in your windows directory) to 1s silence. now, i don't ever have to hear that beep, lol. unfortunately, that means that when programs point to it to beep to tell me i'm doing something stupid, this will be there. but, i don't care. i like not hearing beeps...
if anyone else wants it, here it is. unzip the wav, then just put it on the storage card, copy it with rescoe, mosey over to the windows folder and paste, overwriting the one that is there.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Default.zip (23.0 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

mikeinstlouis is a n00b
Radar?

Beautiful job with this ...so cool and Thanks! One question..and I am sure that I missed this reading the threads...but how do you intall in the images like Radar and traffic updates? Any help would be helpful. Thanks!

Mike
Old 12-10-2007, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

look in the other weatherpanel thread. it'll tell you how to customize your radars.txt file.

essentially, you'll have to locate an image that you want. you can usally check your state highway patrol site for camera feeds. just google your town and add 'traffic camera'. when you find the road image you want, you have to right click on the image, and go to properties. note the url that shows the image location. you'll have to edit your radars.txt file (copy it out to your pc, edit, then copy back to appropriate location) to contain an image title, and then the url on the next line. then, when you bootweather panel again, you can just add that image to your city specific weather images. i have 2 from weather.com that i personally use, and third that's worthless, really. i just haven't had time to search around for new ones.

note, images are updated when you update the weatherpanel. so, if you want current traffic, you'd have to update wp right before you check out the image. otherwise, you could be looking at traffic from hours earlier (depending on your update settings)

the nice thing is that you can put looped images in. both of the ones i use a lot are looped, and show me how weather is moving across about an 8 state area over central u.s. pretty cool, if you ask me.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinstlouis View Post
Beautiful job with this ...so cool and Thanks! One question..and I am sure that I missed this reading the threads...but how do you intall in the images like Radar and traffic updates? Any help would be helpful. Thanks!

Mike
The WeatherPanel INDEX contains a link to an image tutorial that I posted a while back...
Old 12-11-2007, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia HD
Carrier: ATT

Ncruze is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Ncruze
Ok,..wait i dont understand..there is a live video feed of streets near my house from weatherbug.com..can i add it to the weather panel so i can be able to view it via the app?? was my question lucent enough??
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes