View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 07:46 PM
timothydonohue
PPCGeeks Regular

timothydonohue is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
look in the other weatherpanel thread. it'll tell you how to customize your radars.txt file.

essentially, you'll have to locate an image that you want. you can usally check your state highway patrol site for camera feeds. just google your town and add 'traffic camera'. when you find the road image you want, you have to right click on the image, and go to properties. note the url that shows the image location. you'll have to edit your radars.txt file (copy it out to your pc, edit, then copy back to appropriate location) to contain an image title, and then the url on the next line. then, when you bootweather panel again, you can just add that image to your city specific weather images. i have 2 from weather.com that i personally use, and third that's worthless, really. i just haven't had time to search around for new ones.

note, images are updated when you update the weatherpanel. so, if you want current traffic, you'd have to update wp right before you check out the image. otherwise, you could be looking at traffic from hours earlier (depending on your update settings)

the nice thing is that you can put looped images in. both of the ones i use a lot are looped, and show me how weather is moving across about an 8 state area over central u.s. pretty cool, if you ask me.