PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Are you sure you copied the welcomecenter GUID to the correct registry location? You should be copying from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome and pasting to HKLM\Security\CHome\Default Settings. When you say you can't see them on the home screen, are they there, but invisible when not highlighted, or not there at all?
Ok. That must have been the problem, i was using the GUID from the earlier post. When i copied my GUID from welcome center it came up. Now, i've got a panel that says "getting started", and my contacts are in there, but the icons are wrong. I'll have to double check that i installed your CPR files.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

OK...sounds like you've got it. The cpr files will definitely take care of the "getting started" and fix the icon issue.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre
Carrier: Sprint

fishfuzz is keeping up the good workfishfuzz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
woohoo! that is my favorite plugin! i just did a lot of **** on this... made a contacts panel, made a custom internet panel to open up iris, and made a program panel!
I'm assuming that you have at least one invisible panel then?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I re-downloaded and re-installed your .cpr files, and its working like a charm! Thank's a million for your patience! The only thing I can't do is edit the panel, I am gathering that this is from the GUID. Can I use the same GUID over and over?

Edit: Seems to have worked. Rock On!

Last edited by chuggy; 04-11-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah...I really need to re-write some stuff in the first post and add some more details like that. Using the GUID from the welcomecenter will prevent you from being able to edit it later on. A workaround that can be done is to copy your welcomecenter GUID somewhere so you won't lose it, create another new panel (doesn't matter what you name it - you'll just use it for it's GUID), copy the GUID from this new panel to the one you are wanting to edit, save changes, soft reset (or refresh CHome), and then put the welcomecenter GUID back on the panel so it will show back up on the home screen. OK.....Clear as mud? It sounds like such a chore when I type it out...
Old 04-11-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

This is what I did to add a contacts Tab. I actually started from a new flash because I made such a mess the first couple of times.

Adding People tab with Contact pictures:

-Disable Titanium.
-Open CHome Configurator.
-Select Menu>Panel>New to create a new panel.
-When the Name dialog box pops up name your panel I chose "Speed Dial" hit ok
-Highlight your new "speed dial" panel by clicking it once
-Select Menu>Panel>Customize.
-Select Menu>Page>New.
-Type "Speed Dial" in Collapsed Field
-Select Menu>Template>Contact Dialer
-Select the first contact you would like to add
-click yes to use picture if a pic is stored otherwise you can chose a pic
-Repeat Menu>Page>New and Menu>Template Contact Dialer for every contact you want to add
-When you have all the contacts you want in their click Done
-Tap on Speed Dial again and then tap show (left soft key).
-Highlight the CLinks panel and select Menu>Panel>Disable>CLinks
-Exit the program (make sure you close the program by using Menu>Exit or your changes will not be saved) No need to reboot yet.
-Now you will need to open whatever regedit software you use. Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome.
-Open ExtensibilityXML. In the string, you will need to insert the name of the panel you just created in the place you want it to be displayed on the CHome home screen. The plugins are separated by a ";"
-Save your changes and soft reset.

-In your registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Clinks Copy the string value for GUID.
Go to HKLM\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings\Speed Dial Paste the GUID string value that you copied. Make sure it overrites the old GUID and doesnt give a GUID[1] if it does erase the old GUID and rename the new one.
-Copy the .cpr files from the attached cab and replace the existing ones in your Windows folder (thanks to Hafrust for the Cab).

Soft reset and re-enable Titanium.

To add or remove contacts disable Titanium, go into configurator and customize your speed dial tab. Hopefuly this helps everyone out, 99% of the credit goes to Hafrust and this thread! I just customized the information for a speed dial panel. Enjoy
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Yeah...I really need to re-write some stuff in the first post and add some more details like that. Using the GUID from the welcomecenter will prevent you from being able to edit it later on. A workaround that can be done is to copy your welcomecenter GUID somewhere so you won't lose it, create another new panel (doesn't matter what you name it - you'll just use it for it's GUID), copy the GUID from this new panel to the one you are wanting to edit, save changes, soft reset (or refresh CHome), and then put the welcomecenter GUID back on the panel so it will show back up on the home screen. OK.....Clear as mud? It sounds like such a chore when I type it out...
Makes perfect sense! Especially after 2 days of tinkering!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Good stuff man...thanks for adding that! It should make it a little easier for people with more specific instructions.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
Makes perfect sense! Especially after 2 days of tinkering!
lol...yeah, it makes sense after doing it for a while, but I wonder how many people come in here, read the first post, and say WTF....screw that!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lelalouf is a n00b

I've done the tinkering too. I made a device lock panel and a people panel, both show up but people text is invisible. Any ideas why and how I can fix it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks