PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

Did you copy the GUID in the registry from the existing Settings panel to your newly created one? Also make sure you added your new panel's name to extensibilityxml at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre
Carrier: Sprint

fishfuzz is keeping up the good workfishfuzz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Did you copy the GUID in the registry from the existing Settings panel to your newly created one? Also make sure you added your new panel's name to extensibilityxml at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome.
Nope. I guess I didn't realize I needed to create another Settings of my own (since I saw it on the list). Let me try that.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well, you can try using the default one, but it kept locking my phone up. We can proceed either way.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

myshinynewtouch is just getting started

Hafrust - I followed your tutorial and i was able to add new panels - but i am still having trouble with the icons... here is what i did..
1. modified the clink panel to add more apps to that, by adding new pages and pointing to apps i like - been able to add 5 until now and i love it - its awesome but the icons are not displaying like they should... i guess i need to modify the .cpr files, can you please help me with that - u said to change to "image 1", but is that for all images as in don't i have to reference some location ?
2. been able to create an invisible new panel on top of the launcher panel... i don't mind it being invisible, i placed it on top of everything which i am using as contact dialer panel.. same issue, i can't get the contacts picture to be visible alongside the number, i just see the generic one.. same edits to .cpr i guess ?

this is fricking awesome, completely threw away m2d now.. now if only i can figure out how to add more cities to the weather panel, then this is the bomb....
Old 04-09-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Well, you can try using the default one, but it kept locking my phone up. We can proceed either way.
Ah, so at this point, creating a "Settings" will only cause lockups, right? In that case I may avoid it for now.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Only if you use the settings panel that already exists. The pre-existing settings panel was not made for our phones and links to pathways that don't exist. I played with it a little and changed some of the pathways and got it working, but it did cause some freeze ups for whatever reason. I'm not sure if I missed something or what. If you create a new one and add the pages manually, it works perfectly.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Only if you use the settings panel that already exists. The pre-existing settings panel was not made for our phones and links to pathways that don't exist. If you create a new one and add the pages manually, it works perfectly.
Great. So I just copy the panel configurations from the existing Settings to the new one? Any to avoid?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

First create a new panel. Then you'll need to add new pages for each item you want to be able to access (I have comm manager, task manager, and my battery info). The action url for each page will be the location of the executable file in your phone. For example, here's what I used (my info may be different than yours since I haven't flashed that ROM yet). For comm manager, my action url was \windows\commmanager.exe. For task manager it was \windows\taskmgr.exe. For my battery it was \windows\nuepowercpl.cpl.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

When you are adding pages, to make it easier, use the templates through the menu to add applications. Since the programs being launched probably won't be on the list in the template, just pick any random program, then once the page is created change the name and action url. That way you don't have to manually input the path to the icons since the template does it for you.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

I can't seem to get any of the cab programs to change my titanium setup, can't add, can't diable, or anything. Hopefully this new ROM im building will help.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks