PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Telus

gmarcoux is keeping up the good workgmarcoux is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

OK so it turns out i'm an Idiot and hadn't copied the cpr files properly. things are showing up now although I've lost my Weather Panel. So I tried to install weather panel 3 and lost all my changes

"I know. I outnumber them, but I shall go gently with them at first."
- Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Act 1
Old 04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre
Carrier: Sprint

fishfuzz is keeping up the good workfishfuzz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarcoux View Post
OK so it turns out i'm an Idiot and hadn't copied the cpr files properly. things are showing up now although I've lost my Weather Panel. So I tried to install weather panel 3 and lost all my changes
Your changes aren't lost. Go into the registry and modify the launcher section and check the original set of instructions (looking to make sure all of your panels are listed correctly) and they'll come back. =)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

do you mean HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\ExtensibilityXML
Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarcoux View Post
do you mean HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\ExtensibilityXML
That's it. You'll just need to add CLinks back in.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok cool.. i've got them almost all back except my CLinks opera which i may have to redo
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

FYI....showaco has WVGA cpr files posted here.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jeremy37210 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
You can still add another panel or two using the instructions in post 2, where it talks about using information from the CWelcomeCenter and/or Settings Panels. Just follow the instructions carefully and it should work just fine. Curious though, your profile shows you're using a Treo Pro, is that correct? If so, it may be tricky because no one here has modified the cpr files for a phone with that resolution yet. Therefore, if you're using that phone, it'll take some extra work to get any additional panels added. Let us know if that's the case and we'll go from there.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Nope, I forgot to update my profile as I returned my Treo Pro a couple of days ago. I'm back to a HTC Touch Pro.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Cool...just wanted to double check. Let us know if you need any help along the way.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
This is what I did to add a contacts Tab. I actually started from a new flash because I made such a mess the first couple of times.

Adding People tab with Contact pictures:

-Disable Titanium.
-Open CHome Configurator.
-Select Menu>Panel>New to create a new panel.
-When the Name dialog box pops up name your panel I chose "Speed Dial" hit ok
-Highlight your new "speed dial" panel by clicking it once
-Select Menu>Panel>Customize.
-Select Menu>Page>New.
-Type "Speed Dial" in Collapsed Field
-Select Menu>Template>Contact Dialer
-Select the first contact you would like to add
-click yes to use picture if a pic is stored otherwise you can chose a pic
-Repeat Menu>Page>New and Menu>Template Contact Dialer for every contact you want to add
-When you have all the contacts you want in their click Done
-Tap on Speed Dial again and then tap show (left soft key).
-Highlight the CLinks panel and select Menu>Panel>Disable>CLinks
-Exit the program (make sure you close the program by using Menu>Exit or your changes will not be saved) No need to reboot yet.
-Now you will need to open whatever regedit software you use. Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome.
-Open ExtensibilityXML. In the string, you will need to insert the name of the panel you just created in the place you want it to be displayed on the CHome home screen. The plugins are separated by a ";"
-Save your changes and soft reset.

-In your registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Clinks Copy the string value for GUID.
Go to HKLM\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings\Speed Dial Paste the GUID string value that you copied. Make sure it overrites the old GUID and doesnt give a GUID[1] if it does erase the old GUID and rename the new one.
-Copy the .cpr files from the attached cab and replace the existing ones in your Windows folder (thanks to Hafrust for the Cab).

Soft reset and re-enable Titanium.

To add or remove contacts disable Titanium, go into configurator and customize your speed dial tab. Hopefuly this helps everyone out, 99% of the credit goes to Hafrust and this thread! I just customized the information for a speed dial panel. Enjoy
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

This solved my problem , i am able to have a speed dial widget as well as an app launcher.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

bx718bklyn is just getting started

Will this work in 6.5 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380544 post # 6
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks