View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
thvoicwethin
Regular 'Geeker

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
This is what I did to add a contacts Tab. I actually started from a new flash because I made such a mess the first couple of times.

Adding People tab with Contact pictures:

-Disable Titanium.
-Open CHome Configurator.
-Select Menu>Panel>New to create a new panel.
-When the Name dialog box pops up name your panel I chose "Speed Dial" hit ok
-Highlight your new "speed dial" panel by clicking it once
-Select Menu>Panel>Customize.
-Select Menu>Page>New.
-Type "Speed Dial" in Collapsed Field
-Select Menu>Template>Contact Dialer
-Select the first contact you would like to add
-click yes to use picture if a pic is stored otherwise you can chose a pic
-Repeat Menu>Page>New and Menu>Template Contact Dialer for every contact you want to add
-When you have all the contacts you want in their click Done
-Tap on Speed Dial again and then tap show (left soft key).
-Highlight the CLinks panel and select Menu>Panel>Disable>CLinks
-Exit the program (make sure you close the program by using Menu>Exit or your changes will not be saved) No need to reboot yet.
-Now you will need to open whatever regedit software you use. Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome.
-Open ExtensibilityXML. In the string, you will need to insert the name of the panel you just created in the place you want it to be displayed on the CHome home screen. The plugins are separated by a ";"
-Save your changes and soft reset.

-In your registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Clinks Copy the string value for GUID.
Go to HKLM\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings\Speed Dial Paste the GUID string value that you copied. Make sure it overrites the old GUID and doesnt give a GUID[1] if it does erase the old GUID and rename the new one.
-Copy the .cpr files from the attached cab and replace the existing ones in your Windows folder (thanks to Hafrust for the Cab).

Soft reset and re-enable Titanium.

To add or remove contacts disable Titanium, go into configurator and customize your speed dial tab. Hopefuly this helps everyone out, 99% of the credit goes to Hafrust and this thread! I just customized the information for a speed dial panel. Enjoy
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

This solved my problem , i am able to have a speed dial widget as well as an app launcher.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.