PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

update:
woohoo, got everything exactly how i want it:

i noticed that after you paste welcomecenter's GUID, you can no longer edit it via configurator... so what i did was close chome, paste settings' GUID onto the custom panel (make sure to take note of the one that's in there before you paste!), open chome then close it again (the custom panel wil be invisible again), then open configurator and you should be able to edit it again. when you're done, just put back welcomecenter's GUID and you should be good to go... (makes me wonder if pasting settings' GUID to one of the built-in chome panels will allow you to edit it.... *ponder*)

Last edited by strra; 04-10-2009 at 09:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre

fishfuzz is keeping up the good workfishfuzz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
i noticed that after you paste welcomecenter's GUID, you can no longer edit it via configurator... so what i did was close chome, paste settings' GUID onto the custom panel (make sure to take note of the one that's in there before you paste!), open chome then close it again (the custom panel wil be invisible again), then open configurator and you should be able to edit it again. when you're done, just put back welcomecenter's GUID and you should be good to go... (makes me wonder if pasting settings' GUID to one of the built-in chome panels will allow you to edit it.... *ponder*)
Yep. If you use the GUID of an editable panel (ie CLinks), one can edit the other panels using the Configurator. Of course, you could also just edit entries via the registry, once you've figured out how they work. =)

One can also refresh CHome with this app: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yzj2ig3xzza
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm having an issue get the configurator to show my custom panel. I can't figure out why. I've made all the changes necessary, and in the configuration screen I see my New "contacts" panel, but when I click show and reset it never actually shows. If i go back into configurator it is greyed out again. Any ideas. I'm guessing it's something easy, and I'm just over tired. I'll try back in the morning.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:32 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
I'm having an issue get the configurator to show my custom panel. I can't figure out why. I've made all the changes necessary, and in the configuration screen I see my New "contacts" panel, but when I click show and reset it never actually shows. If i go back into configurator it is greyed out again. Any ideas. I'm guessing it's something easy, and I'm just over tired. I'll try back in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
  • Open ExtensibilityXML. In the string, you will need to insert the name of the panel you just created in the place you want it to be displayed on the CHome home screen. The plugins are separated by a ";"
did you do this step? if you don't do this, it will do that
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

myshinynewtouch is just getting started

strra - i even got my contacts dialer to work - used the GUID of welcome center which hafrust posted couple of posts ago - but it shows up as "getting started" and i don't see the picture no more (that i guess is cause my .cpr files don't have the welcome center stuff in them )

"By using the GUID {F0A1B246-6E64-40cd-8E15-347D29FF6F18} you can add multiple plugin panels without sacrificing existing panels" - i tried using this GUID which was supposed to be add many panels - but it completely removed my existing invisible contacts panel...

did anyone have the "getting started" problem - i remember reading about it someplace but i don't know what it is for..
Old 04-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

CDENsomnia is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to CDENsomnia

Quote:
What file explorer are you using? I use Resco and Total Commander and I hadn't had any problems with it. Also, what type of phone and which ROM are you using?
I am using a touchpro from sprint. I have the copper rom from mightymike and juicy. I have tried multiple file explorers and even tried to copy the files to the windows directory from my laptop. I then reflashed to be sure I hadn't messed anything up and still have the same problem.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshinynewtouch View Post
strra - i even got my contacts dialer to work - used the GUID of welcome center which hafrust posted couple of posts ago - but it shows up as "getting started" and i don't see the picture no more (that i guess is cause my .cpr files don't have the welcome center stuff in them )

"By using the GUID {F0A1B246-6E64-40cd-8E15-347D29FF6F18} you can add multiple plugin panels without sacrificing existing panels" - i tried using this GUID which was supposed to be add many panels - but it completely removed my existing invisible contacts panel...

did anyone have the "getting started" problem - i remember reading about it someplace but i don't know what it is for..
Yeah..."Getting Started" is what the welcomecenter panel is set to show by default. If you have the adjusted cwelcomecenter section in your .cpr it will show whatever you named the panel. I included that section in the qvga cpr files I posted if you want to take a look and try copying it into yours. I thought your ROM didn't have the registry entries for cwelcomecenter? Or am I confusing you with another Vogue user?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDENsomnia View Post
I am using a touchpro from sprint. I have the copper rom from mightymike and juicy. I have tried multiple file explorers and even tried to copy the files to the windows directory from my laptop. I then reflashed to be sure I hadn't messed anything up and still have the same problem.
Hmmm...that's odd. Strra is using that ROM and didn't have any problems with it. Maybe try going into your windows directory and renaming the existing cpr files, then try copying the modified cpr files into windows? If it will allow you to do that, you should be able to go back in after soft resetting and delete the old cpr's that you renamed.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
This post is for QVGA devices ONLY!!!

OK...here are the QVGA modified cpr files. I did NOT add the section for the "Settings" Panel b/c the values there in my VGA cpr's seemed odd and I was bound to screw it up if I tried converting it. If you want to enable the "Settings" panel, you will need to add that section to the Titanium_240x320 and Titanium_320x240 cpr's. You can compare the VGA versions I posted to these QVGA versions to see the difference between them. I don't have a QVGA device to test them on, so that's why I'm leaving it to you all. What these CPR's WILL allow you to do in their current state is add a new panel using the welcomecenter GUID, plus it will fix it to where your icons will be displayed.
Hafrust - just tested ur .cpr and they are the bomb - now i got everything to display - my contacts, my programs - everything and with the right pictures too...

one small problem though - my programs is a little off - as in it is indented a little bit outside and its not in line with the rest - what layout should i modify to get it to be in line.. ???
Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah..."Getting Started" is what the welcomecenter panel is set to show by default. If you have the adjusted cwelcomecenter section in your .cpr it will show whatever you named the panel. I included that section in the qvga cpr files I posted if you want to take a look and try copying it into yours. I thought your ROM didn't have the registry entries for cwelcomecenter? Or am I confusing you with another Vogue user?
no ur not - i don't have welcome center - but i guess the GUID are still probably in the .dll file even though they are not visible on my today screen.. that means i can use the welcome center if i have the .cpr modified to use welcome center which is why i am able to use it as a contacts dialer... yahooooooo.....

now all i gotta do is tweak the my programs a little bit to align properly and i will have the proper .cpr and registry settings to keep....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks