PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

homoferus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to homoferus Send a message via MSN to homoferus Send a message via Yahoo to homoferus Send a message via Skype™ to homoferus
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Hey guys. Couple months back I used this tutorial to flash my Sprint 6800 to Cricket with great success and ease. Thought I had done the same with my fiance's but must have had an ADHD moment and missed a step. Long and short is that I need to revert hers to original earliest SPL and Rom and then start over. I can't get the Cricket data services to work (just the internet). What do I need for this? Alternately, a link to a thread that describes how to revert it would work great. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh1 View Post
Need some advice on how to get out of this brick.....running windows 6.0 if that makes any difference. I was going to upgrade to 6.1 once unlocked.

Thanks in advance..
dont let activesync not connecting fool you, flashing a ROM can still be done... just keep hitting NEXT
since your stuck in bootloader, what version does it show?

If your bootloader is Olipro 2.40 then you just need to flash a compatible Radio and Rom...
the easiest way would be to flash the latest Sprint 6.1 GPS enabled shipped ROM Update (not just the ROM only)

If your carrier is not Sprint, make sure to reset BEFORE customizations run (you get 3 seconds)

Last edited by puff; 03-04-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 AM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoferus View Post
Hey guys. Couple months back I used this tutorial to flash my Sprint 6800 to Cricket with great success and ease. Thought I had done the same with my fiance's but must have had an ADHD moment and missed a step. Long and short is that I need to revert hers to original earliest SPL and Rom and then start over. I can't get the Cricket data services to work (just the internet). What do I need for this? Alternately, a link to a thread that describes how to revert it would work great. Thanks in advance.
downgrading the SPL requires downloading the Radio and Rom in order for it to function correctly. This is not recommended, as its believed that downgrading the Radio from GPS to non-GPS can cause a brick called download mode. There is some documentation (and debate) found throughout the forums, just been a while since i've dealt with this subject. If your data is the only thing that doesn't work. Its prolly due to incorrect parameters in the EPST.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

homoferus is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to homoferus Send a message via MSN to homoferus Send a message via Yahoo to homoferus Send a message via Skype™ to homoferus

Puff: Thanks for the expedient response. I'm -so- glad I didn't go ahead and try to revert the radio and rom! Thanks for the heads up. I've compared the two moguls (both identical and running Gamedic's Rom) and the only difference I can find is that my fiance's says "PRI Version: 1.24_003" in Start>settings>system tab>device information>Version tab. Mine states "2.04_003". Our EPST settings are identical as well. Is PRI a designator for radio version? Could I just upgrade her radio? Any thoughts? Oh, worth mentioning, I have already repeated Gamedic's Step by Step on her mogul to no avail. So whatever is wrong can't be rectified by simply re-trying the process. I apologize in advance for mor ignorance in these matters
Old 03-07-2009, 01:33 AM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoferus View Post
Puff: Thanks for the expedient response. I'm -so- glad I didn't go ahead and try to revert the radio and rom! Thanks for the heads up. I've compared the two moguls (both identical and running Gamedic's Rom) and the only difference I can find is that my fiance's says "PRI Version: 1.24_003" in Start>settings>system tab>device information>Version tab. Mine states "2.04_003". Our EPST settings are identical as well. Is PRI a designator for radio version? Could I just upgrade her radio? Any thoughts? Oh, worth mentioning, I have already repeated Gamedic's Step by Step on her mogul to no avail. So whatever is wrong can't be rectified by simply re-trying the process. I apologize in advance for mor ignorance in these matters
Meh, just the usual disclaimer
Truth be told, I've successfully downgraded the radio before.
Its never been my device, always someone elses...

Anyway, from what i've read and what i remember, PRI caused issues with GPS...
but i could very well be wrong...

... you have checked ##PST and compared the M.IP profiles?
... also you confirmed radio, bootloader, and rom are all identical?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

RanchoRich is a n00b

Great work!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: cricket

mort_subite is a n00b

First of all, many thanks to GAmedic for what looks to be a simple and quality tutorial for us n00bs. I'm about to undertake this task myself, as I just paid 35 bucks to the a place in town that could not get my internet, MMS, or GPS functional and seemed to know about as much as I did after I took the device home and did some research.

I've read through some of the tutorial already and I have a question.
I have a VZW Mogul 6800. It is flashed and working with Cricket (but only calling and SMS are currently functional).
A quote from the tutorial concerns me:

"Attention Verizon users: When you finish flashing you ROM you will need to call Verizon for a new Akey."

I'm not sure the person who originally flashed it flashed a new radio. If not, I'm curious to know how to go about getting a new Akey, as I am NOT a Verizon customer and never was. Can I call Cricket to get one if I need one? If not can, I still call Verizon and get a new one if necessary?
Is there a way to find out if he flashed a new radio and I do not need to get a new Akey?

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. Once I am done flashing my phone and getting it to work, I will donate some money to the cause.
Living with crippled devices is for suckers!

Thanks again!

M.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: cricket

mort_subite is a n00b

Also, sorry for the bad reputation.

First post.

M.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:36 PM
the magic mod

hey mort - welcome to PPCGeeks !!!

and man if you got cricket, i wont be able to help you much... but i'll do what i can
as far as the A-Key for Verizon, if you aint got Verizon - you wont need it

voice and sms operate on the same 1X channel,
to fix data you prolly need to modify the PST settings... (##PST# or ##778#)
this will require your MSL, if its not 000000 then get BAFMSL grabber
although I dont know the correct settings offhand for cricket...

anyway, again welcome to PPCGeeks !!! hope this helps....
Old 03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

luisds87 is a n00b

Quick question.

I have 2.47 Nochem2 as my bootloader.. It doesnt let me run the TITAIMG.nbh.. Should I downgrade?

Can I just format my memory stick with one of the other ones and try to run it on the bootloader? Or do I have to do something else?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development