PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Make sure your card is formatted right, also you might try a different card if you can...

Quote:
Flashing your device using the SD method.

1. Card has to be 2gb or less in order to work.
2. Has to be formatted to fat32. To format place the card in a reader and insert reader in your PC. Find the drive that contains the card. Right click the drive and select format. Under file syatem select fat32. Hit start. Once the format is complete the card is ready to use.
3. Place the file you wish to flash on the SD card. Rename the file to TITAIMG.nbh.
4. Remove the card from the card reader and insert it into your device.
5. On your device press the power, camers and reset buttons at the same for approx. 2 seconds. You will have a grey screen that ask you to press power button to begin. The flash will take around a minute or so. Once the screen reads update complete you need to press reset and the flash should be complete. If you are flashing a radio the device will boot up normal. If you flashed a ROM the phone needs to be hard reset. Press the two soft keys on the front of the device (below the send/end keys) and at the same time press reset.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

bartmelis is a n00b

Help! The slider portion on my phone broke and I now have a new one from Verizon. However, it already has WM 6.1 on it. I didn't think I would need to unlock it before I put a custom ROM on it through the kitchen but can't seem to get it to take. So, I tried the gamedic's suggestions on unlocking it but it keeps erroring out. Can anybody recommend what to do next? When I reboot, I see these revs, not all the way sure what they mean but I'm assuming one is the radio and one is a bootloader. Anyway, here is what I have.
m 09
b 03
p dcaaxom.4350H
R 3.37.78
d 3.57

Then in the bootloader it says
TITA100
SPL-2.07.0000
CPLD-9

I'm bummed because I had this the way I wanted finally and then the phone broke. Now, not sure how to proceed. Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What exactly are you trying to do. Install a rom? What errors are you getting exactly? Did you buy a verizon fun but you have sprint?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartmelis View Post
Help! The slider portion on my phone broke and I now have a new one from Verizon. However, it already has WM 6.1 on it. I didn't think I would need to unlock it before I put a custom ROM on it through the kitchen but can't seem to get it to take. So, I tried the gamedic's suggestions on unlocking it but it keeps erroring out. Can anybody recommend what to do next? When I reboot, I see these revs, not all the way sure what they mean but I'm assuming one is the radio and one is a bootloader. Anyway, here is what I have.
m 09
b 03
p dcaaxom.4350H
R 3.37.78
d 3.57

Then in the bootloader it says
TITA100
SPL-2.07.0000
CPLD-9

I'm bummed because I had this the way I wanted finally and then the phone broke. Now, not sure how to proceed. Thanks!!
To flash a custom ROM you will need to be unlocked.
What error are you getting? are you using NueSPL or Olipro?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Lurker

bartmelis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
To flash a custom ROM you will need to be unlocked.
What error are you getting? are you using NueSPL or Olipro?
Thanks for helping! To answer drewcam's question, I'm actually on Verizon and have the Verizon titan, I'm just trying to reflash a custom ROM I made with the kitchen software. And Puff, I've actually tried both. The nueSPL goes into bootloader and then just sits there. The Olipro, does the same although it did make it to the gray screen that has the word loading... on it but it just sat there for a while. I purposefully let it sit to see if it was actually working but after about 5-8min or so I thought the effort was fruitless and then tried to load the kitchen and then, well, it failed now that I know it needs to be unlocked. The error I'm getting with Olipro is Error 260: connection. I check to make sure Activesync didn't have the allow USB connections, made sure the cable connections were all good. Nothing. Just tried it again and same outcome.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 AM
the magic mod

try Olipro 2.40 after you turn USB connections ON !!!

here is a list of RUU error codes...
Quote:
ERROR [248~260] : UPDATE ERROR

This error occurs when there is an “open port error” before upgrading the CE ROM image.

Solution: You can reset the device and run RUU again. If you still encounter an “OPEN PORT ERROR” again, reset your computer and try again.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Lurker

bartmelis is a n00b

Cool thanks, I'll give it a go again.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Lurker

bartmelis is a n00b

Quote:
try Olipro 2.40 after you turn USB connections ON !!!

here is a list of RUU error codes...
Well, I tried again and ran the SD unlocking version again and it seemed to work (4th time). Then I tried to load the custom ROM, didn't work. I had an updated GPS version already (at least I thought I did) but decided to do it again this time. AND...wammy, it worked. I guess that was the issue. I've not got my custom ROM loaded again. Thanks for helping you guys!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartmelis View Post
Well, I tried again and ran the SD unlocking version again and it seemed to work (4th time). Then I tried to load the custom ROM, didn't work. I had an updated GPS version already (at least I thought I did) but decided to do it again this time. AND...wammy, it worked. I guess that was the issue. I've not got my custom ROM loaded again. Thanks for helping you guys!
Np. Glad you got it working. Enjoy your new custom ROM on your Pocket PC: xv68700 (hehe, might wanna update your profile )
Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker

bartmelis is a n00b

Quote:
Np. Glad you got it working. Enjoy your new custom ROM on your Pocket PC: xv68700 (hehe, might wanna update your profile )
suhweet, gotta love it. xv68700 is actually my frankenstein hybrid device . Thanks again! I'm going to go try to scour the forums a little to give back to the system.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development