PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

angleheart77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

sorry, verry new to all of this. I tried all of the steps that you outlined and now my fone sits on the "PPCGeeks and PPCKitchen.org present" screen and I can't do anything.. HELP!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Lurker

angleheart77 is a n00b

Very new to all of this, but I ran thru all of the steps that are outlined and now my fone just sits on the "ppcgeeks and ppckitchen.org" screen. I can not do anything, including power it off w/o taking the battery out.. Please help me!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

azrael201 is a n00b

is that the custom pic you used to power up?

i'm guessing you need to install a rom that is right for your radio. you're not giving us much to work with.

maybe you cooked something too mem intensive and it is hanging
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Lurker

angleheart77 is a n00b

still nothing.. I left it pluged up to charge all night. Tried the abv steps again and I continue to get the same thing. I reset using the camera, power, and reset button. I get the rainbow screen and it shuts off. I can turn it back on now with the power button but then it goes back to the Chef PPC screen for a minute or so and back off, or black screen. I tried uninstalling an re-installing my activesync. Nothing!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you update your radio? You need at least 3.xx for gps roms. Should be in red on bottom right on startup next to R:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:56 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

try flashing to a known working ROM or stock ROM
if your still having issues, post what numbers you have in bootloader (tri-color screen)
also post the radio version found as posted by drewcam888
Old 04-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: USCC HTC PPC 6800

Carnage04 is a n00b

First off I have to thank you for the Tutorial. I had no problems updating my Radio and ROM, getting the GPS to work, and getting WM 6.1 running. It was a little bit scary at first but I'm glad I did it.

The only difference was that I used the Rom included with PPCKitchen and didn't fully understand what I was doing so I loaded way too much stuff onto my phone and it does not have much memory left after loading all the programs. I would like to flash it again.

Is there anything different about flashing it from a non-stock Rom to a new non-Stock Rom? Or do I just go through the same process (Without upgrading the Radio again, of course)?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:43 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage04 View Post
First off I have to thank you for the Tutorial. I had no problems updating my Radio and ROM, getting the GPS to work, and getting WM 6.1 running. It was a little bit scary at first but I'm glad I did it.

The only difference was that I used the Rom included with PPCKitchen and didn't fully understand what I was doing so I loaded way too much stuff onto my phone and it does not have much memory left after loading all the programs. I would like to flash it again.

Is there anything different about flashing it from a non-stock Rom to a new non-Stock Rom? Or do I just go through the same process (Without upgrading the Radio again, of course)?
Now that your unlocked you are ready to flash any ROM any time anywhere
Once you've unlocked your always unlocked (unless you relock for warranty or return)

Simply cook up your ROM and then flash it using your preferred method (RUU vs SD Card)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Unlocking and reflashing the radio is not necessary anymore.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

mcfz is a n00b

I finally pulled off my update and installed a GPSToggle on my Today screen and seen it lock on to 5 sats!

Now... I am sure there are many great GPS Navigators out there. I am looking for a very BASIC one as this is really just a TOY function for me...

Is GoogleMaps a good route?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development