PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

If your current radio is version 3.xxxx then you have a gps enabled radio. Check this under device info
Old 04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

chaos7979 is a n00b

Thank you for this very helpful tut. Clearly written and very informative.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: Smart

johnwise is a n00b

HI
I tried the step by step
but after i install the radio 3.35 my mogul cannot enter its stopping in the spalsh screen
and keep that way

what should i do ?
thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwise View Post
HI
I tried the step by step
but after i install the radio 3.35 my mogul cannot enter its stopping in the spalsh screen
and keep that way

what should i do ?
thanks

I noticed in your title you have a touch pro? I hope you did not flash this radio to that phone. Edit: I see you said mogul.

If you are working with a titan phone, then stuck on second splash can be a couple things:

1 Bad or non bootable rom
2 corrupt radio, or it did not flash correctly (if it did not flash for some reason then a gps rom with a non gps radio, you get this exact situation)

make sure your radio did flash by reading the red numbers r when it first boots. If it has the correct radio, then flash another rom. If it does not work, then reflash the radio.

Last edited by mattsm; 04-19-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: US Cellular

tdbone1 is a n00b

i have just bought (2) USCC ppc 6800 cell phones off ebay that have:
Rom Version 2.17.557.0
Rom Date 11/20/07
Radio Version 1.64.00

and the bootloader screen shows:
TITA100
SPL-1.07.0000
CPLD-9

basically i think the phones are STOCK USCC updates.

what i want to do is switch them to SPRINT with latest STOCK updates but that does have the GPS working.

anyhow if i do get it switched to SPRINT will be "EXACTLY" like the sprint ppc 6800 with all updates?

i mean if i sell these phone after i change them from USCC to SPRINT will they work perfectly for those people i sell them too with the SPRINT network?

i dont have any cell service....all i have is wifi in the house...but i think i might be able to get a couple dollars more if i can sell these with GPS working right?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bb curve / htc mogul
Carrier: cricKet

disquieted is a n00b

I'm sorry, I'm sure it's here somewhere but was this tutorial updated with the instructions on what to do if you're running vista? I wasn't able to install .NET framework
Old 05-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

there shouldn't be any changes for vista other than using vista equivalent of activesync, WMDC. What steps are you having issues with?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Updater not working?

I d/l the setup, ran the updater...and the updater was updated. Then I updated again, and it just sits there...nothing after 2 hours.

Is the server just down??

Edit: It started D/L'ing...finally. I think I ran the uploader 10 times until it finally started working. And oh ... it is S L O W!! Can't wait to start cooking my own!!

Last edited by Recursion; 05-20-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Lurker

mezquitale is a n00b

Hi, I'm able to cook and flash my sprint htc mogul however I would like to know what options anyone would recommend for the following scenarios. I already cooked and burned twice and although I solved a problem here and there others continue to pop up.

1. First, i'm choosing WM 6.5 but it's kinda slow on my phone. I picked the fastest compression suggested on the forums. Would it make a difference if I picked no compression? How about if I picked WM 6.1?? Here are my phone's specs:

ROM VERSION: 3.08.666.1
RADIO version: 3.42.02
CPU: QUALCOM(R)7500
Speed: 400 MHz
RAM Size: 64 MB
Flash size: 256MB
Transcend Micro SD Card: 8 GB

--->can I try over clocking my phone? I noticed the warning on the cooking software that said the over clocking only works on Apache so I didnt try it on my phone.
2. Which app will give me a minimized TODAY on my phone, exactly or similar to the default sprint? I used to have about 5-6 items. In particular, I really really really need to see my up and coming meetings on my calendar, e-mail notification and from what e-mail account. I dont need any fancy GUI.

3. I don't touch the screen much at all. I know a lot of you guys are going to kill me for this but I like to keep things simple. I use the keys to open the "Start Menu" on the phone then I scroll down to the application that I want. There's a few applications that I use very often and they are always on the "Start Menu", on WM 6.5 there is no start menu! I click on the windows key that's supposed to send me to the start menu but instead it sends me to the list of applications -- android style! I don't need to see an icon to know what app I want -- is there a setting or app that can give me a start menu WM 6.1 style? That way I dont have to scroll up and down my phone??

3. I know I dont use the touch screen much for anything else except for... TYPING!!! I got used to the software keyboard on 6.1 and worked like a charm! I NEVER used the hardware QWERTY keyboard in WM 6.1 because the keyboard was human friendly and worked excellent with my fingers which I used most of the time and no problems with the stylus. The keyboard in WM 6.5 is much too small!! I cant even type with the thing even with the stylus!!!! I already tried two different keyboards but before I cook and burn again I would like some input from seasoned veterans!

4. Last but not least, is it possible to save a text file that spits out a human friendly log of the choices that you picked so that if you want to cook again you know what choices you picked?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Lurker

mezquitale is a n00b

I forgot to mention this important fact.

The main reason I am flashing my phone is because I want the following functionalities:

1. I want to share my data connection with my laptop running ubuntu.
2. I want to be able to watch videos, TCPMP works like a charm!
3. I want to use a browser other than the default IE.
4. I want to play around with the GPS functionality of my phone.

The GUI looks awesome in 6.5, you guys did a great job, but my start menu, today, and my keyboard need fixing big time!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development