PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 05:37 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

Make sure you UNINSTALL any previous versions when going the cab method. Otherwise, you will see duplicate entries with different address values in the settings. If you forgot to uninstall the old version then you should be able to go into the config menu and remove the old LED entries.

Last edited by stroths; 02-22-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
this kicks ass no2chem.

Works flawlessly for me.

Are you going to update the CAB installer to 1.3?

EDIT: NEVERMIND! just saw.

Thanks stroths!

No2chem, are you planning on adding new colors for the address system.

I know the bluetooth LED turns and stays a lighter blue under certain circumstances, and also the blinking/solid RED LED when the battery is dying? Thanks!

they _should_ be mappable, as should the green charging complete led. i guess only time will tell =p ... as for colors, i guess thats something i can consider.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok i went in through settings>system and it still shows program after i removed it in control panel...its version 1.1 that seems not to want to uninstall.. I removed it from windows/appmanager. as well as nuedled.dll and nueled.exe from windows directory...Am i missing something here.how do i get it off settings>system> ? it still shows there? before i install new 1.3

edit also removed some registry entry's related to it....Still in system menu..but now the symbol is just generic.no more actual icon.but a square exe one now.

think i got it.strange..first it was under settings>personal... deleted all that stuff and reg entrys. rebooted.then it was under settings>system...I deleted some more reg entrys that poped up..rebooted it seems gone......along with any lights now...hmmm and in its place is something called mycpl 26? any ideas?

ok edit again....
I now have installed version 1.3.. the lights are working as they should for stock..but under all settings menus.. no control for nueled... and i still have that mycpl 26?

found nueled now in my programs folder.....but what is this mycpl 26 i have now?

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Last edited by kaos; 02-22-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:47 PM

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
ok i went in through settings>system and it still shows program after i removed it in control panel...its version 1.1 that seems not to want to uninstall.. I removed it from windows/appmanager. as well as nuedled.dll and nueled.exe from windows directory...Am i missing something here.how do i get it off settings>system> ? it still shows there? before i install new 1.3

edit also removed some registry entry's related to it....Still in system menu..but now the symbol is just generic.no more actual icon.but a square exe one now.

think i got it.strange..first it was under settings>personal... deleted all that stuff and reg entrys. rebooted.then it was under settings>system...I deleted some more reg entrys that poped up..rebooted it seems gone......along with any lights now...hmmm and in its place is something called mycpl 26? any ideas?
Try this.

1. Uninstall 1.3 and reboot
2. Install 1.1 and reboot
3. Uninstall 1.1 and reboot
4. Reinstall 1.3

Let me know if you need a copy of the 1.1 as I still have the cab
Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

1.1 was the original installed. i removed that and some reg settings....Your saying uninstall 1.3 then install 1.1 then delete then reinstall 1.3? what about when 1.1 says it wasn't completely uninstalled after removal?right now i have everything working except theres that mycpl 26 there now.and nueled is now in actual programs folder.also nueled 1.1 still shows under remove programs..when you click on it it ask if you want to remove for installed programs list..i select yes...but its still there..i even uninstalled 1.3 then tried to reinstall 1.1... says previous version exist must be removed to continue..i select yes...it says install unsuccessful. So i reinstalled 1.3 rebooted.lights once again work... but still shows 1.1 installed under remove programs. as well as mycpl 26 under settings>system...Why the hecks up.

EDIT//

I don't know how but i got it all cleaned out..things seems to be working havent applied to stop the lights yet thats next step..but mycpl26 is gones.as well as multiple reference points....my only problem now is it still shows no2chem nueled 1.1 under remove programs. i deleted a folder for it under windows/appmanager
rebooted...still there..i even used resco too search for that term no2chem 1.1 found nothing....any ideas how to get it off installed programs list in remove programs?

under the registry in the wei enterprise\nueled\config\config i have multiple things like
2 charging
200 notification
2000 bluetooth
2200 charging
32 bluetooth
34 charging
4000 wireless
64 wireless
8 signal
800 signal

is this why i still have 1.1 showing in remove programs?

Last edited by kaos; 02-22-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: update situation
Old 02-23-2008, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

hey, could someone hook me up with 1.1 ?

1.3 will not work for me at all. I installed it and choose to disable the service led, but it will not shut off. then if I run the program again it shows nothing in the light address area until I uninstall and re install.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMZ View Post
hey, could someone hook me up with 1.1 ?

1.3 will not work for me at all. I installed it and choose to disable the service led, but it will not shut off. then if I run the program again it shows nothing in the light address area until I uninstall and re install.
Here is 1.1
Attached Files
File Type: zip no2chem nueLED_1.1.zip (29.2 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
1.1 was the original installed. i removed that and some reg settings....Your saying uninstall 1.3 then install 1.1 then delete then reinstall 1.3? what about when 1.1 says it wasn't completely uninstalled after removal?right now i have everything working except theres that mycpl 26 there now.and nueled is now in actual programs folder.also nueled 1.1 still shows under remove programs..when you click on it it ask if you want to remove for installed programs list..i select yes...but its still there..i even uninstalled 1.3 then tried to reinstall 1.1... says previous version exist must be removed to continue..i select yes...it says install unsuccessful. So i reinstalled 1.3 rebooted.lights once again work... but still shows 1.1 installed under remove programs. as well as mycpl 26 under settings>system...Why the hecks up.

EDIT//

I don't know how but i got it all cleaned out..things seems to be working havent applied to stop the lights yet thats next step..but mycpl26 is gones.as well as multiple reference points....my only problem now is it still shows no2chem nueled 1.1 under remove programs. i deleted a folder for it under windows/appmanager
rebooted...still there..i even used resco too search for that term no2chem 1.1 found nothing....any ideas how to get it off installed programs list in remove programs?

under the registry in the wei enterprise\nueled\config\config i have multiple things like
2 charging
200 notification
2000 bluetooth
2200 charging
32 bluetooth
34 charging
4000 wireless
64 wireless
8 signal
800 signal

is this why i still have 1.1 showing in remove programs?
I threw together a simple script that should delete all the registry entries and shortcuts for versions of nueLED published so far. However, I cannot figure out how to remove entries from the "Remove Programs" screen. Therefore, it will still show there but should have no impact other than the annoyance of seeing it in the unistall list.

This script will also wipe out your 1.3 build, so you might want to uninstall it first. I would also suggest a device backup just to be on the safe side.

Here is my suggested course of actions.

1. Uninstall 1.3 and reboot
2. Unzip the 3 files from nueLED_Cleaner.zip somewhere on your device. It doesn't matter where as long as all 3 are in the same directory.
3. Run nueLED_Cleaner.exe

At that point you could try uninstalling 1.1 again and see if it will come off the list. Then reinstall 1.3
Attached Files
File Type: zip nueLED_Cleaner.zip (72.0 KB, 125 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by stroths; 02-23-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I threw together a simple script that should delete all the registry entries and shortcuts for versions of nueLED published so far. However, I cannot figure out how to remove entries from the "Remove Programs" screen. Therefore, it will still show there but should have no impact other than the annoyance of seeing it in the unistall list.

Stroths,

I think HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\AppInstall\ controls that list, but I'm not 100% sure. It at least seems to correspond, and I *think* that I successfully removed something that got stuck on the list by killing its entry there before. But don't quote me on that.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

I haven't yet seen anyone report on success with the Sprint Touch yet, so let me be the first. It is disabling my Bluetooth and Service LED flashes perfectly. I haven't tried any other settings because those are the only two I was interested in. It is not interfering with the orange charging LED. I haven't yet tested notifications or the fully charged green LED, both of which I want to still work, but I'm confident they will work as advertised. I'm so thrilled!!!!! It's the little things in life, but as someone who leaves my phone on and bluetooth on all the time, those lights were a pet peeve.

no2chem, you rock. Stroths, you rock too, both for your help packaging this and for LED Killer, which while not perfect was sooo much better then nothing!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development