PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

Hello,

I have designed a intermediate LED driver that sits between the led driver and decides which calls to pass through and whether to redirect them or not.

NEW VERSION 1.5 with loads of new features. Its HIGHLY suggested that you update! Improved device support and memory leak fix.

Basically, you can now turn off your signal light, make it flash blue instead of green, or whatever you wish. So far it's been tested on the titan and the kaiser, but should work on any device that uses ALLLEDMGR. nueLED renames allledmgr to LED2: and names itself LED1:. Please let me know if it works/doesn't work on your device.

Settings are stored in the registry, -1 means active and -2 means inactive, any other number is a redirect. To figure out new addresses, use diagnostic mode in settings.

Heres a short tutorial on how to make your signal LED flash blue:
Select the signal led from the list. It has address 8, mode 1.
Select the option "Redirect to LED Address", and select bluetooth LED.
Soft-Reset your device.

Your signal LED should now be blue!

If you use the cab version and decide to remove it, you need to set
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\AllLEDMgr]
"Index"=dword:1

and perorm a soft reset to re-enable the old led driver. Also delete the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\nueLED] key.

You can find nueLED at http://www.weienterprises.com/nue
Stroths has provided a cab version for your convenience : see http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...618#post189618
Special thanks to stroths for figuring out how to package this into a simple cab.

A program to help you control your leds, nueLEDControl is also included. The syntax is relatively simple, i.e. nueLEDControl "address" "mode".

If you appreciate nueLED, donations are welcome. Comments, bug reports, etc. are also welcome.

Last edited by no2chem; 02-24-2008 at 07:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 27 times.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:01 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

What more can be said about your ingenuity and speedy delivery!?

Absolutely great work no2chem. Will all of your latest releases be included in your next rom revision?

Your my nomination candidate for PPCGeeks MVP Award '08 (if it existed...)

Update - I get a "Wei enterprises nueLED-cab cannot be installed" error after repeat attempts to install onto device...

Last edited by xweaponx; 02-21-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm asking this as a complete ignoramus on the subject, but why would someone want to redirect the bluetooth flashing LED to voicemail or redirect any of the flashing LEDs?

Was this something that HTC promised could be done, or is it something that was broken?

Just curious.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I'm asking this as a complete ignoramus on the subject, but why would someone want to redirect the bluetooth flashing LED to voicemail or redirect any of the flashing LEDs?

Was this something that HTC promised could be done, or is it something that was broken?

Just curious.
er, i don't know.. honestly i just thought it was cool. well, actually I can see some use of redirecting the wifi led to bluetooth, since i never notice the stupid green led.... and... htc .. never promised anything! ... although honestly i think being able to configure the leds should be... built in....
Old 02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor

Your one of the champions of wm6.1. But I guess it bares asking: is this only for 6.1 because I get an error message once I try to install the cab. Im running dcds 1.6.10/R 1.47.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:16 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Options. People like options and nueLED allows you the option(s):

Turn of the constantly blinking-green service led
and/or
redirect the red, orange, green & blue leds to indcate a notification of your personal liking.

I too get the same error as Cutta-boi...
Old 02-21-2008, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post

Just curious.
I can speak for myself... I would rather have the blue flashing status light as opposed to the green
Old 02-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Didn't install correctly for me.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post
Update - I get a "Wei enterprises nueLED-cab cannot be installed" error after repeat attempts to install onto device...
Very nice work on this, it looks like fun, but I'm getting the above-mentioned error, also.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

nobuseri is a n00b

Build 5048; I get the same error. I even uninstalled the previous LED modification and I still had the same error.

Great work on these applications! Hats off to you. =)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development