View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 PM
stroths
VIP & Master of my Domain

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
1.1 was the original installed. i removed that and some reg settings....Your saying uninstall 1.3 then install 1.1 then delete then reinstall 1.3? what about when 1.1 says it wasn't completely uninstalled after removal?right now i have everything working except theres that mycpl 26 there now.and nueled is now in actual programs folder.also nueled 1.1 still shows under remove programs..when you click on it it ask if you want to remove for installed programs list..i select yes...but its still there..i even uninstalled 1.3 then tried to reinstall 1.1... says previous version exist must be removed to continue..i select yes...it says install unsuccessful. So i reinstalled 1.3 rebooted.lights once again work... but still shows 1.1 installed under remove programs. as well as mycpl 26 under settings>system...Why the hecks up.

EDIT//

I don't know how but i got it all cleaned out..things seems to be working havent applied to stop the lights yet thats next step..but mycpl26 is gones.as well as multiple reference points....my only problem now is it still shows no2chem nueled 1.1 under remove programs. i deleted a folder for it under windows/appmanager
rebooted...still there..i even used resco too search for that term no2chem 1.1 found nothing....any ideas how to get it off installed programs list in remove programs?

under the registry in the wei enterprise\nueled\config\config i have multiple things like
2 charging
200 notification
2000 bluetooth
2200 charging
32 bluetooth
34 charging
4000 wireless
64 wireless
8 signal
800 signal

is this why i still have 1.1 showing in remove programs?
I threw together a simple script that should delete all the registry entries and shortcuts for versions of nueLED published so far. However, I cannot figure out how to remove entries from the "Remove Programs" screen. Therefore, it will still show there but should have no impact other than the annoyance of seeing it in the unistall list.

This script will also wipe out your 1.3 build, so you might want to uninstall it first. I would also suggest a device backup just to be on the safe side.

Here is my suggested course of actions.

1. Uninstall 1.3 and reboot
2. Unzip the 3 files from nueLED_Cleaner.zip somewhere on your device. It doesn't matter where as long as all 3 are in the same directory.
3. Run nueLED_Cleaner.exe

At that point you could try uninstalling 1.1 again and see if it will come off the list. Then reinstall 1.3
Attached Files
File Type: zip nueLED_Cleaner.zip (72.0 KB, 125 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by stroths; 02-23-2008 at 01:59 PM.