PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 11:14 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

Does everyone knows that these each of the (2) left & right LED's are surface-mount RGB's (Red-Green-Blue) and are capable of MANY colors? When used in varying combinations the three can reproduce up to 65,000 colors by seperate levels of intensity and luminance. Imagine what could be done if a driver was created to control each LED color within the whole LED itself to be used in combination?

You could make purple, white, pink, lavender, brown, not to mention the relative shades of red, green, and blue...

Old 02-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post
Does everyone knows that these each of the (2) left & right LED's are surface-mount RGB's (Red-Green-Blue) and are capable of MANY colors? When used in varying combinations the three can reproduce up to 65,000 colors by seperate levels of intensity and luminance. Imagine what could be done if a driver was created to control each LED color within the whole LED itself to be used in combination?

You could make purple, white, pink, lavender, brown, not to mention the relative shades of red, green, and blue...
if we have access to the pwm output pins, yes we can do this. if its abstracted by some kind of hardware, we are limited to whats implemented in the hardware.

then again, 20 bytes is a whole lot of data to control 2 flashing leds..
Old 02-26-2008, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond (Unlocked GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

ooshnoo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
if we have access to the pwm output pins, yes we can do this. if its abstracted by some kind of hardware, we are limited to whats implemented in the hardware.

then again, 20 bytes is a whole lot of data to control 2 flashing leds..

no2chem...

Any thoughts on why the LEDs won't stop blinking when we dismiss notifications?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
no2chem...

Any thoughts on why the LEDs won't stop blinking when we dismiss notifications?
im looking into what the last 16 bytes mean, hopefully it'll clue us in.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

JudasD is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judasd View Post
I have seen an issue with 1.1 and 1.2 where if you disable the charging LED (non blinking) it will still sometimes still show amber while charging or green when complete. It's very random. Has anyone else seen this?

JD

Quote:
er, yeah. i've actually witnessed the issue. I'm not sure if the new update fixes it... let me check...
This issue still appears to exist in version 1.5 but it is no longer random. When i plug in the charger the LED stays off for about 30 seconds, then turns on and acts like normal. If i unplug the charger and plug it back in i get the 30 seconds again. If i wait until the light turns green (fully charged) then unplug and plug back in, now it stays off. Interesting....

JD
Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 6900

shifty222 is a n00b

First off, thank you for this great little program no2chem.

I'm using this on my HTC Vogue.

There is an issue where if I redirect the notification LED to anyhting else, it would only stay on for a few seconds on sms/email/missed call and turn off. Only the original setting for the notification LED will keep it blinking for more than 5 sec.

Redirecting the signal LED to blue works perfectly, though.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

does this work only work on the v3 firmware??
Old 02-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jeepers128 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post

If your battery dies very low the amber light turns red. I'd love to have that to notify me of emails or text message. I haven't been able to figure that code out yet. Anyone have a clue?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Someone figured it out a few pages ago.

It was Address 4 mode 4 i believe. but there are issues.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:35 AM
N00b

unknown_g is just getting started

Quote:
ok, got another address ,

slow notification LED, address 4, mode 8
you'll need to turn off the address 4, 0 control in order for this to work...
I'm using the Sprint Touch and the addr 4 mode 8 does 4 short amber then a very fast red then stops. I think it might be the addr 4,0 control that might be causing it to stop. How do you turn it off?

Also isn't the diag suppose to record whenever an led blinks? or am i misunderstanding how it works?

Also the addr 4 mode 4 does give me the red led but stops short after the addr 4 mode 0 keeps in.

Also I see that we can manually test for modes over 2; there a way that the Cycle LEDS can be made to go as high as mode 8 since we are seeing things happening at mode 8?

Last edited by unknown_g; 03-01-2008 at 11:40 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development