PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms
Carrier: Sprint

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
Thanks for the help and BTW, I love your user name.

I added pcgeeks.com and ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/ to the "trusted" site in IE7 and still no dice which is weird because it works great from work. All I can think of is my security program (nod32) behaves differently when I'm physically connected to our server at work.

Anyway, if you could upload the file for me I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks!
Here are some links to files I uploaded for you, I also sent the same to you in PM. Not knowing what you are currently running on your phone, I included a few things. If you are currently running the 3.16 ROM (you have GPS working) just flash to new one and you are good to go. If not, you need to get the 3.16 ROM on there first (let me know and I will upload that one for you as well)

Here are some rapidshare links to ROM build 5040 and the SPL you will need to flash first if you haven't already. I assume you already have the 3.16 ROM on your phone now? if not, you will need to flash that one first as No2's ROM is just the OS and not the radio.

MAKE SURE!!

1. Flash the SPL to 2.40 olipro by running the Hard-SPL-MFG. It will self extract to c:\ttn240mfg then run the ROMUpdateUtility program which will flash the new SPL that will allow you to load the new ROM.

2. you have already flashed the 3.16 ROM to get the latest radio on your phone.

3. Extract the .nbh file from the 5040 Build rar file and replace the RUU_signed.nbh file in the c:\ttn240mfg folder overwriting the one currently in there.

4. Run the same ROMUpdateUtility program located in that folder that you used to update your SPL, this time it will run the new .nbh flashing No2's WinMo 6.1 build 5040 to your phone. If you are using Vista, have an XP machine handy as you may need to exit bootloader using the titan_exitbl file which I will include as well for you.

I hope this helps you along the way, if I rambled or told you things you already know I apologize, just wanted to make sure

Here are the files:

6.1 ROM Build 5040
http://rapidshare.com/files/89437105..._5040.rar.html

HARD-SPL-MFG
http://rapidshare.com/files/89399311...L-MFG.exe.html

And finally, the titan_exitbl file to get out of the rainbow of death screen if that happens
http://rapidshare.com/files/89399568...xitbl.rar.html

Last edited by soaknfused; 02-05-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: updated links to 5040 ROM
Old 02-05-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor
If I copy the files on my SD Card to my computer by hooking the phone up via USB those files are then unencrypted? or will any files I used or created since installing this ROM be totally useless the next time I hard reset?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rangie is keeping up the good workrangie is keeping up the good work
How do I make sure I can get to the files from my sd card after reflashing?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangie View Post
How do I make sure I can get to the files from my sd card after reflashing?
back them up first.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
I've figured out the problem, give me a bit to post the fix... turns out mencflt.dll still wants to turn on unless i delete it from xip
No2Chem:

Did you post the fixed rom? The only reason I ask is because the date remains 2/4 on the ftp.

I am excited to upgrade!

Thanks for your hardwork!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
No2Chem:

Did you post the fixed rom? The only reason I ask is because the date remains 2/4 on the ftp.

I am excited to upgrade!

Thanks for your hardwork!
not yet, i am going to post it soon, running some tests.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
i am giving up flashing for 5days i flashed my phone atleast 7 times since all these gps roms came out, i am sticking with nueroms though. I was down to 3mb yesterday and it still opened live search and pocket cm with no problems..

BTW is the officially 6.1 released? I am kinda lost, did you build 5023 on the official release or a leaked version? not like it matters just curious
Old 02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I just installed Build 5039 and I cannot copy files from a folder to another? I get an exception error saying cannot copy file.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I got it, I had to go into the encrption setting and simply close it leaving the option unchecked and now it all works except the folder I'm copying the fiels to does not refreash and show the file there after copy unless I manually refresh it.

EDIT: Even more annoying is that I have to go into the encryption settings after EVERY soft reset, lol.
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100

Last edited by 92GTA; 02-05-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jeffreynew23 is just getting started
I tried loading this ROM on my phone and I think that i bricked it. Someone please help. I am stuck in on the HTC smart mobility screen. What should I do or there no hope?
Old 02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
I just installed Build 5039 and I cannot copy files from a folder to another? I get an exception error saying cannot copy file.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I got it, I had to go into the encrption setting and simply close it leaving the option unchecked and now it all works except the folder I'm copying the fiels to does not refreash and show the file there after copy unless I manually refresh it.

EDIT: Even more annoying is that I have to go into the encryption settings after EVERY soft reset, lol.
please update to the latest version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development